Author Topic: Strat killed it?  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Strat killed it?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 05:20:19 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Everything about this. Strategus is a nice idea but is pretty aweful for the community, unfortunately, though I do appreciate that the devs try their best with it.

I miss the tournies, and I miss helping organize and helping things like the Multi-Clan Tournie which was amazingballs. We need more things like that with no Strategus, and I hope in the future (maybe with other projects) we can focus more on events that are clean and clearly defined with public rewards.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 07:28:11 pm »
+2
chadz press the respec button and make an integrated clan tournement system.   8-)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 07:42:42 pm »
+1
I remember a thriving clan battle scene in spring to summer 2011, there was a clan league and regular Fallen tournaments and also a ton of clan battles on the side. There were at least a dozen clans that could field a strong 10 men team at any given date. Then Strategus came back from a long pause and clan battles got cancelled due to strat battles. Some clans even specifically attacked during events and the entire clan battle scene quickly died. Strat was not a proper replacement and got in the way.

The clan battle scene has been dead ever since, and now we do not have the player numbers to really get it going again, although attempts to do so are much appreciated. With dwindling player numbers the number of active clans reduces, and being in a clan that rarely even has two people in a teamspeak, does not have much worth. So it is only natural that new players gravitate to one of the big existing clans.

I had rather wished Strat to have never returned as it never became as fun as I hoped it would. The clan battle scene was full of good sportsmanship and respect. Strat turned clan interaction into gloating, bitching and accusing them of stuff.

QFT. Wipe Strat, freeze it, lock it in a box and throw away the key.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 07:48:38 pm »
+1
Summer? What is this fabled thing?

Remember cRPG only does winter hence the December 2010

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 07:56:19 pm »
+1
I totally agree with this. I may even start my own clan, to try and dilute the Fallen!

WHO'S WITH ME LADS!?!?!?!?

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 08:13:18 pm »
I totally agree with this. I may even start my own clan, to try and dilute the Fallen!

WHO'S WITH ME LADS!?!?!?!?

Theres a new clan today called the TBT, after watching them in EU1, well watch em and find out.....

Their tactic was hiding and dying xD

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 08:42:11 pm »
Luckily the Devs realised  some of their previous mistakes, as we all know that in M BG tourneys will be officially supported and the "Strat"  part will be totally separate from the main game.

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 08:47:03 pm »
Theres a new clan today called the TBT, after watching them in EU1, well watch em and find out.....

Their tactic was hiding and dying xD

We should be encouraging them!

Same with the 'Huscarls', I recognize Declantes but they came from nowhere!

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Event Manager
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 08:51:26 pm »
+1
I remember a thriving clan battle scene in spring to summer 2011, there was a clan league and regular Fallen tournaments and also a ton of clan battles on the side. There were at least a dozen clans that could field a strong 10 men team at any given date. Then Strategus came back from a long pause and clan battles got cancelled due to strat battles. Some clans even specifically attacked during events and the entire clan battle scene quickly died. Strat was not a proper replacement and got in the way.
Everything about this. Strategus is a nice idea but is pretty aweful for the community, unfortunately, though I do appreciate that the devs try their best with it.
I miss the tournies, and I miss helping organize and helping things like the Multi-Clan Tournie which was amazingballs. We need more things like that with no Strategus, and I hope in the future (maybe with other projects) we can focus more on events that are clean and clearly defined with public rewards.

well, i can't agree to 100%...

you are right about some facts, but there were 2 events in the past:
- jousting tournament
- 1h(?) duel tournament

now we have 2 things going atm:
- crpg clan league
- Tuetens Tournament

> i feel like there are to less guys who really want that stuff!

i can only speak about my own tournament:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/events/tuetens-tournament!/
i have right now 9 teams who signed up so far...thats not bad > but i expected a bit more (and i guess also some teams will not show up or disband before)

and i dont think the reasons for "less" participates are:
- entry fee > only 10k per player
- promotion > we/i invested a lot of effort in it (remember the video)

im not sure about the reason...i personal feel like the community is not intrested in "fun" and "roleplay" anymore...in my opinion you shouldnt take part in tournaments like that or the jousting tournament because you want to win in the first plan...in my opinion its more about fun in the first place and only the second reason should be the "jurassic cock"...
i just got told by many guys > they didnt notice it, because they dont look into the event section and they didnt even saw my spam of the video in nearly each faction hall

so what else can you do if you want to organise something? > nothing atm > and that piss me off!

i would welcome for all official events/tournaments, which look well organised an announcement on your c-rpg.net like a large banner on the top and maybe some "server.message" if you join a server
(13.5 ranged tournament! 16.6 multi-clan-battle...check out the forum)...
that would remember/force more guys to have look into the forum and maybe doing something else than joining on of the "big 3", "killing bots" or "farming xp in strat"...
i have already some other ideas for new tournaments > but atm im not sure if it is worth to spend/invest time, money and effort of myself into organising it

im also disapointed of no NA-team showed up for my tournament so far > i know > shitty ping, shitty time and you dont know anyone of the other teams...
but serious > its for fun and roleplay and evryone can spare 10k i guess...

so for me the problem is not strat or the decreasing community...
for me its the laziness of people and the missing support in the way of "announcemts" for events like that...

amen!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:03:22 pm by Tuetensuppe »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 08:52:59 pm »
For me, strat was only fun back in 2010 :(

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 08:58:16 pm »
For me, strat was only fun back in 2010 :(
A boring year you had  :cry:

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 09:15:49 pm »
I tried Strat this round for the first time and simply found that it wasn't my cup of tea. A set time and/or day for battles/events is fine, but I can't be assed to stay up late or get up early for a video game battle.
The main "bleed over" effect that I have found to be most detrimental to c-RPG is the balancing that has taken place with Strategus in mind. I much prefer the Wild West of nearly everything goes of a yesteryear than this "locked down" mode that has evolved as a result. Strategus seems to have so many fundamental macro-level issues that it seems a bit absurd to have all the micro-level changes that, in all honesty, have leeched some of the fun out of c-rpg battles.
I'm not out to have Strategus 86'd, especially with all the work put into it, but I would certainly prefer that balancing is done with c-RPG in mind instead of Strategus. Yes, I'm talking about reverting a number of changes to the mod.
Development is focused now on the new project. Strategus will simply never be what was hoped for, not without a bunch of work that is better pushed into the new project.
So kill Strat? No. Put the emphasis on c-RPG and let the cards fall where they may in Strat as a result? Yes.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 09:38:26 pm »
+2
Strat is simply too big, heavy and serious. It eats away the life of the leaders.

Should be much faster, simpler, and last for a month or max two.

Take Risk. It's very simple, yet have all the drama we would ever need, and facilitates all the battles we would ever need.. Why make it harder?

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:35 pm »
It eats away the life of the leaders.

The other half goes to sleeping, eating and sitting on the toilet

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 11:20:47 pm »
+10

The clan battle scene has been dead ever since, and now we do not have the player numbers to really get it going again, although attempts to do so are much appreciated. With dwindling player numbers the number of active clans reduces, and being in a clan that rarely even has two people in a teamspeak, does not have much worth. So it is only natural that new players gravitate to one of the big existing clans.

I had rather wished Strat to have never returned as it never became as fun as I hoped it would. The clan battle scene was full of good sportsmanship and respect. Strat turned clan interaction into gloating, bitching and accusing them of stuff.

Clan tournaments are some of the best if not the best memories I have from playing cRPG, especially a couple of the Fallen Tournaments in the era you mention were truly good fun.

WHO WAS THE STREAKER?

More old pictures from a Fallen Tournament:

(click to show/hide)

Ah ye' simple old times.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!