Author Topic: Sports.  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Sports.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 12:42:52 pm »
I used to play badminton competitively some years ago. On the tip of my "career" I was 13th on the Finland's ranking for my age group. Then came in the family issues, move to another city with a shitty possibilities to play badminton anymore, and my loss of interest to that sport.
Nowdays I'm snowboarding and skiing the winters, and running during summers.

where does one snowboard and ski in finnland?  or do you come to the alps as well?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 01:12:43 pm »
where does one snowboard and ski in finnland?  or do you come to the alps as well?

Well, lack of snow if not a problem. We don't really have any good mountains. But a lot of hills big enough. And the further north you go the bigger mountains we will have. Nothing compared to the alps tho  :rolleyes:

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 01:21:46 pm »
+2
Hockey, football, skiing and doing some running and weight lifting. Half of it was gone once I discovered cRPG :(

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 01:15:35 am »
Hockey, football, skiing and doing some running and weight lifting. Half of it was gone once I discovered cRPG :(

I've been there mate, can be a little depressing once you lose some of it but you have to build it back  :)

mate,  you might wanna check out elitetrack.com
mike young,  the sights owner,  is a promovated biomachanic and coach,  charlie francis, vern gambetta and many more were on there back when i was active and I learnt a huge fucking bunch. 

Great advice, I've heard of Mike Young, but the others probably have something for me too. Would be great to try.  :D
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 06:36:52 am »
+1
Nice, I enjoyed track myself. I clocked a 1:39 in the 600m at 11 years old. I went to a shitty school though and had parents who couldn't give a shit so most of my running around that time was away from the cops. I played 2 man beach volleyball in my 20's and was pretty good. 6'2 180 lbs with no fat on me.  Then I met my wife, started having kids and put on 10 lbs of lard per year for the next 7 years  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 10:51:41 am »
Snowboarding is like my favorite thing ever.

I mean lolwhut sports?

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Zox_Fury

• Baron
  • Renown: 142
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • La illaha il'Allah
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zox_Fury
  • IRC nick: Zox_Fury
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2013, 11:02:12 am »
+1
Nice, I enjoyed track myself. I clocked a 1:39 in the 600m at 11 years old. I went to a shitty school though and had parents who couldn't give a shit so most of my running around that time was away from the cops. I played 2 man beach volleyball in my 20's and was pretty good. 6'2 180 lbs with no fat on me.  Then I met my wife, started having kids and put on 10 lbs of lard per year for the next 7 years  :lol:

So true and so sad as wife's conspiracy with the goal of fattened us work fine :-D

6'2 165 at 210 lbs :-D
Subhan'LLAH wa bihamdih

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 04:53:42 pm »
+1
So true and so sad as wife's conspiracy with the goal of fattened us work fine :-D

6'2 165 at 210 lbs :-D

Haha, such the struggle. After getting up to 250, I decided it was WAY too much, dieted down to 220, back up to 240, back down to 215, up again to 230, down to 195, back up to 210, then 215, then 220. Fuck that woman makes too much food! The problem is we still have kids and our #1 rule as parents is that we must cook dinner every night so that we eat together as a family after school and work all day. So.....even if I'm not hungry and could skip a meal, I don't.  :mad: Only 2 more years until the youngest goes off to college now though! Oh the dreams of a healthy pantry dancing our heads once they are all gone  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 11:59:01 pm »
+1

I feel you :) Never ran from the cops except maybe once... but I've had to run from my share of crimes hehe. Still have a lot more to make, but now I live in a town of 400 so I don't make that trouble.

All of you guys are shying away from getting married D: Maybe I'll have time to keep the lard off around then, I sure hope.

Another meet tomorrow, wish me luck :D Maybe I'll bring home another silver, or maybe even a gold  :mrgreen:
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 08:55:31 am »
get a hot gf that kicks you in the balls every time you skip a workout,  works wonders
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!