Author Topic: Make the crossbow take up 2 slots before its too late  (Read 5048 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Make the crossbow take up 2 slots before its too late
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 08:10:22 pm »
Ill only be happy once people will be left with the hunting xbow or light xbow for their free ranged weapon needs.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:55 pm »
Bad idea. Stop whining. You won already. Sniper and heavy take up two slots. Rejoice and STFU.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2011, 09:34:30 pm »
Bad idea. Stop whining. You won already. Sniper and heavy take up two slots. Rejoice and STFU.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Could not have said it better myself  :lol:

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2011, 10:32:28 pm »

Naah ill continue until u guys are left with a hunter xbow and light xbow for ranged / top notch melee option.

Crossbow is still to powerfull to be a no brainer weapon for u guys to enjoy boosting your kdr with... anything that adds to anything close to the ranged spamfest of pre-patch must be burned and put to the ground  :wink:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:35:04 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Trael

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Artle
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 12:46:30 am »
Naah ill continue until u guys are left with a hunter xbow and light xbow for ranged / top notch melee option.

Crossbow is still to powerfull to be a no brainer weapon for u guys to enjoy boosting your kdr with... anything that adds to anything close to the ranged spamfest of pre-patch must be burned and put to the ground  :wink:
So your accurally promoting bigger bolt stacks (to balance for lower damage, after all hunting/light crossbow killpotential is quite joke these days, not saying it would not be quite nicely balanced for overall gamingfun or so...) and higher projectile speed (at short range shotguneering projectilespeed wont matter at all, at those ranges no one is going to dodge anyways, but for while now slow flying bolts have been one of main reasons why dedicated crossbowery just isnt usable option.). After all anyone with even halfretarded skills can dodge 80%+ of bolts from medium to long range in normal conditions, its quite normal to see people start dodge as late as last ½ or 1/3 of projectile flight and still have plenty of time to dodge.

While on foot if crossbowuser hits me, its pure rare random luck or me simply not paying attention to surrounding.

And one thing im wondering... Why havent anyone told you that Sniper crossbow was not op before latest (slotadding) patch, infact it was one of worst crossbows :D main reason why i guess so many posters here are saying things like "you dont really seem to know what your talking about...", it had too slow reload, too long release delay to be usable and it was still quite rare to oneshot anyone with it, added to needing higher str that heavy crossbow that did mostly kill targets with same ammount of hits, while reloading faster and costing less to upkeep, atleast i as crossbowuser didnt think sniper as powergamer choise.

Well atleast crossbows are not easymode as melee with fast computer is. And i to have some challenge in playing so it wont feel all too easymode. But 1 slot crossbows are fine and good to have.

</slight trolling using proper information and analysis and some usefull suggestions> :wink:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:48:49 am by Trael »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 02:47:58 pm »
Its starting to spread how long before devs is gonna act??

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:58:27 pm by Tzar »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 02:21:27 am »
Bump.

Dont say i didnt told you so....  :lol:

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 05:58:31 am »
Best bows = 2 slots
Best xbows = 2 slots
low-mid bows = 1 slot
low-mid xbows = 1 slot

I fail to see the issue here.  If you're really going to bitch about the regular x-bow, which I've swapped BACK to on my hybrids instead of using heavy-xbows then why don't you just come play on the melee only server with us?  It's fun in here and clearly you simply just don't want any ranged at all.

BTW x-bows have to be sidearms dude, they're TERRIBAD dedicated weapons.

This bait and switch with the xbow/bow comparison is really really old. You want to use bow slots for a comparison, yet do not want the WPF requirements for practical use brought into line. Damage comparisons are used, etc, etc. But the fact remains that unless xbows require 125 WPF for the reticule to be smaller than 2 inches wide AND the random component of the cone of fire goes to the extent of that reticule just like bows do, we will continue to complain and dismiss these comparisons to archers who must dedicate their entire build to archery, cannot wear anything but light armor, and must compete against xbows that load just as quickly as bows do.  :!:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 06:35:01 am »
Why is Tzar even allowed to post? 

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 06:37:47 am »
Why is Tzar even allowed to post?

