Author Topic: Did Hosp just Side in the Great NA War?  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Did Hosp just Side in the Great NA War?
« on: February 20, 2013, 01:29:26 am »
If it's true...need to get more guys to sell. Almost got a decent size raiding party for sell.

Anyways: I saw this and was like.....????

(click to show/hide)

So When can I expect lots of fun xp?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: Did Hosp just Side in the Great NA War?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 01:43:22 am »
+1
Well, if they decided to attempt to reconquest fiefs that they lost in the first war, they would be violating their peace treaty:

(click to show/hide)

seeing as how they removed their claims from New Zagush, New Tash Kulun and New Malayurg Castle.

However we mustn't forget that this IS just an online game, so it's not like violating a pixelated contract will bring any real repercussions.

(click to show/hide)

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 02:28:11 am »
+2
We were using Zagush as a watch tower. It was in the hands of Occitan who we are friendly with and they let us hang out, we have armies there, along with the north and south to keep an eye on our borders. Occitan decided to pull out and hand it to us. As this was originally our village before we were invaded, we accepted.

I have a lot of respect for Turbo, and like a lot of the NH guys, but there has always been some animosity towards the loss of Peppo's kittens. And the fact that digglez was so hard to work with for the longest time while we tried to work on a friendly relationship, so who knows. We know FCC and Tkov working together (Trade partners and what not) will most likely mean we will be the next to get rolled as they will never go agains't each other, so us trying to get back the villages NH took from us originally isn't out of the question. Plus the few threats of "give it back or else" has more or less pushed some of our officers to say to heck with it and lets get some battles in before the monster comes for us,  :P

Everyone will know by the next few days what we decide to do. It is still in the talks as I type this.

Also, that agreement was for 2 months, which has long but expired.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 02:34:40 am »

I was talking about the claims on the fiefs, did that part expire after two months as well?

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 02:37:40 am »
+2
We were using Zagush as a watch tower. It was in the hands of Occitan who we are friendly with and they let us hang out, we have armies there, along with the north and south to keep an eye on our borders. Occitan decided to pull out and hand it to us. As this was originally our village before we were invaded, we accepted.

I have a lot of respect for Turbo, and like a lot of the NH guys, but there has always been some animosity towards the loss of Peppo's kittens. And the fact that digglez was so hard to work with for the longest time while we tried to work on a friendly relationship, so who knows. We know FCC and Tkov working together (Trade partners and what not) will most likely mean we will be the next to get rolled as they will never go agains't each other, so us trying to get back the villages NH took from us originally isn't out of the question. Plus the few threats of "give it back or else" has more or less pushed some of our officers to say to heck with it and lets get some battles in before the monster comes for us,  :P

Everyone will know by the next few days what we decide to do. It is still in the talks as I type this.

Right right right. But the point is, if any faction buys/exchanges a contested faction with a clan that isn't involved(or even really knows) that will cause the new owner/new clan to get involved in a war that they shouldn't. Just speaking from the....four(?) times NA clans have done this. I can name the HP/Hosp war and the HP/Fim War as 2. Sunbros was a third, and I believe there was a 4th, but I'm unsure,....oh Astralis!

I'm not endorsing, nor condoning it. In fact, ever since the war started, I was wondering when the 3 remaining factions would start moving. People seem to think I'm not really up to date on politics, but I saw this war coming LONG LONG ago. A few minor players have changed sides, but for the most part I can see the outcome. It's easy to read the lines. (Just watch the posting and you can see how things go and general Opinion on things).

Of course, I've been playing strat longer than almost all of the NA strat community, but that's just how old I am.

I'm 24 today btw, wish me a happy birthday.  8-)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:47:21 am »
+5
Those aren't just any Kittens, they are Exotic Kittens!

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 02:49:40 am »
+1
Happy Birthday Anders.

- Yes it was NH's village
- Occitan attacked and took said village
- Yes it was contested
- We were given ownership with out most of our members knowing what happened
- We then started to think about fighting NH to regain the villages we lost way back when, rather than giving it back and going back to the turtle position with fears of being eventually rolled by the monster and not doing anything in the mean time.

Yes we should give it back as it was NH's village, but now we have an opportunity to get some villages back, much like NH took the opportunity to take our villages when Tkov invaded us, and then left leaving the villages in NH's hands.

And most on the forums see how this is going to play out, every side claims to be the underdog, (Hospitaller included) with the exception of Tkov as the simply state "We da BOSS and take what we want!" which is respectable.

But we all see who signs up for who.  Tho not allied you can see the rosters never change regardless of faction X attacking Faction Y.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:56:53 am by Aztek »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 03:00:42 am »
+1
Happy Birthday Anders.

- Yes it was NH's village
- Occitan attacked and took said village
- Yes it was contested
- We were given ownership with out most of our members knowing what happened
- We then started to think about fighting NH to regain the villages we lost way back when, rather than giving it back and going back to the turtle position with fears of being eventually rolled by the monster and not doing anything in the mean time.

