Author Topic: the New tyranny of NA :evil:  (Read 11272 times)

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: the New tyranny of NA :evil:
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2013, 10:48:06 pm »
+7
Why do black people cry during sex?
(click to show/hide)

A girl is flirting at a bar and says "Tell me it's true what they say about black guys"
(click to show/hide)

What is long and hard on a black man?
(click to show/hide)

What do you call five black guys on a stage?
(click to show/hide)

whats the most confusing day in harlem?
(click to show/hide)

Whats the difference between blacks and snow tires?
(click to show/hide)

What's the difference between a naked white woman and a naked black woman?
(click to show/hide)

The other day, I was walking downtown and I saw a friend walk past with a giant TV. And I thought, "funny, that one looks just like mine..."
So I called the wife and thankfully...
(click to show/hide)

How does a black girl know she's pregnant?
(click to show/hide)

Why can't Stevie Wonder read?
(click to show/hide)

Whats a word the begins with N, ends in R and you never want to a call a black person?
(click to show/hide)

What do blacks and bicycles have in common?
(click to show/hide)

A white boy, jimmy, and a black boy, jamal, are in the same kindergarten class. One day the teacher asks them to recite the alphabet. Jimmy goes first and gets through it perfectly. Jamal goes next, gets to h, stumbles and can't finish. That night, Jamal asks his mom why jimmy could recite the abc's and he couldn't. His mom responds with "that's because jimmy is white and you are black." The next day, the teacher asks them to count to 10. Jimmy again goes first and gets through it perfectly. Jamal goes second, gets to 4, stumbles and can't finish. That night, Jamal asks his mom why jimmy could count to 10 and he couldn't. His moms response was the same, " because he is white and you are black." The next day, while in the bathroom, Jamal catches a glimpse of Jimmy's penis. That night he asks his mother, "today I was in the bathroom and saw Jimmy's penis and mine was much bigger than his. Is that because I'm black and he's white?" Jamal's mother responds with, "no Jamal, that's because you are 18 and he is 5."
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2013, 10:50:14 pm »
+2
LOL that last one cracked me up.

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2013, 10:53:29 pm »
I would defend your right to crusade against and belittle people you find offensive, but I would still think its dumb and close minded.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2013, 11:02:33 pm »
I think it's pretty close minded when people can't identify with any feelings other than their own, tbh.  But that's kind of privilege in a nutshell, when the person in question doesn't have to worry about things other people have to.  I mean, either that's the case, or the person just doesn't care.  But that's when it crosses the line to being a sociopath.

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2013, 11:09:09 pm »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say calling someone a bundle of sticks doesn't mean they are legitimate homophobes. It also doesn't mean they lack empathy or caring. It doesn't mean they are a faceless, internet sociopath. Also hate could come from any societal background.You shouldn't make such assumptions about people.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2013, 11:09:44 pm »
+8
Honestly who's idea was it to change the admin team to Morality Police and make the c in cRPG stand for Christian Gaming?

Its a shit idea.  If the devs have legitimate concerns about the "accessiblity" of their game then they can make a word filter.  One that would probably have to cover half the turkish, russian, italian, etc languages to actually stop the inter-national trolling that cracks me up.  And hasn't been addressed by anyone in this thread.  Because of a white guilt/homophobia fixation in conversation?  Ignoring all forms of insulting or rage that aren't presented here but appear to be bannable offenses from a videogame, in order to Follow the Narrative here of out of touch american white racists getting it wrong.

Its a competitive game.  Like playing soccer.   You call people bitches, bundle of stickss, stuff like that on actual sports fields all the time because of adrenaline, as a fan or player.  BADPLAYER who sounds like the number one ignorant ideologue here, like 12 year old "amateur sociologist' who read a few reddit posts about Why Racism Exists.  I've seen him go off on people being bundle of stickss or friends in literally every Dota game he's ever played.  Usually while griefing the team and being bad.  WAY worse then any cRPG stuff people do in that game.  Yet somehow Dota/HoN/LoL is still insanely popular, and the worst people are usually punished on a select basis after player reports.

