Author Topic: Eu 2 / NA 2 Conquest gamemode  (Read 5973 times)

Offline moorane

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Moratai
Re: Eu 2 / NA 2 Conquest gamemode
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2013, 04:40:16 pm »
It's great fun, but still needs some tweaking I guess...Like  Kaffein said - it's hardly possible for the attackers to win; they've the longer way to the last flag, while defenders respawn near the flag (and if both teams are relatively equal in terms of kills/"skill" the math just doesn't sum up). Maybe an increasing respawn timer if you die alot in a short time (to make players play at least a bit more careful) would be a good idea as well.

What would be a great addition to the "normal siege" mode would be if both teams would be fighting for territory/flags (like domination in some fps games out there^^) - multiplier could be based on the number of flags a team owns. But so far the "new siege" is really refreshing and fun :).

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2013, 04:40:57 pm »
HOW TO FIX MULTIPLIER SYSTEM ON THIS GAME MODE!

Make it like this: At start, attackers have a x1 and defenders have a x5. As Attackers capture flags, their multi goes up(to a x5) and defenders drop to a x1. This will be balanced(but would require between 5-7* ). This means that capping flags gets you points, and defending keeps your points. And If what I think is true, assuming a good average game, it'll result in a x3 for everyone, unless one side gets REAL good or has a smart tactic.

*Why: because if you have it at 7(with 2 fully uncappable spawns) or 5 with only attackers spawn unconquerable, it'll work with the 1 flag, 1 multi rule. But if you had 8 flags, you can't do this rule, but even in conquest game modes, you shouldn't have more than 7 flags anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2013, 05:10:25 pm »
+3
meh i not tryd too make a map yet but this conqeust thingy got so much friggin potential may i defeat my lazyness :D

it could be awesome for Clan action with big numbers.Now u actually can create maps which could force more "tactical battels" .Like simply creating  Terrain areas which give an advantage for the different Classes.Since u need all flags too win the Round peopel can form Battalions too take a certain Flag.There can be made chokepoints which can be won by one Team with more tactics involved depending at the map.I have a shitload of ideas.
The most simpel way would be too cut 1 Map in 3 parts.
-Left Flank:
 plains for cav clashes

-Middel
Fortificated Position for ranged

-Right Flank
Urban/rocky terrain for Melee Clash.

This naturaly offers 3 Options for Battailons ,each will have an own "Task" at the map they gotta achieve too help the Team too win the Round.
Depending how the different Map Areas are connected ,rougly Manouvers like Flanking or sandwich a Position that is hold by the other Team can be performed.
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2013, 08:05:49 pm »
+8
Stop suggesting xp/gold solutions for the current model please. Multiplier based xp will soon be gone from the mod for good, for all modes.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2013, 08:09:26 pm »
Stop suggesting xp/gold solutions for the current model please. Multiplier based xp will soon be gone from the mod for good, for all modes.

Ah, ok, but lets hope the new system works well with this! We are only attempting to help make it better!

Honestly, using this mode with strat would be pretty neat. Makes strat about map acquisition and proper holding points.

Ever thought about taking this new game mode and porting it to strat?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2013, 08:11:35 pm »
+1

Just tie points to objectives and kills.  Bonus points/score for more kills by flags.  Possibly track assists in a similar way.  Award an end of round bonus to both teams if they stick through the entire time based on how many minutes you played.  Double the bonus if you win or whatever.  Try to balance it so winning team is like a 20-30 minutes of 3-5x, but losing team is never below 2.5x (in current rates).

I'm assuming the new xp system will be based on points anyways.  Expanding the current points system to objectives (and end of round bonuses for wins, losses, and personal performance) makes the most sense.

Then just make gold a certain percentage of your final XP.  So you get more gold actually playing and doing well then AFK leeching.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2013, 08:15:02 pm »

I hope it will be a system thats friendly for people that don't play every day for 12h. :)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2013, 08:37:01 pm »
+4
It may be worth separating the spawn points from the capture points by some distance. That would help prevent defenders from spawning directly on top of the attackers.

It also may be worth having a wave spawn mechanic, similar to Day of Defeat. Rather than each player respawning after a fixed period of time, have all dead players spawn together every 5-10 seconds. That way you end up with waves of players assaulting a location, rather than a constant stream of people.

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2013, 09:17:06 pm »
It may be worth separating the spawn points from the capture points by some distance. That would help prevent defenders from spawning directly on top of the attackers.

It also may be worth having a wave spawn mechanic, similar to Day of Defeat. Rather than each player respawning after a fixed period of time, have all dead players spawn together every 5-10 seconds. That way you end up with waves of players assaulting a location, rather than a constant stream of people.
Your first point is a good one, will be up to the mappers.

Your second one I like, might very well end up adding that.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2013, 10:46:32 pm »
Defender need a 10sec respawn time atleast.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2013, 11:38:57 pm »
+3
Better question is what's the record number of people hit by a single shot.

loadout of pic :

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Ballista IS awesome only for that, Ozin deserve our faithful love!!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2013, 02:53:07 pm »
The balance is shot.

Easiest way is slightly increased respawn time for def and  i would like all inbuilt siege equipment removed but all siege items able to be brought to map, eg everything from ladders to catapults. Would also need an attackers camp where non death respawn with new gear.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2013, 03:27:38 pm »
Your second one I like, might very well end up adding that.
About the 2nd idea - it was implemented in strategus, at they very beginning, but was later scrapped, because the spawning in waves caused lag/stuttering for people. Can this be avoided now?

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2013, 10:14:05 pm »
Couldnt you test this mode on EU4, or some other server no one gives a shit about? Did you really have to fuck up the only last good server left?

After the initial excitement Im starting to think whoever proposed the idea of conquest wanted to bring down EU2. Cause, lets face it, its basically unplayable at the moment. The shitty conquest map is unwinnable and fubar with bugs, and all the other maps, due to the faster flag speed, have suddenly become undefendable (unless teams are super uneven). I keep logging on EU2 only to remember (within seconds!) why I hate it with a passion.

I hope the devs dont take this whole rant as an insult, but forcing this beta into the throats of the siege-players was an incredibly shitty idea. We europeans already have enough on our plate with those fucked up pings we've been getting. Just revert the whole patch, bring the old EU2 back and let us forget this nightmare ever happened.