Author Topic: ArmA III  (Read 15830 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: ArmA III
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2014, 02:19:01 pm »
i like the medicine system and the faction system , yes the map it's seems to be big but i saw a 83/100 server that should populate at least the most visited zones like military buildings , crash sites etc...

Btw aren't thay using a map called Thrisk or it depends on the server you connect to?

Some servers have Altis, some have Thirsk, some have New Haven (IIRC that's their own map), some have Stratis.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2015, 12:17:20 pm »
+1
Some cool new shit coming to Arma 3:

Weapon deployment and bipods
Turning our attention to the 'platform updates', we're happy to officially confirm our work on 'Weapon Stabilization'. Previously, we've talked about this in more abstract terms, so - while we plan to offer more concrete details (and Dev-Branch progress!) over the next few months - let's dig into some specifics. We've approached this work in 2 ways: 'resting' and 'deployment'. Weapon Resting describes the 'passive' benefit of a player's weapon above a stable surface. Propped up on a low wall; leaning against the bonnet of a vehicle; lying prone, etc. Building upon that basis, Weapon Deployment describes an 'active' choice. Using attachments like bipods, players create a dynamic pivot point, around which their weapon is aimed and discharged, within an arc of fire.

3D editor
Building upon our experience with Zeus, prototyping has officially started on a 3D editor. While it's too early to dig into the specifics, our long-term goal is to - alongside other usability refinements - introduce useful elements of 3D placement and manipulation, while maintaining the relative quickness and simplicity of the existing 2D editor. We know that the editor is where many of our players spend most of their time. We've got to get it right. To this end, our current plan factors in an extended period of public alpha/beta testing. Backwards compatibility, too, is a priority. With the Mother and Father of Zeus driving this important development, we know our baby is in safe hands.

Other improvements like Server browser overhaul
Aside from these larger packages of work, there are some system improvements lined up, too. For example, we're taking aim at overhauling the server browser, in-game interactions and controls, and communications. Some of these changes are already leaking out the sides on Dev-Branch. Others may yet be postponed or even cancelled. The reality of making fundamental changes to core components is that it's a risk. Suffice to say, we know there's room to improve certain aspects of the game, some of which have been with us for 15 years now. Our drive to improve the experience of playing the game remains strong, as does, of course, our commitment to addressing existing issues, including the continued optimization of servers, network traffic, and multi-threading.

http://arma3.com/news/scanning-the-horizon-arma-3-in-2015#.VMInoHtGQch

http://arma3.com/news/scanning-the-horizon-arma-3-in-2015#.VMInoHtGQch

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2015, 12:22:17 pm »
Breaking point is fun
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2015, 12:45:49 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2015, 06:47:51 pm »
+1

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2015, 06:55:24 pm »
+3
Arma 3 is fucking amazing value for money. I'm still playing co-op missions now and then. And all the free improvements they've implemented way after release are really cool, biggest one being that you can shoot from copters/vehicles.

And no other game has sim-quality flying, parachuting, diving/using a mini-sub, driving tanks, flying drones... good shit. Especially for people who bought the pre-release version for like 15 euros.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2015, 08:43:40 am »

New Marksmen DLC, and with it the comes the free platform update for all Arma 3 owners that includes:
- improved audio for weapons
- weapon resting and deployment
- new recoil handling
- supression mechanics (vs AI)
- new multiplayer mode: End Game
- revive system, dynamic groups, shared objectives
- virtual garage

I tried it a bit yesterday and I really like the weapon resting and deployment. It changes the game quite some actually, makes shooting crouching and standing up more viable, rather than being prone all the time.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2015, 01:20:24 pm »
Anyone play the mod, breaking point? Pretty much all i play in arma 3 because I don't have a good group of guys to do scenarios and stuff with.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2015, 02:19:06 pm »
I heard a lot of good from Arma 3, is it like some kind of more elaborated sandbox-insurgency ? I seriously consider buying it.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2015, 02:28:19 pm »
I heard a lot of good from Arma 3, is it like some kind of more elaborated sandbox-insurgency ? I seriously consider buying it.

Something like that in short. Much more of a military sim than Insurgency, a lot more weapons, vehicles, missions, depth to combat and absolutely huge maps. Very sandboxy. And the best thing about it, modding and player made missions, which basically means you get a shitton of different games, from racing missions, a better DayZ and DayZ-like mods, persistent RPG mod, GTA-like mods and a bunch of other PvP, PvE or PvP/coop and more serious milsim mods and missions. There's a ton of content.

Few to mention:
- EUTW CTI (currently my fav), Capture the Island mod, where two teams of players are pitted against each other to capture multiple objectives from eachother, earning money for every player with which you can purchase new gear, items and vehicles
- King of the Hill, basically the same as EUTW CTI, except you fight for one objective only, but the money you earn is persistent (not only round based like in EUTW) and you also have experience, levels, perks and equipment that specialize your character (also persistent). Kind of like cRPG for Arma 3.
- Breaking Point, pretty much DayZ in Arma 3
- Wasteland, spawn naked with pistol, loot around the map for guns and other items, shoot other people, complete randomly spawned missions/objectives. DayZ-like, only faster paced and more emphasys on missions
- Invade&Annex, COOP, run around the map with your team to assault AI controlled points (AI can be deadly in this game)
- Battle Royale, get dropped from an airplane to an island with a bunch of other dudes, loot guns, be the last one surviving while the area of combat become smaller and smaller
- Altis Life, GTA-like mod, more of a roleplaying mod, you can play as a civilian, criminal or cop, all depends on your actions of course. You basically try to earn money, either legally (picking up fruit, mining, etc) or illegally (harvesting coca plants, refining into cocaine, selling cocaine, killing and robbing others etc), while the cops try to stop you (if illegal). And then you can buy stuff like houses, better cars, guns, etc with the money. Quite a lot of different stuff to do there, but the community can get toxic.

Few things that might put you off: game can feel clunky/is not as smooth, fast and responsive as more arcadey shooters (due to realism as well I guess), it has a slower pace and you need a monster PC to run it on higher settings.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:12:35 pm by Vibe »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2015, 02:49:27 pm »
i will have to reinstall and jump in again, would be good to get a cRPG squad together because i always found cooperative MP to be the best part of the ArmA series.
Turtles

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 10, 2015, 06:12:57 am »
+1
Few things that might put you off: game can feel clunky/is not as smooth, fast and responsive as more arcadey shooters (due to realism as well I guess)
It's not realistic though and it's something that annoys me greatly about "milsim" games. They go for super clunkiness and unresponsive controls for "realism" when it achieves the opposite. CoD has more realistic smooth movement than ArmA, for example. I don't know though, Arma 3 is much better in that regard than Arma 2, so not sure how much of it is on purpose and how much because of the engine.

It's a great game (but not perfect) and I recommend getting it, especially if you have even one friend who you can do co-op scenarios with.

My biggest gripe is their new(ish) stamina system, you get tired WAY too quickly. I liked it more before they implemented that. In my own missions I disable stamina. Also using a mod that lessens weapon sway by a great deal when moving.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2015, 10:54:58 pm »
New map leaked:
http://imgur.com/a/ZDrT4

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2015, 11:20:41 pm »
+1
Damn, that looks good. Meanwhile, in DayZ standalone, they've added a new hat.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2015, 11:58:46 pm »
New map leaked:
http://imgur.com/a/ZDrT4

Look at all of those luscious trees to kill my already low fps! Really wish Bohemia would spend a couple months optimizing the game the best they could like Planetside 2 did. I really enjoy Arma 3 but the FPS is a real bummer.