Author Topic: ridiculous 1h cav  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: ridiculous 1h cav
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 03:56:30 pm »
+1
And unfortunately I say that once again people are bad in cRPG  :rolleyes:

Ronin, maybe in native but not with cRPG lance angle nerf
Hmm I'm not really sure. GK_Lars is giving me very hard time with his arabian warhorse. İmpossible for me to trap him, unless he makes a mistake. But in general yes, 1h cav have the edge against lancers around 5-6-7 riding, but not at high levels of riding. After all that's my observation so far. Riding also makes lancers more fast, therefore more deadly and manueverable.

On a related note: heavy lance difficulty - 11, cav swords difficulties - 13
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 04:14:51 pm »
Hmm I'm not really sure. GK_Lars is giving me very hard time with his arabian warhorse. İmpossible for me to trap him, unless he makes a mistake. But in general yes, 1h cav have the edge against lancers around 5-6-7 riding, but not at high levels of riding. After all that's my observation so far. Riding also makes lancers more fast, therefore more deadly and manueverable.

On a related note: heavy lance difficulty - 11, cav swords difficulties - 13

I don't mean extreme cases, there's no real point in getting more than 7 riding.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 04:16:30 pm »
It says enough when I ride full speed towards a peasant in shirt, couch him and then bump him with my champ horse right after and he gets back up again.
That's funny, 'cause my 12/27 char with 22 body armor mostly doesn't even get up again when you miss the couch and then just bump him...  :| The only way I can survive a couch of any lance is by jumping in the direction the cav is riding, with my 9 ath taking away most of your speed bonus, and then pray the bump doesn't hit me.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 04:20:25 pm »
I don't mean extreme cases, there's no real point in getting more than 7 riding.
Actaully there is a point of getting more than 7. Riding is the most important skill for a cavalry, more than power strike. Besides there are people who are above lvl 30 at the moment. This is an extreme case at this moment, because people didn't discover this sweet spot yet.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 04:36:09 pm »
morningstar?

The damage isn't too outrageous compared to lancers, the part that is tho is the bump/swing move, where they can run directly over you and basically swing through their horse to hit you under it while you are stunned from collision and can't block.

Yeah, the morningstar seems to align perfectly with the victim's head as he is bumped to the ground.  A lot of the longer horseback weapons can do this if timed right.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 04:55:34 pm »
+2
Most 1h have far better reach than the morningstar, you can fuck your timing up and still hit people with ACS, this is far less true of a morningstar which requires fairly well times swings.  I prefer to avoid bumping people (except teammates) whenever possible.

With regards to killing horses, lancers have couch, which 2h cav can do literally nothing about.  If you do get blocked by 2h cav their is still no certainty of them killing your horse, a small amount of blocking and turning will easily save its life.
Turtles

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 05:14:16 pm »
Most 1h have far better reach than the morningstar, you can fuck your timing up and still hit people with ACS, this is far less true of a morningstar which requires fairly well times swings.  I prefer to avoid bumping people (except teammates) whenever possible.
Because most 1h have 38 pierce damage at +0? Oh, right, they are swords. Which means:
Most All 1h have far worse reach than the longsword.

You shouldn't compare the morningstar one horse with the 1h swords, you should compare it with the 1h maces/picks/hammers. The best comparison is with the Military Hammer as they have pretty much the same reach. Both can be used with a shield, both fucks up armour and both looks badass. Take the morningstar if you want even more damage and a better weapon on the ground, take the hammer if you can sacrifice some damage for knockdown and better usefulness with shield when dismounted.

I often use the military hammer one horseback, and it's really good. Plays exactly the same as morningstar. True, swords are generally better, but the extra damage from the morningstar or hammer is really nice. Swords are generally better, (shortened military scythe is a beast, btw), but the shorter anti-armour weapons can still be and advantage as long as the rider knows what he is doing.

Nitpicking: "most" 1h aren't longer than the morningstar. There's a lot of short 1hs (all axes and maces, f.ex.), which pushes the average 1h reach to about 80 reach.

With regards to killing horses, lancers have couch, which 2h cav can do literally nothing about.  If you do get blocked by 2h cav their is still no certainty of them killing your horse, a small amount of blocking and turning will easily save its life.
Completely agree to this, though.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 05:27:47 pm »
Because most 1h have 38 pierce damage at +0? Oh, right, they are swords. Which means:
Most All 1h have far worse reach than the longsword.

You shouldn't compare the morningstar one horse with the 1h swords, you should compare it with the 1h maces/picks/hammers. The best comparison is with the Military Hammer as they have pretty much the same reach. Both can be used with a shield, both fucks up armour and both looks badass. Take the morningstar if you want even more damage and a better weapon on the ground, take the hammer if you can sacrifice some damage for knockdown and better usefulness with shield when dismounted.

