Author Topic: ridiculous 1h cav  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: ridiculous 1h cav
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 12:58:22 pm »
+1
Considering all the friendly bumps going around, I'd say they're not op at all. In an 1vs1 scenario anyone with a big melee weapon has the advantage on cav, unlike my archer underdog, but that's meant to be.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 01:13:07 pm »
Meh, I recently turned my stf into a 1h cav.... and that shit is just hard :(    I can hardly get any kills with it.
Maybe that's because you hardly have any cav experience whatsoever and you probably just suck :D. I made a 1h cav stf too and it feels ezimode.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 01:46:07 pm »
I'm curious how many people think they get killed by 1h cav when they get killed by a bastard/longsword cav instead.

Had a couple of guys asking me what 1h I was using back when I used the longsword and shield on horse.

Longsword with shield on horse IS 1handed cav....

Anyway, dmg is too much on 1handed cav: I once teamkilled Tommy, he was on full hp, full lordly set (brigandine, guard helmet, gauntlets), I had 5 PS, on a steppe at medium speed, he was running away from me, so hardly any speed bonus: 1 hit him, teamkill, so HALF dmg...from sideswing of long espada...
I don't know enough

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 04:36:11 pm »
Longsword with shield on horse IS 1handed cav....

Anyway, dmg is too much on 1handed cav: I once teamkilled Tommy, he was on full hp, full lordly set (brigandine, guard helmet, gauntlets), I had 5 PS, on a steppe at medium speed, he was running away from me, so hardly any speed bonus: 1 hit him, teamkill, so HALF dmg...from sideswing of long espada...
I guess you could argue that, although my point remains as it's still the same animations when you don't have a shield equipped.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 04:43:59 pm »
+3
1h cav is not that powerful compared to lance cav...cavalry in general is just a potent class if played with skill.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 02:36:17 pm »
1h cav is not that powerful compared to lance cav...cavalry in general is just a potent class if played with skill.

But lance cavalry gets dominated by sword cavalry on horse.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 02:38:32 pm »

1H cav has a massive damage output. It says enough when I ride full speed towards a peasant in shirt, couch him and then bump him with my champ horse right after and he gets back up again. Have also bounced on tunic over mail and kuyaks with high speed couches these last two days. Ridiculous :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 02:47:53 pm »
I guess you could argue that, although my point remains as it's still the same animations when you don't have a shield equipped.

and that is factor that balance 2h cav, and 2h cav have  much much slower animation on horesback

and have no force "wtf" field

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 02:48:56 pm »
sooo 2h cav op?
Turtles

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 03:02:15 pm »
+2
But lance cavalry gets dominated by sword cavalry on horse.

Have you ever played 1h cav?  I have...and the one enemy I almost always avoid is lance cav.

If 1h cav has a weakness besides pikes, its lance cav.  The short weapon does not lend itself well to mobile cav vs cav fights.  Unless the 1h cav is really good at positioning and can stop/trap the lance cav to stay still...Lance has the advantage.  1h is great for bump+Slash, but weak on anti-cav.

I can see how a 1h cav would be good at killing peasants, cuz of the higher slash damage.  But on most enemies the lance will be doing more damage.  Maybe the speed modifier affects them differently though.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 03:04:34 pm »
+3
A good lancer with good manuever will win against a 1h cav.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 03:07:25 pm »
and that is factor that balance 2h cav, and 2h cav have  much much slower animation on horesback

and have no force "wtf" field
When have I talked about balance? I was just mentioning how some people confuse 2h cav with 1h cav because of the same animations.

Oh, and you still have the force "wtf" field without a shield. Seems that all blocks have a much bigger impact area when you are mounted.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 03:08:24 pm »
+1
morningstar?

The damage isn't too outrageous compared to lancers, the part that is tho is the bump/swing move, where they can run directly over you and basically swing through their horse to hit you under it while you are stunned from collision and can't block.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 03:34:00 pm »
Have you ever played 1h cav?  I have...and the one enemy I almost always avoid is lance cav.

If 1h cav has a weakness besides pikes, its lance cav.  The short weapon does not lend itself well to mobile cav vs cav fights.  Unless the 1h cav is really good at positioning and can stop/trap the lance cav to stay still...Lance has the advantage.  1h is great for bump+Slash, but weak on anti-cav.

I can see how a 1h cav would be good at killing peasants, cuz of the higher slash damage.  But on most enemies the lance will be doing more damage.  Maybe the speed modifier affects them differently though.

And unfortunately I say that once again people are bad in cRPG  :rolleyes:

Ronin, maybe in native but not with cRPG lance angle nerf
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 03:40:18 pm »
1h cav in my opinion is the hardest cav to play.  I hate cav in general, although I will admit it was fun to play 1h cav for a gen.  I heard that they nerfed Cav in EU and plan on moving it to NA.  Which seems kinda silly to me, although it is something that cannot be avoided I guess.

As of now, I think the only thing that is unbalanced is a select few underpowered Polearms.  I also think some 1h weapons need to be messed with to create more variety with 1h weapons.

Other then that.  I think things are fair.  (Archers arrows speed is too sluggish in my opinion, although I NEVER play archer so I wouldn't know)

PS: I am currently a 1h infantry build