Author Topic: ArmA III  (Read 15846 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2690
  • Infamy: 2223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
Re: ArmA III
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2014, 07:13:57 pm »
Grey market keys?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1816
  • Infamy: 1928
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2014, 08:13:58 pm »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2014, 10:21:59 am »
In other news, I decided to try this game out a bit today and I had quite a bit of fun.

Has anyone tried King of the Hill? It's pretty cool.

You spawn with basic shit and you gotta go to a location (most likely a town) and fight 2 other teams (3 way battle) over control of the town. The team with the most people in it have control of it. Every person you kill/the more time you spend in the zone you earn EXP/Money that you can use to spend on perks for your character or different weapons. Weapons/Perks have level requirements so they're a sense of progression which is cool.

I'm a fan.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2014, 10:26:34 am »
In other news, I decided to try this game out a bit today and I had quite a bit of fun.

Has anyone tried King of the Hill? It's pretty cool.

You spawn with basic shit and you gotta go to a location (most likely a town) and fight 2 other teams (3 way battle) over control of the town. The team with the most people in it have control of it. Every person you kill/the more time you spend in the zone you earn EXP/Money that you can use to spend on perks for your character or different weapons. Weapons/Perks have level requirements so they're a sense of progression which is cool.

I'm a fan.

How long does the game last?

I'd also recommend trying out Capture the Island - basically a domination type gameplay with bases you have to capture, you earn money for holding bases with which you can buy gear, vehicles, ...
Breaking Point is the Arma 3 DayZ mod basically, but it's actually better than the current DayZ standalone imo.
Invade & Annex is also a good dynamic PvE/coop mission.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2014, 10:42:18 am »
How long does the game last?

I'd also recommend trying out Capture the Island - basically a domination type gameplay with bases you have to capture, you earn money for holding bases with which you can buy gear, vehicles, ...
Breaking Point is the Arma 3 DayZ mod basically, but it's actually better than the current DayZ standalone imo.
Invade & Annex is also a good dynamic PvE/coop mission.

I think about 45min to 1 hour? Not 100% sure.

I've played Invade and Annex and it was kind of just a huge cluster fuck with no real coordination so I didn't really like it. King of the Hill has more small scale coordination (usually, you can lone wolf it if you desire) but if you stick in a small group you generally do better. I've also heard about this Gamemode that is streamed a lot on Twitch called Battle Royale which is apparently like Hunger Games with 30 people. Upon spawning everyone gets thrown out a plane in random spots and you gotta find weps/gear. As more people die the play area slowly gets smaller and smaller (to prevent camping and playing hide and go seek) until you're the last one left. I've not tried it yet but it sounds cool.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2014, 05:38:35 pm »
I think about 45min to 1 hour? Not 100% sure.

I've played Invade and Annex and it was kind of just a huge cluster fuck with no real coordination so I didn't really like it. King of the Hill has more small scale coordination (usually, you can lone wolf it if you desire) but if you stick in a small group you generally do better. I've also heard about this Gamemode that is streamed a lot on Twitch called Battle Royale which is apparently like Hunger Games with 30 people. Upon spawning everyone gets thrown out a plane in random spots and you gotta find weps/gear. As more people die the play area slowly gets smaller and smaller (to prevent camping and playing hide and go seek) until you're the last one left. I've not tried it yet but it sounds cool.

Made a video of my third game of 'Battle Royale' mod. Did better than I expected!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhaTvCsWw6Q

It's really good :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2014, 05:44:06 pm »
Tried King of the Hill for a bit, it's fun :) Gonna try Battle Royale next.
But damn Kavala city kills my PC, and that's on Sa-Matra server (King of the Hill mission), which are known to have good performance. Gonna have to drop the settings until I get a new pc.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2014, 07:55:20 pm »

New DLC out (all part of the DLC pack for 20$ including Carts and upcoming DLC), but what's important is the update that comes with it, that is free for everyone. In short:
- new heli flight model
- shooting from vehicles
- new mp gamemode

Overall, the addition of the two new helicopters and their skin variants will place a stronger emphasis on the role of logistics in Arma 3’s open-world combat. This idea is complemented by the upcoming Arma 3 platform update, which delivers a variety of free new playable content, alongside multiple game-changing features.

In terms of content, the Arma 3 platform update will ship the brand new Support multiplayer mode, where players will need to provide various types of helicopter support – such as troop transport and medevac – in Sector Control multiplayer scenarios. In addition, the update will include a set of ten VR Training helicopter stages, and five helicopter Time Trials, of which four will be exclusive to Helicopters DLC owners. A variety of new in-game objects, ranging from landing platforms to military decorations and more, will also be made available to Arma 3 content creators. Plus, Bohemia Interactive will add a related set of new Steam Achievements to the game.

With regards to the new features, the Arma 3 platform update comes with the optional RotorLib helicopter flight model, which is an upgraded version of the flight model used in Bohemia Interactive’s Take On Helicopters. Furthermore, the platform update will include the aforementioned new ability to sling load cargo, and last but certainly not least: the much-anticipated firing-from-vehicles feature. This functionality enables vehicle passengers to fire their weapon while seated.

Nowadays I'm playing King of the Hill (sa-matra) almost exclusively. You have a persistent character with levels, money, gear and perks and it kind of has that feel to Arma 3 that cRPG has to Warband.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2014, 08:05:39 pm »
sounds cool might have to give it a shot. Haven't really played for a while.
Turtles

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2014, 07:10:48 pm »
Nowadays I'm playing King of the Hill (sa-matra) almost exclusively. You have a persistent character with levels, money, gear and perks and it kind of has that feel to Arma 3 that cRPG has to Warband.

played koth too but my pc can't handle some situations , now i'm on MP mapping .
Want to recreate the Restrepo situation in Afghanistan from the documentary (here's a trailer of it
(click to show/hide)
) with multiple missions lots of triggers , dynamic events , minefields to defuse ,  using the old CLAfghan map from Arma 2 and with custom units from CAF Aggressors.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2014, 07:19:08 pm »
played koth too but my pc can't handle some situations , now i'm on MP mapping .
Want to recreate the Restrepo situation in Afghanistan from the documentary (here's a trailer of it
(click to show/hide)
) with multiple missions lots of triggers , dynamic events , minefields to defuse ,  using the old CLAfghan map from Arma 2 and with custom units from CAF Aggressors.

Yeah, KotH is usually filled with people in cities, it puts a lot of stress on your machine, even if it's good.

Offline Radament

• King
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2014, 04:03:59 am »
i'm going to try the breaking point mod hoping to be any good , i saw few features and sounds fun zombie aside.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2014, 08:38:15 am »
i'm going to try the breaking point mod hoping to be any good , i saw few features and sounds fun zombie aside.

It's not too bad, they have a bunch of cool weapons (not the stock futuristic ones) and some other cool stuff like classes, however I feel like Altis is too big for a gamemode like breaking point and other maps aren't as good.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:44:07 am by Vibe »

Offline Radament

• King
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2014, 01:25:35 pm »
It's not too bad, they have a bunch of cool weapons (not the stock futuristic ones) and some other cool stuff like classes, however I feel like Altis is too big for a gamemode like breaking point and other maps aren't as good.

i like the medicine system and the faction system , yes the map it's seems to be big but i saw a 83/100 server that should populate at least the most visited zones like military buildings , crash sites etc...

Btw aren't thay using a map called Thrisk or it depends on the server you connect to?