Author Topic: Upkeep Test for chad with evidence, mathematic : that is not an opinion !  (Read 8743 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeep Test for chad with evidence, mathematic : that is not an opinion !
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2011, 03:13:19 am »
+1
About you not being able to change the outcome of battles - The income does NOT depend on server size, *hint* *hint*

basically if you are a good player the smaller the server the better, if you are bad or a peasant join a full server cause then at least you average out :D

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2011, 03:33:51 am »
+1
Today while using 25k worth of equipment I MADE an extra 20k. I then used that money to buy some tin can stuff that I always wanted. The OP may just be the unluckiest person on the planet, but so far I think the new system is a bit too generous.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2011, 03:39:47 am »
+1
Today while using 25k worth of equipment I MADE an extra 20k. I then used that money to buy some tin can stuff that I always wanted. The OP may just be the unluckiest person on the planet, but so far I think the new system is a bit too generous.

I think it's fine. If you want to be a tin can then be one. The change to retirement prevents tin-cans from having 300 WPF in 2 handers, which was the big problem.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2011, 03:42:42 am »
+1
I think it's fine. If you want to be a tin can then be one. The change to retirement prevents tin-cans from having 300 WPF in 2 handers, which was the big problem.

Never had any interest in being one. I just bought it 'cause I had way too much money laying around after the patch. I prefer my Heraldic Mail with Tabard for the look and speed. All I'm saying is I think you can get WAY too much money now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline indigocylinder

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2011, 04:26:51 am »
+1
Here's what I got.

Code: [Select]
import random

##Calculate mean multiplier, assuming even chance of win/loss
total = 0
value = 1
for i in range(1000000):
    if random.randint(0, 1) == True:
        value = min([value + 1, 5])
    else:
        value = 1
    total = total + value
mmulti = float(total)/1000000

##Calculate stable equipment value using:
##mean multiplier * base gold - chance break * repair cost * equipment = 0
equipment = (mmulti * 50) / (.04 * .05)

print mmulti, equipment

This returns:
mean multiplier ~= 1.94
stable equipment ~= 48500

In fact, actual values are probably higher than this, since if you win one round, then you have a better than 50 percent chance of winning the next.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2011, 06:33:38 am »
+1
About you not being able to change the outcome of battles - The income does NOT depend on server size, *hint* *hint*

Small servers are much better and might even help going positive in gold with 40-50k worth of equipment. Cannot agree more with that. Make more small servers please (or split up one into a few smaller servers).

Offline Stud_Muffin

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PleasantPheasantPeasant
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2011, 06:35:39 am »
+1
...What?

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2011, 07:12:38 am »
+1
...What?

I'll translate that post for you and comment my observation:

With a 50% win ratio you have an average round bonus of 1.94 which gives a sustainable maximum equipment of 48500gold. In a small server, you can influence the outcome alot more so you could go over 50% win ratio, which means round bonus will be over 1.94, let's say you get an average of 3 (which is very high but we're talking about really good players being concerned) you can get the sustainable equipment value up to 75.000 gold. But only on small servers, with 180 players you would need to have an absurd k/d ratio to really influence the outcome enough to get the gold needed to sustain high end equipment.

The reason i like small servers with 40-60 players is because tonight we had that number playing and it was alot more fun. I'm not at the tincan point yet but still knowing that i could heavily influence the outcome made me play better and i had more fun.

So as a suggestion i'd say, give us more small servers, and everything will be fine. I also find the suggestion to base the entry on character level interesting, but i would keep it more open than that, with only a lower limit on some servers (like a 20+ server and a 25+ server).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:15:24 am by Ganon »

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2011, 08:24:06 am »
+1
So just for the record, if I use equipment which is worth less than 50.000 I will probably be able to make money?

Heraldic Transitional       19419
Nordic Champions Sword  7842
Sugarloaf Helmet              7930
Knightly Heater Shield      4328
Gauntlets                          8534
Mailboots                          3119
which makes:                51172

I used this equipment for several rounds today (an hour or two), just to face the fact that I loose money. I started with 17 k, and with some ups and downs I ended at 15something k

Also I got some questions, are heirloomed items more expensive in upkeep?
Why do I have to pay upkeep for things I pick up on the battlefield?

If I would use a horse, I'd run out of money pretty fast. (I mean I could go naked and without a weapon with a charger or something -_-)

So is this equipment is so overpowered, that it has to be punished with a loss of money? And also I'd like to know how anyone should use a horse better than a destrier, without going almost naked? You could simply have deleted them horses if they we're so OP.

Still the patch is fun to play, but xbows are still annoying as hell (and in comparison pretty cheap). Archery is fine as it is (they really make a shitload of gold due to cheap equipment). Being an infantrymen is too expensive if you don't use very cheap items. Decent cavalry is not affordable.

Thanks for reading
Greets

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:26:22 am by Quirian »

Offline Kiriath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2011, 02:34:56 pm »
+1
So you post in a confusing manner on purpose to annoy people.  While posting trying to get people to agree with you.

Yes, you are clearly the pupper master and we are all dancing to your tune. That, or you are just a fucking idiot?

Let me point you in the direction of page 2 where I already came to this conclusion =D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2011, 02:56:51 pm »
+2
Vicious, FFS stop randomly putting retarded shitload of spaces in your posts !

And something you should have understood ages ago :

Skill is NOT how many points you have on your char page ! It's how YOU, as a player, perform in the game, not depending on your char or your equipment !

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2011, 03:05:47 pm »
+1
I agree with Kafein.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:07:22 pm by Razzer »

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2011, 08:31:06 pm »
+1
So just for the record, if I use equipment which is worth less than 50.000 I will probably be able to make money?

Heraldic Transitional       19419
Nordic Champions Sword  7842
Sugarloaf Helmet              7930
Knightly Heater Shield      4328
Gauntlets                          8534
Mailboots                          3119
which makes:                51172

I used this equipment for several rounds today (an hour or two), just to face the fact that I loose money. I started with 17 k, and with some ups and downs I ended at 15something k

Also I got some questions, are heirloomed items more expensive in upkeep?
Why do I have to pay upkeep for things I pick up on the battlefield?

If I would use a horse, I'd run out of money pretty fast. (I mean I could go naked and without a weapon with a charger or something -_-)

So is this equipment is so overpowered, that it has to be punished with a loss of money? And also I'd like to know how anyone should use a horse better than a destrier, without going almost naked? You could simply have deleted them horses if they we're so OP.

Still the patch is fun to play, but xbows are still annoying as hell (and in comparison pretty cheap). Archery is fine as it is (they really make a shitload of gold due to cheap equipment). Being an infantrymen is too expensive if you don't use very cheap items. Decent cavalry is not affordable.

Thanks for reading
Greets

No, if you use 50k of equipment and win 50% of the time, you will be even, or to be more precise, you will slowly lose gold since you can afford 48500 max, but that's on the very long run. Last i heard heirloomed weapons are valued very high and people aren't using them because of the additional upkeep costs. If you want to make money with 50k equipment you need to win more than 50% of your rounds.