Just because i have a different opinion then you doesn't mean i shouldn't be able to talk about it its something we call democracy.

opinions are like ass holes everyone got one deal with it.

Rumblood i couldn't agree more that's another fine example of why xbow needs skill investment.  :wink:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:39:02 am by Tzar »

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 07:51:35 am »
realism realism realism realism realism realism ALL DAY LONG!

It is possible to carry a 2H, crossbow, and bolts. It is possible to carry a sword, shield, crossbow, and bolts.

IF IT IS POSSIBLE IN REALITY, THEN YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR COMPLAINT TO THE UNIVERSE.

Hey, guess what... crossbows were great BECAUSE they could be used as a sidearm. Ever heard of italian mercenary companies?

If you think they are "unfair" then ask for an increase in gold price, but don't change the nature of the frekin weapon, otherwise why have them act a certain way in the first place?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 08:10:56 am »
realism realism realism realism realism realism ALL DAY LONG!

It is possible to carry a 2H, crossbow, and bolts. It is possible to carry a sword, shield, crossbow, and bolts.

IF IT IS POSSIBLE IN REALITY, THEN YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR COMPLAINT TO THE UNIVERSE.

Hey, guess what... crossbows were great BECAUSE they could be used as a sidearm. Ever heard of italian mercenary companies?

If you think they are "unfair" then ask for an increase in gold price, but don't change the nature of the frekin weapon, otherwise why have them act a certain way in the first place?

:arrow: http://www.themcs.org/
Go join a medieval reenactment group or some shit instead of trying to argument with realism this is a game with samurai's and ninjas Vikings and European knights... i think all sorta of realism debates towards cRPG is long dead...

This is a suggestion/balance forum and a place to fix what's wrong and out of place.

Clearly if your only argument is that it was realistic then plz... i cant take you serious since this is a game and is meant to be fun you gotta come up with something better....

PS. clearly having the only investment being gold for them to be used aint really working now is it??
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:13:27 am by Tzar »

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 08:17:50 am »
Realism does not mean historical accuratism. A sword slash cannot get through plate armor, but it is possible for a guy in samurai armor to fight a guy in European knight armor.

The Beta will never go live, sorry. It will always be a mod of a neat, but unpopular game.

For me, and others realism is fun. There is no criteria other than realism.

Why not make crossbows a melee weapon? Why not? "Balance" can mean literally ANYTHING.

First you make the weapons function realistically, and THEN you make their access limited for fairness reasons. This means gold cost in the crpg context. Increase/decrease as necessary or alter the out of combat char item use system.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:19:41 am by ArchonAlarion »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 08:24:44 am »
xbows cost any skill points? Bows need like 7pd to deal crazy damg like your xbow
do you even need wpf to use it at all? bows need like 100wpf+ to even get ok aim... your xbow has better aim at 0wpf then my long bow at 126wpf....

its is op because anyone can pick it up and 1 shot people... Great range weapon for no trade off...

ArchonAlarion unless you cant agree that its unfair you/me anyone get this advantage from picking up a xbow with 0 skill investment

Then i wont even try and reason with you.  :|

plz dont mention the cost/upkeep of the xbow every1 else also pays upkeep so does the archer and the thrower...

Either way its not like the normal xbow cost a fortune its 510 gold or something if if.... the random upkeep system even picks your xbow

2 slot xbow is fixing the problem with a slegdehammer but atleast make it take some wpf investment.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:26:03 am by Tzar »

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 08:40:36 am »
Just because i have a different opinion then you doesn't mean i shouldn't be able to talk about it its something we call democracy.

A democracy....Wow...It's strange that people seem to ignore your opinions even though you're clearly such a smart individual. 

Yeah, you have an opinion.  You posted a thread on your opinion.  A normal person would have stopped there.  But then you make yet another thread, on the exact same thing, and that's when it becomes spam.  Not to mention all of your incoherent ramblings about this same crap cluttering up every other thread whether it's on topic or not.  WE GET IT.  You're a 2h spammer and ranged weapons upset you and all of them should be made as worthless as throwing.  You've stated your opinion a thousand times.  Now stfu about it.