Author Topic: STOP THE SPAM!!!  (Read 3183 times)

Offline StuLLe

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: StuLLe
STOP THE SPAM!!!
« on: March 18, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »
+8
When I started playing this gamethis was all about skill...and maybe your internet connection. Somehow this mutated into a spamfest over the years.  I see alot of people who dont even bother to block me as an archer anymore, because my pickaxe with 40 wpf and 3 PS will glance on them anyways if they dont have the lightest armor.
I see 2H spammers even get Valor (the Valor System sux balls btw, because it so unbalanced, that I am really asking myself how this could make it in the game like that...prolly because most of the people play 2H Lolstabbers, buts thats another topic^^).
Spamming used to be punished hard, no matter if you were fighting a naked guy with a pickaxe or whatever.

I really would like to see the game turn back in that direction!!

Let me knmow what you guys think.
If you can't kill the wolf, don't pull its tail...

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Re: STOP THE SPAM!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:04:40 pm »
+2
You overreact bro. Unexpected spam is also the tactic and don't say it isn't unexpected because if you expected it, you would have blocked it. Also mind that someone may think, he will stun your small "tool" and then he goes for a hit when your weapon is stunned.

If you expect to stun enemy's weapon you have to attack immediately after your previous attack or the stun you've done is nearly worthless.

Shitload of stuff could be said but basically spam is anti-feint attack just as chambers are used against simple&predictable attacks. If you know your enemy, he shouldn't surprise you with any move. For example you can expect spam from Jackie  :D It's usually better to fight safely in the beginning vs people you don't know but...

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline StuLLe

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 06:30:58 pm »
ya, the title is a bit attention whoring...i admit.
But I think you got wrong what I mean. For me spam is the following. My enemy tries a hit. I block it. He immediately tries a second. So back in the days it used to be in a way, that my hit ( after I blocked his first) would land earlier than his second...except if his movement was better than mine during the second cycle.
Now, speed gain through wpf and agi seems to be that high, that the melee is not in "hit-turns" or "-cycles" anymore in some cases, because when I fight someone with a miadao, his second hit lands before my counter attack when I am not feinting of course.
As far as I know, stun is only possible with poles, or am I wrong here? Abnyway, what I am talking about has nothing to do with stun or chambering...read again:-)
the upper is the first point where the game allows spamming in my opinion.The second is the glancing on heavier armor. I am not saying that an archer should stand equal chance in a fight with an armored Knight, but that my weapon does a minimum of the damage he can deal while he can take alot more of that plus his weapon having double the lenghth of mine should be enough. in my opinion...I would love to see if the chance of glancing would be a bit reduced;-)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:38:52 pm by StuLLe »

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 07:12:11 pm »
+2
So you want the game to be turn based?
SOUNDS REALLY FUN

But seriously, I like the fact that someone MIGHT be able to hit me twice quickly if they get the footwork right, keeps me on my toes, makes fights more interesting.

And stop complaining that ppl don't block your shitty pickaxe. Why would anyone block what won't hurt them?

QQ

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 07:27:05 pm »
Weapon stun can happen any time a heavier weapon than yours is blocked by you.  not just with polearms.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 07:31:28 pm »
+1
they can spam like that beacuse armour is overpowered ... you can take huge amounts of armour crutch with very little penalty (~~60 body armour will still move the same speed as a shielder with ~~30 body armour)

Nerf armour nerf spam
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline StuLLe

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 07:54:49 pm »
But seriously, I like the fact that someone MIGHT be able to hit me twice quickly if they get the footwork right, keeps me on my toes, makes fights more interesting.

Maybe you should read again what I wrote...

And stop complaining that ppl don't block your shitty pickaxe. Why would anyone block what won't hurt them?
exactly my point:D

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 07:56:42 pm »
+1
they can spam like that beacuse armour is overpowered ... you can take huge amounts of armour crutch with very little penalty (~~60 body armour will still move the same speed as a shielder with ~~30 body armour)

Nerf armour nerf spam
jou just hate everything that is diffrent than native is

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Ok I guess I understood you better this time, also I was talking about stun of the block of blocking person, not about polestun or other stun.

Skyrim UI

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 08:38:17 pm »
Pickaxe has 1.2 weight. A big axe or Greatsword got about double that amount, so you might experience some short stun without even involving polestun. And many people are able to cause a second hit during that time. :)

What I don't understand, are those 2h that always look on the ground while fighting and then "spamming" the shit out of me. :D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 08:45:42 pm »
+2
It's a whole different game since you left, StuLLe my friend.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 08:48:28 pm »
I've been playing with a Mw Katana for almost every gen. now and pretty much never gone under 18 agility, my attacks are faster than normal players but spam is my one way of defending myself when I wear low tier armor with low protection, since I go with high agility, even and archer could easily land two head-blows on me with a pickaxe and I would be dead :D

Offline Wolfsblood

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: Wolfsblood_MB, Wolfsfang
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 08:56:27 pm »
+2
Why the fuck are u still using a pickaxe when we have some nice 0 slot swords now?  Also I would hope that someone who is a pure melee build with more than double ur melee prof would be able to swing faster.

You wanna be able to be decent in melee as an archer? Get some more prof and drop the shitty pickaxe.

Offline StuLLe

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 09:17:05 pm »
+1
It's a whole different game since you left, StuLLe my friend.

indeed karasu, it seems to be:-) Question is, do you think it has improved?

Why the fuck are u still using a pickaxe when we have some nice 0 slot swords now?  Also I would hope that someone who is a pure melee build with more than double ur melee prof would be able to swing faster.

You wanna be able to be decent in melee as an archer? Get some more prof and drop the shitty pickaxe.

Well, I was going with a Hornbow and an MW Langes Messer before, and even then I glanced all the fuckin time (also I lost 250 k to upkeep with that gear so I had to change spec due to beeing broke)...but for the 0 slot one hand swords...they glance even more than the pickaxe on heavy armor since they do cut dmg .
I dunno if you ever played archery, but as it is now you definetely need your prof there. I believe, spending any points on melee is a commitment, not many archers even want to do. For me, under 160 wpf my arrows fly anywhere, but not where I want them to:-) But maybe thats just me.

Maybe I have have just been out for too long and need to adapt I guess, if I am the only one who feels that way.
Cheers for ya input anyways.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:20:27 pm by StuLLe »

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 09:44:15 pm »
+1
Maybe I have have just been out for too long and need to adapt I guess, if I am the only one who feels that way.
Cheers for ya input anyways.

Its not you, its the problem most archers are facing everyday.

Either you get enough archery WPF to be able to shoot straight but pay the price by getting outspammed by agi-melees and glance on str/armor-melees, or you get enough melee wpf/ps to be competitive in melee but cant in turn shoot straight with your bow. Combining decent ( not outstanding ) archery and melee abilities into one build is hardly possible without a high level char.

I dunno if you ever played archery, but as it is now you definetely need your prof there.

No, most people that complain about archery still havent tried it themselves. I dont know how long you were missing but I am sure that was not any different when you were around. Archery still rage class no. 1  :wink: