Author Topic: Crossbows on Horse  (Read 3057 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Crossbows on Horse
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 07:37:52 pm »
Playing HX means equiping a horse an xbow and bolts , possibly some melee backup. Equiping multiple xbows is intentional exploiting unrestrictive game mechanics against the idea of a class ( and the game itself ) in a so obvious way that some ppl seem to not even see that.

I lol'ed, would lol again (not a horse archer/xbow, never even tried it)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 08:30:22 pm »
Playing HX means equiping a horse an xbow and bolts , possibly some melee backup. Equiping multiple xbows is intentional exploiting unrestrictive game mechanics against the idea of a class ( and the game itself ) in a so obvious way that some ppl seem to not even see that.

Well thats complete Bullshit, playing HX means you have a crossbow on horse, it doesn't say anywhere how many have to be equipped or how many you are allowed, if that was the case it would be HX1crossbowonlywololo#sexonfire

If thats the case then i do not wish to see any archers with 2 bags of arrows, as they are only Bow and Arrow, hell limit it to 1 arrow, no 2h'ers carrying a secondary weapon, no shielders carrying anything except a shield etc etc

Think about it ;)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2013, 08:34:40 pm »
+1
what that has to do with anything ? whats about the toppic ?
Roflcopterstabbing and the facehugstab with LS are possible due to the shitty engine too. You don't wanna see several Xbows on a HX, then fix those things too.
And the nerf to turnrate was about the same shit but caused a shitstorm.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 09:02:01 pm »
Well thats complete Bullshit, playing HX means you have a crossbow on horse, it doesn't say anywhere how many have to be equipped or how many you are allowed, if that was the case it would be HX1crossbowonlywololo#sexonfire

If thats the case then i do not wish to see any archers with 2 bags of arrows, as they are only Bow and Arrow, hell limit it to 1 arrow, no 2h'ers carrying a secondary weapon, no shielders carrying anything except a shield etc etc

Think about it ;)
Why you call it bullshit ? Its exploiting because its against the common sense and realism about how a class should be working - for me , the intention of the game itself; And i call many other playstyles exploiting , NEVER said it needs to be punished ! Furthermore this was just an additional fact to my argument not the point to discuss here. So whats the matter , Haradraa is not to be blamed for polling, Johanne is not punishable for exploiting mechanics where its not exclusively forbidden.
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 09:08:41 pm »
Why you call it bullshit ? Its exploiting because its against the common sense and realism about how a class should be working - for me , the intention of the game itself; And i call many other playstyles exploiting , NEVER said it needs to be punished ! Furthermore this was just an additional fact to my argument not the point to discuss here. So whats the matter , Haradraa is not to be blamed for polling, Johanne is not punishable for exploiting mechanics where its not exclusively forbidden.

The discussion has evolved! Into the fact of why you think crossbows x3 is exploiting, i asked was it against the rules, but you seem to have a pretty secluded view on things, so explain in length by doing a joker post! :P

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 09:17:12 pm »
+3
Micah, the reason why what you're saying is correctly being pointed out as bullshit is that there's no such thing as a class in crpg, only what we decide to name the popular builds. I can easily create a class that utilizes every ranged weapon and every melee type, what class would I be?

I for one don't see it as exploiting nonrestrictive (fixed that for you) game mechanics. This is entirely your opinion and it carries as much weight as anyone else's.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 10:05:02 pm »
+1
Well if someone wants to live with the upkeep that the playstyle requires, by all means take as many crossbows as you can. 3 xbows, bolts and a horse aren't exactly free :D

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 10:09:27 pm »
+2
Damnit Micah, can barely resist making a hx alt now with 4 xbows.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 10:37:40 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I for one don't see it as exploiting nonrestrictive (fixed that for you) game mechanics. This is entirely your opinion and it carries as much weight as anyone else's.
Exactly, noone here can tell the real intention of the game, including me and propably not even the makers; a point i have to admit ... the real intention of the game, if there is any, is somewhere between the realms of the intention of the maker and the intention of the players , since its aswell their game as it is the game of the maker.

Anyhow , a propper judgement for a situation like this cant bypass the censureship of game fairness, as where the main purpose of a game is to ensure a ballanced state between possible playstyles ( aka player intentions supported by the game mechanics ) and fun factor for all players. If now one player feels that some playstyle of some other guy breaks the rule of game fairness he has the possibility and the right to report or poll against this players ingame behavior ; Eventhough, starting a poll was a rather drastic measure BUT legal (he should rather have reported, talked to the guy or discussed in forum).
The rest of the players now voted that Haradraa's poll was rectified and kicked the player as a result of an mutual agreement. This also implies that the players playstyle was exploitive and breaking the playerships opinion of game fairness in that certain situation.
Another word on Johane's behavior, who had played with seemingly proper intention. For him it was just a unlucky coincidence that he unknowingly used a playstyle which was decided as unpropper by the rest of players in that situation. He also did nothing really wrong, and players should be really carefull about using polls.

btw: iam aware that this is only my own opinion and i accept others without mentioning that after each sentence  :P
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 10:51:00 pm »
So why is using pike on horseback punishable again?
Its usable in the game engine and just punishable by rules.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 10:51:46 pm »
+2
fuckin bundle of sticksry, JohanE is a boss.

EDIT: Wait what "bundle of sticksry"? i didn't type that.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 10:58:56 pm »
Its usable in the game engine
Try that one again. My source (I think it was Vibe, Rheki or Everkistus) tells LS and pike are not usable on horseback in crpg anymore. Hence it's not in the server rules anymore.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 11:14:49 pm »
Try that one again. My source (I think it was Vibe, Rheki or Everkistus) tells LS and pike are not usable on horseback in crpg anymore. Hence it's not in the server rules anymore.

Yet i saw someone with it on horseback the other day, i really should start using screenies

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 01:26:48 am »
EDIT: Wait what "bundle of sticksry"? i didn't type that.

Cuuuuuute

On subject, you can use LS on horseback fine last I tested, the way to do it is not straightforward though.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 02:13:02 am »
Cuuuuuute

On subject, you can use LS on horseback fine last I tested, the way to do it is not straightforward though.
I think I know what you mean. That goes definetly under the exploiting rule anyhow.