Author Topic: STOP THE SPAM!!!  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: STOP THE SPAM!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 10:19:23 pm »
jou just hate everything that is diffrent than native is
that's not true ... i like the way the server list loads faster with WSE2. that's not in native.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Wolfsblood

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: Wolfsblood_MB, Wolfsfang
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 10:45:40 pm »
indeed karasu, it seems to be:-) Question is, do you think it has improved?

Well, I was going with a Hornbow and an MW Langes Messer before, and even then I glanced all the fuckin time (also I lost 250 k to upkeep with that gear so I had to change spec due to beeing broke)...but for the 0 slot one hand swords...they glance even more than the pickaxe on heavy armor since they do cut dmg .
I dunno if you ever played archery, but as it is now you definetely need your prof there. I believe, spending any points on melee is a commitment, not many archers even want to do. For me, under 160 wpf my arrows fly anywhere, but not where I want them to:-) But maybe thats just me.

Maybe I have have just been out for too long and need to adapt I guess, if I am the only one who feels that way.
Cheers for ya input anyways.

I use a longbow and a Broad short sword. I have 147 archer, 72 one handed and 6 pw. im still able to hit my targets with my bow and i can kill anything except someone in Milanese plate in melee. u are obviously doing somthing wrong if ur glancing with a pierce wep

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 11:41:58 pm »

Well, I was going with a Hornbow and an MW Langes Messer before, and even then I glanced all the fuckin time (also I lost 250 k to upkeep with that gear so I had to change spec due to beeing broke)...but for the 0 slot one hand swords...they glance even more than the pickaxe on heavy armor since they do cut dmg .
I dunno if you ever played archery, but as it is now you definetely need your prof there. I believe, spending any points on melee is a commitment, not many archers even want to do. For me, under 160 wpf my arrows fly anywhere, but not where I want them to:-) But maybe thats just me.

Maybe I have have just been out for too long and need to adapt I guess, if I am the only one who feels that way.
Cheers for ya input anyways.

Atm I'm 18/15. WPF split evenly between 1h and archery, about 110ish in each.
I'm not gonna be more accurate that super pure archers, but think, who's my main target? people standing still on their own, or large bodies such as mass players or cav?
The latter, hence I don't need a pin sized reticule. And when they too close, 6PS and broad short sword is perfect.

Pure archer is dead. Be like xbows have been forever, hybrid a little. It'll pay off

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 11:49:49 pm »
. Combining decent ( not outstanding ) archery and melee abilities into one build is hardly possible without a high level char.

Try this build then

18 STR
18 AGI

archery 150
1 handed 50

WM 6
PS 6
IR 5
ATH 6
PD 6

This build is for the level 30 , whith this , you can shoot decently , and be a pain for mega agi whores my old friends  :)

But yeah , XyNox, is right , that's hard for archers beginners

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 11:51:58 pm »
they can spam like that beacuse armour is overpowered ... you can take huge amounts of armour crutch with very little penalty (~~60 body armour will still move the same speed as a shielder with ~~30 body armour)

Nerf armour nerf spam

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 12:08:13 am »
Try this build then

18 STR
18 AGI

archery 150
1 handed 50

WM 6
PS 6
IR 5
ATH 6
PD 6

This build is for the level 30 , whith this , you can shoot decently , and be a pain for mega agi whores my old friends  :)

I had that build once with about 80 2h wpf and rest in archery if i recall correctly and it was quite devastating in melee with a military sickle 2h mode. With the new nerfs however, I dont even wanna imagine how gimped your footwork is with all the weight and just 18 agi/6 ath. Also 140 ish wpf in archery makes headshots a game of chance at longer ranges and I sure would like to hit what I am aiming at.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wolfsblood

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: Wolfsblood_MB, Wolfsfang
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 12:26:10 am »
I had that build once with about 80 2h wpf and rest in archery if i recall correctly and it was quite devastating in melee with a military sickle 2h mode. With the new nerfs however, I dont even wanna imagine how gimped your footwork is with all the weight and just 18 agi/6 ath. Also 140 ish wpf in archery makes headshots a game of chance at longer ranges and I sure would like to hit what I am aiming at.

yea footwork is gimped as hell but, thats why we always have the option to drop our bow and pick it up latr

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 12:31:56 am »
I exploit spam.
Please nerf spam.
Spam is silly.
I enrage when I am spammed.
Spam is easy.

Spam.
VERY nice boy :)

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 12:36:01 am »
Try this build then

18 STR
18 AGI

archery 150
1 handed 50

WM 6
PS 6
IR 5
ATH 6
PD 6

Exactly what I use except that I have 5 ath and 6 shield and No if :)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 01:01:23 am »
I used this build with an heavy armor (brigandine over aketon), now , I'm a fucking heavy archer with 6 PS and I'll have soon (20 m lol) 8 in WM !!!! And when you are level 33 , you feel powerful and you kill ninjas for breakfast .

I want to say an other thing in this topic : XyNox , you are my heroooo !!!  :D 

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 01:07:53 am »
Just a fact, I don't see people spamming with characters that can't take a serious beating, hence why I think it is as valid as a playstyle as intentionally making your horse soak hits because you know it won't die.

Spam is not a "clever tactic". People do it because they can. Can't handle holds ? Spam. Can't handle feints ? Spam. Annoyed by players that need to use their w key to be in range ? Backpedal (or jump) and spam. Want to make chamberblocks ? Spam. Got a fast 1h build and daddy problems ? Spam (although it only works with left swings). Can't handle people that dare hit you first when you spam ? Hiltslash.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 12:47:12 pm »
+1
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|
  • Long War Axe                                   | old                            | new                           |

|----------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|-------------------------------|
| difficulty                                         | 15                             | 14                            |
| speed rating                                  | 92                             | 94                            |
| swing damage                                 44 cut                        | 42 cut                        |
|____________________________________________________|________________________________|_______________________________|
thats how devs see balance facepalm

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 01:14:45 pm »
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|
  • Long War Axe                                   | old                            | new                           |

|----------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|-------------------------------|
| difficulty                                         | 15                             | 14                            |
| speed rating                                  | 92                             | 94                            |
| swing damage                                 44 cut                        | 42 cut                        |
|____________________________________________________|________________________________|_______________________________|
thats how devs see balance facepalm

2 speed - 2 in cut damage, I wouldn't say no to that if it happened to the Katana :P

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 03:11:16 pm »
+1
Spam > feints and slow people
Holds > spam
feints > spam
blocking > holds

Spam only works against good players if you catch them offguard or "flatfooted". A good dueller will fucking school ya if you try to spam him straight up. Believe me i have tried (and i keep trying xD)

Holds and feints are alot more reliable.

btw stop spamming arrows yo

Offline StuLLe

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: StuLLe
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 03:27:16 pm »
+1
Spam > feints and slow people
Holds > spam
feints > spam
blocking > holds

Spam only works against good players if you catch them offguard or "flatfooted". A good dueller will fucking school ya if you try to spam him straight up. Believe me i have tried (and i keep trying xD)

Holds and feints are alot more reliable.

btw stop spamming arrows yo
Did u try with a pickaxe and archer spec?:D
Anyway, i was a bit fast with this thread, should ve checked out the new 0 slot weps before making it. feels alot better with a short sword:D thx for that tips!
If you can't kill the wolf, don't pull its tail...