If admins start casually banning players for dropping "bundle of sticks" in a video game chat though, you will literally be losing 50-100 times more players within a month then you'd ever gain.  That is when christian gaming servers pop up when a mod is already super unpopular and small, and either you get a few insane roleplaying spergs left to run and manage the one server with people trying to grin teeth and bear with it, or much more typically the game is uninstalled.

Basically who gives a shit lol etc, but the community is small and the game unpopular because it has no advertising and its not that good, and having admins of Tears of Destiny level involvement in the game absolutely kills a community faster then anything and is just a bad way to run a gaming community.  Bad for players, bad for business, bad for common sense, and its even bad for the Advancement of Social Acceptance of Progressive Values, if that's the argument.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2013, 11:18:35 pm »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say calling someone a bundle of sticks doesn't mean they are legitimate homophobes. It also doesn't mean they lack empathy or caring. It doesn't mean they are a faceless, internet sociopath. Also hate could come from any societal background.You shouldn't make such assumptions about people.
Indeed, but it does mean they're being irresponsible with their speech, and inconsiderate of others feelings. Of course you can just say "toughen up", but that doesn't make you any less inconsiderate.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2013, 11:20:06 pm »
Honestly who's idea was it to change the admin team to Morality Police and make the c in cRPG stand for Christian Gaming?

Its a shit idea.  If the devs have legitimate concerns about the "accessiblity" of their game then they can make a word filter.  One that would probably have to cover half the turkish, russian, italian, etc languages to actually stop the inter-national trolling that cracks me up.  And hasn't been addressed by anyone in this thread.  Because of a white guilt/homophobia fixation in conversation?  Ignoring all forms of insulting or rage that aren't presented here but appear to be bannable offenses from a videogame, in order to Follow the Narrative here of out of touch american white racists getting it wrong.

Its a competitive game.  Like playing soccer.   You call people bitches, bundle of stickss, stuff like that on actual sports fields all the time because of adrenaline, as a fan or player.  BADPLAYER who sounds like the number one ignorant ideologue here, like 12 year old "amateur sociologist' who read a few reddit posts about Why Racism Exists.  I've seen him go off on people being bundle of stickss or friends in literally every Dota game he's ever played.  Usually while griefing the team and being bad.  WAY worse then any cRPG stuff people do in that game.  Yet somehow Dota/HoN/LoL is still insanely popular, and the worst people are usually punished on a select basis after player reports.

If admins start casually banning players for dropping "bundle of sticks" in a video game chat though, you will literally be losing 50-100 times more players within a month then you'd ever gain.  That is when christian gaming servers pop up when a mod is already super unpopular and small, and either you get a few insane roleplaying spergs left to run and manage the one server with people trying to grin teeth and bear with it, or much more typically the game is uninstalled.

Basically who gives a shit lol etc, but the community is small and the game unpopular because it has no advertising and its not that good, and having admins of Tears of Destiny level involvement in the game absolutely kills a community faster then anything and is just a bad way to run a gaming community.  Bad for players, bad for business, bad for common sense, and its even bad for the Advancement of Social Acceptance of Progressive Values, if that's the argument.
my nigga, QFT

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2013, 11:24:33 pm »
+3

I would +1 this if I had the right.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2013, 11:24:56 pm »

No, I wasn't saying it came from being a sociopath, I was saying it came from ignorance, and that if it wasn't for ignorance it would be from being a sociopath.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2013, 11:26:33 pm »
+4
Why bother even banning racial slurs, then?  I say let's let this game be free for all if you're only going to barely part way.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2013, 11:28:02 pm »
+3
Why bother even banning racial slurs, then?  I say let's let this game be free for all if you're only going to barely part way.

Now you're making sense.

Free Spook for fuck sake.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2013, 11:29:07 pm »

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2013, 11:29:41 pm »
+2

Finally you have said something that isn't completely retarded and gay.