Author Topic: 100 wpf in Throwing enough?  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
100 wpf in Throwing enough?
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:24:06 pm »
+1
I'm going to be a shielder with 4 PT is 100 wpf enough to be accurate and still pick up axes?

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 100 wpf in Throwing enough?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:26:24 pm »
Should be more than enough I think. What armor are you planning to wear. If you're going for heavy armor, then it might be good.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 01:28:43 pm »
Definetely no. 100 Wpf in throwing is too less, you will have a bad accurary and u will just be frustrated.
120 Wpf in throwing is a must if you wanna throw into some asses. So 120+ to have middle-good or acceptable accurary.
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 01:30:48 pm »
But for a shielder it should be enough, I am sorry!
For a good-very good accurary for a shielder I meant 120+. But it depends how you can aim with low accurary too. So should be enough for a shield-1h+ thrower
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 01:33:41 pm »
I never feel the difference in throwing wpf really, nor the throwing speed. It is just a requirement for pt I think. I have tried throwing with 1 wpf and 0 pt in mercenaries mod. Not much difference but the damage.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 01:45:22 pm »
I used to have 5 PT and 100 wpf and I threw snowflakes and Javelins and It was perfectly fine!

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »
100 is fine. I am using 100 wpf now with 5pt and I am still hitting and killing. Your rate of fire won't be as great but being a shielder it shouldn't matter anyway :) and yes you should be able to pick up axes as long as you are not dressing like a tin can.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 02:49:06 pm »
I never feel the difference in throwing wpf really, nor the throwing speed. It is just a requirement for pt I think. I have tried throwing with 1 wpf and 0 pt in mercenaries mod. Not much difference but the damage.
That's always the way I felt.  It didn't seem to matter how much WPF I had in throwing, my weapon's always threw in the same spot of my crosshair, it's just a matter of getting used to the weapon...

But I've had others (pure throwers like Chucky) who swear by going max WPF for accuracy, but also for extra damage.  They have a lot of PT too they need to make up WPF drop for, but I know there's people out there who swear by having high WPF in throwing....I still think it's pointless though. 

IMO there's no need for pure throwers, you're much better off going melee + throwing.

*EDIT*  The guy above me (NJ_Legion_Icedtea) reminded me of the main reason Chucky (or some other thrower) told me they use high WPF, it's because they can get their weapon primed to throw much faster than with lower WPF.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 03:19:50 pm »
100 wpf for 4 PT is enough unless you are wearing heaviest plate.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 06:06:27 pm »
I have 100 wpf and 4 power throw, and the following gear exactly maxes out my available wpf (.1 more weight on anything gives me the "proficiency too low" message):

3.5 kg helm
18.1 kg body armor
1.2 kg gloves
0.8 kg boots

Although since the nerf to heavy throwing axes, you'd be better off with jarids (5 power throw). You can support 5 PT with 100 wpf if you stick to medium armor all around.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 06:31:18 pm »
You will certainly be fine, Jarold. I recommend trying out war-darts though, especially after this heavy throwing axe change. Javelins are damn nice weapons too.

As Phew stated above, 5PT with 100wpf is also very viable; given you are not wearing heavy helmets and gloves. I threw jarids at 5PT very effectively using heraldic mail with tabard, plate mittens, and kettle helmet. Seems that the plate mitts didn't fuck me up as much as I thought it would.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 09:46:50 pm »
Interesting. Does anyone know what is the lowest wpf you can get before being able to pick up a thrown weapon?

5 PT for Jarids seems a little too much with my armor.

Head : 3.8
Body : 17.2
Hand : 0.9
Foot : 2.6

If so I might use 4 PT with Javelins or something like that ( or my pride and joy HTA )
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:53:08 pm by Jarold »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 09:54:58 pm »
Interesting. Does anyone know what is the lowest wpf you can get before being able to pick up a thrown weapon?

If so I might use 4 PT with Javelins or something like that ( or my pride and joy HTA )

Keep in mind I speak only from experience; not hard numbers. I'd agree with your statement; you could likely get away with it if your helmet dropped in weight. However, I think 4 PT is the way to go for you. A lot of people consider Javelins to be in a poor position, and perhaps they are, but they look pretty cool and still kill people/horses dead.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »

You will need to sacrifice on either the helm or body weight to maintain 5 PT with 100 wpf. A ~3 kg helm coupled with possibly lighter boots should get you there. I was able to maintain 5 PT with 104 wpf with the following:

head: 3.5
Body: 17
Hand: 0.7
Feet: 1.1

To check throwing wpf, i usually make a STF, transfer my looms, and add wpf one at a time until the message goes away. If someone has the current formula, I could save that step, but none of the formulas I've seen appear correct with the current version.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 10:04:08 pm »
Ok i'll try that out, Phew. I'll also test out some throwing weapons on a STF.