Author Topic: Dear chadz and the Item Team  (Read 15078 times)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: Dear chadz and the Item Team
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2013, 04:44:44 pm »
I think "mod is ded" is a pretty good summary.

However, contrary to the 100 times it's been said before - NOW FOR REAL!

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2013, 04:54:43 pm »
+1
Get yourself together, fool!
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2013, 05:01:54 pm »
+1
most people lose interest sooner or later (actually, nearly all lose interest after 2 days, and those that make it past 2 weeks are usually staying for good)

Your demonstration is that a low % of those you gave a chance in the past actually stays for good and become an asset to your dedicated team. I'm sure it is the truth, everyone is always very enthusiast when they "begin".

But you seem to conclude from that point that you have everyone you could possibly have on board. It is not true ! For me it means that you need to keep giving people the chance they ask for, without asking nicely if you dont want to, and keep praying for the 1 or 2 guys that will come out of the pile.

Why not keep doing what you did to have those that are at your side now ?  :)

Dont close the gate between the community and the dev team when it is unnecessary and unproductive for all sides!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:05:00 pm by Butan »

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2013, 05:04:16 pm »
+6
I think "mod is ded" is a pretty good summary.

However, contrary to the 100 times it's been said before - NOW FOR REAL!

Even chadz desever -1 sometimes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2013, 05:10:26 pm »
Nerf ranged - mod no longer dead. Easy

People play this because its got good melee mechanics. Ranged take advantage of that with their parasitic gameplay, and the core playerbase get sick of it and play something else
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2013, 05:17:43 pm »

People play this because its got good melee mechanics. Ranged take advantage of that with their parasitic gameplay, and the core playerbase get sick of it and play something else
ppl start converting an thread about adding models into ranged QQ thread > mod is once again alive and kicking  :mrgreen:
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2013, 05:38:16 pm »
+4
It shows how retarded people are. After some time they actually started to believe the lobbyist bullshit they were writing.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2013, 05:46:37 pm »
It shows how retarded people are. After some time they actually started to believe the lobbyist bullshit they were writing.
well... kkids watching to many movies and playing to many video games ... oh wait  :oops:
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2013, 05:55:11 pm »
+1
@chadz
the asking nicely part was with the overall neagtivy in mind which was put on Guika through his development of the strat viewer. He told me once would like to be part of the dev team and it was offered before but he wasnt contacted.  Then again as you said appriciation is not something what comes in lightly in this environment. I try to give it as a clan leader, so that people keep on doing what is needed but not liked, the same i would expect from anyone who tries to lead a team of coders, i learned it and now i do it without much thinking, so can you.

@Paul
if lobbying leads to engagement and that then to implementations, then lobbying aint that bad. If it is only to scratch once ego then it is a waist of time.

overall i said what i had to say.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2013, 06:05:11 pm »
+1
Hmm...

Mhmm...

Those topics are from the end of 2011. We have 2013 now. More than a complete year has passed since. It's not like people who were capable of coding but not willing to do so would change their mind because we need them now only due to those topics still existing... yet another recruiting round would do no harm, I think.

and I do know the topics, in the upper one I have even written the first reply.  :P

Another nerf doesn't help anything Grumbs. Haven't you learned from all the previous nerfs? Archers got nerfed over and over, and still infantry has problems with them. The problems come from a totally different direction. Not the deadliness of the archer himself (dmg, accuracy, shot speed, etc.) is the problem, it's horrible at the moment. The percentage of archers is part of the problem, as archers increase each other's effectivity exponentially the more there are (in difference to infantry, who don't), the flexibility of the class is another part. This flexibility allows archers to actively engage throughout almost the entire battle, and to pick the most advantageous targets (similar to cavalry). It's an offensive, acting class. Infantry needs to wait until targets come in range (in most cases by deciding so!), and during most of the round they are trying to survive, which puts them into a defensive, reacting role. Even when charging. And the last part of the problem are infantry players themselves, who don't play together to complement each other. Infantry needs a way higher amount of coordination, discipline and teamwork than the other classes, and due to the first two parts of the problem I mentioned above you can imagine what happens when infantry is chasing after their targets (missing flexibility) and scatters over the battlefield (low support level between infantry). They get raped by archers and cavalry who don't suffer from missing teamplay in this severe extend.

So please, Grumbs, don't suggest any nerfs at all any more, the game is nerfed to the ground, no more space left downwards. If anything, suggest buffs. But better would be to actually confront yourself with the source of the problems, instead just reacting with nerf cries. It's like those people in politics who whenever something unpleasant happens their only reaction is to shout for more laws, restrictions and prohibitions. As if a ban of ego shooters wold prevent amok runs or longer sentences would deterr rapists (for five years prison I would rape her, but not for eight...). It's always better to adress the source of the problems than to try to prevent the symptoms.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2013, 06:14:51 pm »

This is part of the problem. Actual devs who have a direct impact on game balance who think people must be retarded for wanting ranged tweaks

Joker, although I agree that the shear volume is an important factor, there are other issues too. The last batch of "nerfs" were actually buffs to the top bows. They added some weight but  we ended up with ranged doing more damage overall

Xbows are still as dumb as ever. No requirements, fast reload, high damage, except for top 2 they can be used with any melee weapon. Melee wpf is still near worthless after a point

Damage, stagger, repair costs, weight can all be used to tweak how many people crutch on ranged. I don't think its worth just giving up and assuming there will always be so much ranged

If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2013, 06:23:43 pm »
+1
Damage, stagger, repair costs, weight can all be used to tweak how many people crutch on ranged. I don't think its worth just giving up and assuming there will always be so much ranged

Ideally I'd say 1/3 of all players should be ranged. It's part of the game, and removing it makes it uncomparably more boring and plain. Having to deal with ranged gives the gme both depth and a bit of historic realism.

I don't know much about the crossbow spam, I guess that's an NA thing, on EU we have few crossbows and many bows. But I do know that once you get hit it doesn't matter any more if the damage is raised by 10% or something like that. What matters is how often you get hit, how likely it is and how much your counter measures against being hit influence your gameplay. And no, reducing the accuracy further is no way to deal with it, all classes should be played skill based, not luck based.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2013, 06:36:33 pm »
+4
i like turtles
Turtles

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2013, 06:38:03 pm »
+1
Mod is phoenix that will be reborn from it's ashes. In the form of M:BG or whatever it's gonna be called. So what's the plan then? Eventually pull the plug on the database and all servers once the playerbase is moved over to BG? Or will it be kaput before a BG alpha even sees the light of day?

What little attention and time can be devoted to cRPG should be to cRPG imo...if anything should die from neglect first it should be the appendix that is Strat. Of course it's up to devs to decide what they want to focus on with their free time, but imo Strat is an add-on and cRPG is the basis of the mod.

There have been rumblings from the old farts who miss the organized clan battles scene, and how Strat completely eclipsed them. Could be a win-win as far as increasing the playerbase, or at least keeping them around. And it puts the responsability for organizing and the work involved on the community and not the devs.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2013, 06:39:15 pm »
+1
i like turtles

Aaaaaalright, you're a great zombie. Good times here at the crPG forum.