Author Topic: Paramerion is OP  (Read 6829 times)

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Paramerion is OP
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2013, 10:23:32 pm »
I'd just like to point out, that being a players for 2 years and some months, I've only just hit over 100k on a single char.
Upkeep IS important to take into account, you can't balance around those who have gold to throw away!

I suggest, rather radically, make it 2 slots. Yes, it's OP for its price etc. But if it were 2 slots, it couldn't be used by proper hoplites etc

This will probably get a shit tonne of down votes, but oh well ^^

My idea stems from 2h's. You want to be pure 2h? Sure, take a great sword. You want to be 2h with xbow or bow? You gotta take a slightly inferior 2h!

So you want to be pure 1h? Sure take a better 1h! You want a spear aswell? Can't have the best of both worlds! Sorry!

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2013, 10:44:32 pm »
I'd just like to point out, that being a players for 2 years and some months, I've only just hit over 100k on a single char.
Upkeep IS important to take into account, you can't balance around those who have gold to throw away!

I suggest, rather radically, make it 2 slots. Yes, it's OP for its price etc. But if it were 2 slots, it couldn't be used by proper hoplites etc

This will probably get a shit tonne of down votes, but oh well ^^

My idea stems from 2h's. You want to be pure 2h? Sure, take a great sword. You want to be 2h with xbow or bow? You gotta take a slightly inferior 2h!

So you want to be pure 1h? Sure take a better 1h! You want a spear aswell? Can't have the best of both worlds! Sorry!
2 slots? lol no. And are you telling me that you have played for 2 years and have only 100k to show for it? what the fuck

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2013, 10:52:59 pm »
2 slots? lol no. And are you telling me that you have played for 2 years and have only 100k to show for it? what the fuck

Yeah, I measure my fun in gold too -.-

I don't hoard, I give money out, I buy equip, resell it, buy it again a few weeks later etc etc
I play the game for fun, not for gold

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2013, 11:00:26 pm »
Yeah, I measure my fun in gold too -.-

I don't hoard, I give money out, I buy equip, resell it, buy it again a few weeks later etc etc
I play the game for fun, not for gold
since you only have 100k ill assume you are talking about normal weapons.....you buy normal weapons and then sell them back to buy them later? genius right here

i couldnt give a shit about gold, I give a shit about looms and what buys looms? gold

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2013, 11:03:12 pm »
+2
since you only have 100k ill assume you are talking about normal weapons.....you buy normal weapons and then sell them back to buy them later? genius right here

i couldnt give a shit about gold, I give a shit about looms and what buys looms? gold

Yeah normal weapons. I think "meh, I don't like this anymore" then I realise I do :D
I'm not playing an economy sim here lol

So you care about something other than the enjoyment of the game itself, I don't. Which was my point

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2013, 11:08:31 pm »
So you care about something other than the enjoyment of the game itself, I don't. Which was my point
Which is why upkeep and looms are horrible features, one rewards a guy who has played for a long time in something else than enjoyment, the other forces potential boredom in order to enjoy the game providing you prefer to use more expensive gear.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2013, 11:48:33 pm »
Yeah normal weapons. I think "meh, I don't like this anymore" then I realise I do :D
I'm not playing an economy sim here lol

I personally enjoy the economy...do what you want, but having 100k is your own fault not upkeeps

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2013, 02:22:55 am »
+2
LordRichrich, the not so rich, apparently.

Cost is indeed a useful balancing tool but outside of strategus, its usefulness is rather limited. Minor variance in cost really has no effect on item usage anyway.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2013, 08:53:53 pm »
I personally enjoy the economy...do what you want, but having 100k is your own fault not upkeeps

I never said it was upkeeps fault -.-
Just that gold is still an issue for people

And on another note, the game isn't primarily an economy sim, it's a melee sim. So the work should go into the fighting, not the economy. Just like ARMA, it's a modern combat sim, but you can drive cars in it. Doesn't mean they'll develop the game around that aspect.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2013, 09:10:49 pm »
I never said it was upkeeps fault -.-
Just that gold is still an issue for people

Devs have smartly added a feature for people like you; you can sell an heirloom point every now and then and never have to worry about gold. It takes what, like 80 hours per heirloom point, and selling that one heirloom point can fund any build except heavy cav for several gens.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2013, 12:38:19 am »
LordRichrich, the not so rich, apparently.

Cost is indeed a useful balancing tool but outside of strategus, its usefulness is rather limited. Minor variance in cost really has no effect on item usage anyway.
Especially with weapons.  :lol:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2013, 06:07:16 am »
+2
Devs have smartly added a feature for people like you; you can sell an heirloom point every now and then and never have to worry about gold. It takes what, like 80 hours per heirloom point, and selling that one heirloom point can fund any build except heavy cav for several gens.

Goddamn it, when did I say that I don't have ENOUGH gold? When did I say things were too expensive? All I mentioned was that upkeep does matter, because of the 30+ posts saying it DOESN'T. It wasn't a cry for help. And why would you even think that a player of 2.5 years + WOULDN'T know that?
I'm sorry for the reply, but it's 5am, and I get sick of how far some peoples heads are up their own arses on cRPG, and the internet in general, sometimes.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2013, 01:33:16 pm »
+1
Yes Upkeep matters, now comment on my suggestion you nabs.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D