I often use the military hammer one horseback, and it's really good. Plays exactly the same as morningstar. True, swords are generally better, but the extra damage from the morningstar or hammer is really nice. Swords are generally better, (shortened military scythe is a beast, btw), but the shorter anti-armour weapons can still be and advantage as long as the rider knows what he is doing.

Nitpicking: "most" 1h aren't longer than the morningstar. There's a lot of short 1hs (all axes and maces, f.ex.), which pushes the average 1h reach to about 80 reach.
Completely agree to this, though.

Im generalising, but pretty much all 1h cav use 1h.  The mornigstar fills a great nieche with respect to the fact it does good pierce damage, but bump slashing is far more efficient for longer weapons.

Please bear in mind the damage reduction with IIRC is around 30% for 2h weapons used on horseback, which means the MS is not quite the massive damage beast its stats imply.

The longsword does have 1 extra reach over the ACS which is nice, but when you take into account the speed/damage reduction it looses out significantly.

Also 1h cav get a shield which brings with it alot of benifits which 2h cav dont get, most notably the blocking radius

2h cav is far superior when dismounted, 1h cav is far better when on the horse.

(2h cav op)
Turtles

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 05:29:55 pm »
If you do get blocked by 2h cav their is still no certainty of them killing your horse, a small amount of blocking and turning will easily save its life.
I do not agree, blocking seems pretty useless in these situations because regardless of me blocking the swing or not, they hit the horse anyway as well, taking a shit ton of hp.

You can use a Shortened Military Scythe from horseback?  :shock:

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 05:36:27 pm »
+1
You can use a Shortened Military Scythe from horseback?  :shock:

This is what I use when I play 2h cav. Longest weapon available and 42 cut.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 05:42:07 pm »
like a rhodok, baby 8-)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 05:53:30 pm »
This is what I use when I play 2h cav. Longest weapon available and 42 cut.
Practice Longsword is the longest available.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 06:02:33 pm »
Blocking isn't gunna save the day, but it can save your life. Whenever I end up in a slow speed cav fight with 1h/2h cav I will always block.  If your horse is dieing in one hit stop using a girly light horse and get a proper horse, I use warhorse cos I'm smart.

In my very biased opinion 1h/2h cav need some way of fighting lancer cav else they would forever be screwed. Lance angle nerf made it far easier for 1h/2h cav, but the couching will still gives lancers an advantage over them as well as the reach of lances in a head on charge.
Turtles

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 07:14:19 pm »
nerff 1 h cav, god wills it!If you have any doubts, watch royanss playing.

Sorry Latviano but Lizardman is a lot better player than royanss when it comes to 1h cav, It`s been a long time since he played that class but goddamn , lizzy had a natural talent with that class, and keep in mind that he was playing with a destrier and not an arabian horse.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 07:24:40 pm »
+1
Im generalising, but pretty much all 1h cav use 1h.  The mornigstar fills a great nieche with respect to the fact it does good pierce damage, but bump slashing is far more efficient for longer weapons.
All 1h cav use 1h? Thanks captain obvious! :P

And look, I do know that longer weapons are the best for slash-cav, but I'm also saying that the longest swingable weapons are the 2h ones (ignoring HB/LHB). Longsword, shortened mil. scythe, etc. Just because you are using a short 2h on horse, doesn't mean that 2h can't have the longest weapons on horseback. To generalize it further: Most 1h used while riding are longer than the morningstar, but most 2h cav use bardiche or longsword, which are equal or longer than most 1h used while riding (I know bardiche is shorter than ACS, btw).

Also 1h cav get a shield which brings with it alot of benifits which 2h cav dont get, most notably the blocking radius
Most of the 2h used while riding can also be used with a shield for no further disadvantage. Longsword on horse is the same as longsword with shield is the same as longsword with shield on horse. Apart from the S.Mil.Scythe and the 2h axes, all 2hs that can be used on horse can be used with a shield, including the morningstar.

Blocking isn't gunna save the day, but it can save your life. Whenever I end up in a slow speed cav fight with 1h/2h cav I will always block.  If your horse is dieing in one hit stop using a girly light horse and get a proper horse, I use warhorse cos I'm smart.

In my very biased opinion 1h/2h cav need some way of fighting lancer cav else they would forever be screwed. Lance angle nerf made it far easier for 1h/2h cav, but the couching will still gives lancers an advantage over them as well as the reach of lances in a head on charge.
Girly horses for girly players :P Warhorse4lyfe!

Also, try getting the lancers to chase you, then rear the horse and slash their bodys open. Works like a charm and feels so good you gonna accidentally your whole keyboard.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia