Author Topic: Open Field Battles Anti-Cavalry  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Open Field Battles Anti-Cavalry
« on: March 25, 2013, 03:44:23 am »
+8
 In open field battles the guys that get the vast majority of the kills are the cavalry. Stopping cavalry is as simple as poking them with a stick. Anyone can stop a cavalryman; a shielder with a 1h and a -2 trident (1wpf) can --easily-- stop a horse.

Yet every strat battle i fight in the open field there are shielders with no hoplite weapons ... armies that don't take any shielder anti-cav at all ...

Please for the love of god battle organisers out there, even if it is only -2 tridents / pitchforks, can we have some anti-cavalry weapons in your armies ... just being able to defend yourself against cavalry (even with 1 wpf) is so important ...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 = :-)

Please try to remember next time you build armies guys ... Thanks :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:53:27 am by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
Re: Open Field Battles Anti-Cavalry
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 04:05:42 am »
Just show the trident and pitch fork some love, they're good weapons when you get to know them!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 04:08:09 am »

= :-)))))

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 04:10:33 am »
+1
i as cavalry can say that enemy always has more than enough pikemans/longspear users to counter cavalry, it is just that you cant always watch your side and back, cavalry will get you eventualy when you least expect it.(especialy me, so much fun to kill pikeman huhuhuhu)
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 04:33:20 am »
+1
It's even worse on NA... no one want to play pikemen...

but now we have the stakes!  :D
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 04:40:49 am »
yes stakes are great.
Leader of BS

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 04:43:10 am »
It's even worse on NA... no one want to play pikemen...

but now we have the stakes!  :D

To be honest, in the last few battles I've been in, we have had good pikemen in decent quantity. Enemy cavalry has been getting decimated.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 05:06:35 am »
Warspear was one of the first things i loomed in Khudan, no army of ours goes without it.
There really is no excuse not to support hoplites in strat battles, they are one of the most versatile roles.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 06:25:41 am »

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 07:01:40 am »
+13
One might say the stakes have been raised on NA.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 12:40:31 pm »
+1
Warspear was one of the first things i loomed in Khudan, no army of ours goes without it.
There really is no excuse not to support hoplites in strat battles, they are one of the most versatile roles.

yes, war spear is very nice for any shielder, but i say trident because it's so ridiculously cheap ... if people want to buy war spear / red tassel spear that's great, but trident literally costs --nothing-- and you can defend yourself against cavalry ... :))

if every infantryman carries some form of cavalry protection (even a trident), it makes it that much harder for the enemy cavalry to utterly own the battlefield.

As for those people who are saying longspears are cavalry protection, well, they protect small areas sure, but the enemy cavalry just targets the guys not covered by the longspears !! and if there's just 2, 3 longspears defending an area and 8 enemy cavalry, they will just swamp the area with cav ... everyone needs to be able to defend themselves, you can't just rely on a handful of pikemen ^^

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 02:15:57 pm »
+1
yes, war spear is very nice for any shielder, but i say trident because it's so ridiculously cheap ... if people want to buy war spear / red tassel spear that's great, but trident literally costs --nothing-- and you can defend yourself against cavalry ... :))

if every infantryman carries some form of cavalry protection (even a trident), it makes it that much harder for the enemy cavalry to utterly own the battlefield.

As for those people who are saying longspears are cavalry protection, well, they protect small areas sure, but the enemy cavalry just targets the guys not covered by the longspears !! and if there's just 2, 3 longspears defending an area and 8 enemy cavalry, they will just swamp the area with cav ... everyone needs to be able to defend themselves, you can't just rely on a handful of pikemen ^^

That sparks a general idea of buying mass amounts of cheap -2 items that some classes that have some free slots would take and give a general advantage over more classical armies, where you take only the costiest of weapons and only the one you are a master with.

The only disadvantage I see there, is people caugh unaware (read poor intelligence) could be killed while they wield their secondary weapon.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 03:09:20 pm »
+2
As 1h-shielder I always pickup off ground or spawn with a hoplite spear, no brainer. I just drop it anytime I decide to go into close melee but when nothing is happening I can help with anti-cav job.  You can actually get a lot of kills or assists with a nice +3 ashwood or light lance and zero WPF when supporting infantry, they still thrust at a decent speed, just back off if a real spearman or hoplite starts targeting you.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 06:47:09 pm »
That sparks a general idea of buying mass amounts of cheap -2 items that some classes that have some free slots would take and give a general advantage over more classical armies, where you take only the costiest of weapons and only the one you are a master with.

The only disadvantage I see there, is people caugh unaware (read poor intelligence) could be killed while they wield their secondary weapon.

yup ... obviously the occasional noob will be caught unawares and die whilst switching, but the player that dies in that manner was probably going to die anyway, and the decreased cav deaths from taking (basically free) spears (tridents) outweighs this a lot ^^

Offline Guntram

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 03:21:04 am »
alway seem like there no enough pike/spears in battle but we tend to die from inf more than cav. pikers cant help when dead after they just help someone get out of a jam most have 1 direction of attack and smart enemies will exploit that we just cant keep blocking. ask ascalon about that one fight where he hit me total of 7 times befor i got any help. so really others need help to help you.