Author Topic: Make the crossbow take up 2 slots before its too late  (Read 4906 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Make the crossbow take up 2 slots before its too late
« on: May 01, 2011, 02:16:54 am »
Dear all mighty donkey god keeper of thy holy mod.

Make the crossbow take up 2 slots before its too late and people switch from thy op sniper to thy regular xbow and thus continue thy great ranged spam plauge.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Ichi_Uiabuu

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Make the crossbow take up 2 slots before its too late
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:30:27 am »
I don't think this will ever happen; crossbow is 1 slot specifically so that people can equip 1h weapon + shield + crossbow + bolts, if xbow was two slots, you couldn't do that. 

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:50:45 pm »
For godsakes, leave the xbows alone!! Post patch, we have less bolts, less damage, it rains all the damn time, and at least with my hvy 2 slot xbow, I can hardly defend myself.  Move along, this horse is dead, quit kicking it...
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:56:10 pm »
Dear God, give me thy sword of lightning so I can onehit all the people I hate!
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:25:49 pm »
Yes, goddamnit, they even increased the rain!

OH chadz WHY, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN XBOWS!?
Monkeys!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:26:57 pm »
No, just no.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 10:31:04 pm »

Make the crossbow take up 2 slots before its too late and people switch from thy op sniper to thy regular xbow and thus continue thy great ranged spam plauge.

Dont you ever get tired of crying about whatever kills you? I mean i dont think i have seen anyone whine as much on the forums with as little knowledge as you do on the subject. Its rather sad to watch by now :)

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 10:44:03 pm »
Whatever stops making the xbow a side arm. Yes please.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:35:27 pm »
The best range weapons in every other class use multiple slots, so should the xbows.

They don't require an additional skill, it will make hyrbids flock towards the xbow because of the this and that it only uses up 1 slot.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 11:40:12 pm »
The best range weapons in every other class use multiple slots, so should the xbows.

They don't require an additional skill, it will make hyrbids flock towards the xbow because of the this and that it only uses up 1 slot.

Yes...and the best xbows take two slots already, your point?
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 12:08:51 am »

No thanks.
I use the regular xbow with 1-30 wpf and I know it can be accurate when used properly,
but it has quite limited range (you have to fire one shot to judge the distance and lob the next bolt).

Also the regular xbow upkeep is now 523   :|
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:15:33 am by chaosegg »
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 01:10:11 am »
Best bows = 2 slots
Best xbows = 2 slots
low-mid bows = 1 slot
low-mid xbows = 1 slot

I fail to see the issue here.  If you're really going to bitch about the regular x-bow, which I've swapped BACK to on my hybrids instead of using heavy-xbows then why don't you just come play on the melee only server with us?  It's fun in here and clearly you simply just don't want any ranged at all.

BTW x-bows have to be sidearms dude, they're TERRIBAD dedicated weapons.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 01:37:13 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sry guys i just dont see the fun in fuckin up the whole point of the patch just because you sobs wanna be able to pull out your gats and rain death upon thy enemy.....

Call me a bitchin betty w/e idc...  :wink:

Dont you ever get tired of crying about whatever kills you? I mean i dont think i have seen anyone whine as much on the forums with as little knowledge as you do on the subject. Its rather sad to watch by now :)

Care to explain to me what u mean by my little knowlegde?? Btw this is a beta the whole point of playing is also not just to have fun but to balance the game and improve it if u cant stand to watch threads about items and balance that you dont agree on your gonna have a hard time.... and what not why dont u just avoid suggestion and balance and general sections all together and be happy then  :?:wink:

70% of threads on this forum have something to do with changes and suggestions so its highly unlikely you will agree with all of it..

why don't you just come play on the melee only server with us?  It's fun in here and clearly you simply just don't want any ranged at all.

BTW x-bows have to be sidearms dude, they're TERRIBAD dedicated weapons.

I dont mind dedicated archers or throwers.

Xbow shouldnt be a sidearm dude neither is the bows..

If people wanna rain death from range switch your fuckin build or have and alt like some of us....

Btw regular xbow is fuckin awesome only 3 less acc and a bit less dmg but u get increased reload rate its fuckin braindead not to use it its rly common sense and that is why i think the weapons must be 2 slots.  :? sry i can offcourse understand the fun in being able to switch from the best melee to ranged when ever i plz but lets face it in the end its just gonna result in mass ranged like pre patch with the good old sniper xbow... and tbh i for one dont want that again...

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:37:52 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 02:07:16 am »
2 slotting powerful items I understand, but the crossbows were already balanced in the manner of power or speed.  Any crossbowman worth his salt would recognise which map dictated which crossbow.  It is spurious to say that an arbalest is superior to a crossbow.  It has more power certainly, but you are limited in the number of shots you are allowed before melee is joined.  Mathematically speaking, I believe a crossbow actually has a higher DPS than an Arbalest.  The Arbalest's power is all well and good, but will frequently 'overkill' targets.

My gravest annoyance is that I can no longer play a crossbowman in a historical manner.  A pavise, bolts, one hand, crossbow of choice.

I'd remove 2 slot crossbows entirely, I'd also remove 2 slot board shields.  They suck in combat anyway, I don't see why I shouldn't have some historical protection from archers.  15 Bolts simply isn't enough either.  Particularly in Siege.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:09:17 am by MadJackMcMad »
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 02:12:47 am »
I feel your pain from so called dedicated xbow men even tho i doubt they existed pre-patch.  :lol:

I think i might have seen 3 or maybe 5 dedicated xbow users in all my time in c-RPG the rest have been rambo´s  including myself btw..

So far after patch i only seen very few!!! people with sniper xbows. i presume thats the dedicated ones  :|

But until they somehow make xbow take power draw or something.. its rather fuckin cheap to use a powerfull ranged weapon along with your best melee option..  :?

If i wanted i could give a feck and use it myself but i just dont find the whole waiting 3 min to comeout of cover til people have unloaded their arsenal battles very fun...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:19:09 am by Tzar »