Yes we should give it back as it was NH's village, but now we have an opportunity to get some villages back, much like NH took the opportunity to take our villages when Tkov invaded us, and then left leaving the villages in NH's hands.

And most on the forums see how this is going to play out, every side claims to be the underdog, (Hospitaller included) with the exception of Tkov as the simply state "We da BOSS and take what we want!" which is respectable.

But we all see who signs up for who.  Tho not allied you can see the rosters never change regardless of faction X attacking Faction Y.

Like I said, you can see the winds of war through the lines in the sand.
(click to show/hide)

Also Nice edit there aztek. I'm not going to say what I saw about that.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 03:03:18 am »
Here's my problem with this; You guys are Hospitaller, you're by no means a Weak Clan, but what you did here was very weak. Here is Fimbulvetr, trying to reclaim New Zagush which is a bitch and a half to attack. We expend a lot of resources, time, and effort to get it back, and you guys just waltz in, reinforce it a few times (which we noted and confronted you about) and then took it over when it inevitably was going to be attacking and taken back. Fimbulvetr had no interest in going in to this big Map War, thus why we just sought out to reclaim our fief that was taken and leave it at that--but now you are forcing our hand, as well as yours into this situation.

If your intent is to prepare yourselves for this massive incoming attack you assume to be happening, then why are you pissing on those that are the least of your concerns, and furthermore expending resources when you could be stockpiling them and lubricant for this butt plundering you believe you may find yourselves in?

You are a fair man Aztek, and I know you're commonly outspoken in your clan (though you should be a leader imo), but seriously, this was the most rat-tactic thing I've seen out of you guys in a long while. An act that I think defies your better judgement, and ultimately will ignite more flames than you have the piss to extinguish Hospitaller
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 03:08:38 am »
Here's my problem with this; You guys are Hospitaller, you're by no means a Weak Clan, but what you did here was very weak. Here is Fimbulvetr, trying to reclaim New Zagush which is a bitch and a half to attack. We expend a lot of resources, time, and effort to get it back, and you guys just waltz in, reinforce it a few times (which we noted and confronted you about) and then took it over when it inevitably was going to be attacking and taken back. Fimbulvetr had no interest in going in to this big Map War, thus why we just sought out to reclaim our fief that was taken and leave it at that--but now you are forcing our hand, as well as yours into this situation.

If your intent is to prepare yourselves for this massive incoming attack you assume to be happening, then why are you pissing on those that are the least of your concerns, and furthermore expending resources when you could be stockpiling them and lubricant for this butt plundering you believe you may find yourselves in?

You are a fair man Aztek, and I know you're commonly outspoken in your clan (though you should be a leader imo), but seriously, this was the most rat-tactic thing I've seen out of you guys in a long while. An act that I think defies your better judgement, and ultimately will ignite more flames than you have the piss to extinguish Hospitaller
weren't you the leader of kutt or something?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 03:17:00 am »
weren't you the leader of kutt or something?

Didn't your leaders make you surrender because you fucked up badly? Also, I wasn't the leader of KUTT, Xeen was.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 03:31:59 am »
Didn't your leaders make you surrender because you fucked up badly? Also, I wasn't the leader of KUTT, Xeen was.
fucked up enough to apologize infront of all Hosp nah I didn't up you did  :mrgreen:

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 03:34:44 am »
fucked up enough to apologize infront of all Hosp nah I didn't up you did  :mrgreen:

I apologized because I was the bigger man and you spun my words so much that I had to say something to simply avert further conflict.

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 03:43:10 am »
+5
The problem tanken is we know aside from Occitan/Chev's and a few smaller clans we are never safe, Although not allied with anyone we know they would not attack us out of mutual respect, NH on the other hand forcefully took our lands in the beginning, threatened to attack trade caravans, let FCC walk through there lands to get to us, etc.

Now I do want to point out one of NH members let us know FCC was coming, and I respected that individual for that. But with NH on the other side of the fence and Digglez public hate towards Hospitaller how could we trust them to not take our lands yet again when/if we get attacked by FCC, Tkov or whom ever!? If Zagush stayed in the hands of NH and LCO never invaded we would still be in our land. But once that village was dropped into our hands while LCO backed out, we had 2 options. Give it back to NH and hope they don't do the same thing to us they did at the beginning of strat, or keep it and get some fights in before the big boys come knocking. With our past, option 1 took over.

Call us ass's if you want, If it was my call Hospitaller would be allied with every clan on strat as I'm a free love and be friendly to everyone type of guy, but the reality is we can not trust many out there, and at this point we rather go down guns blazing, then waiting to be gang banged like last time, and before any more jump down our throat, keep in mind chances are you were apart of that gangbang against Hospitaller so your rebuttal is biased and doesn't hold as much sincerity.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 03:50:50 am »
+2
Understandable, yet, I would love to hear what the strategy was for this. Because right now I'm just foreseeing you guys fucking yourselves over. Instead of expending resources attacking, oh, I don't know, FCC or VE (the ones you fear the most) instead you attack NH and Fimbulvetr. Strategically speaking, if you know you're going to get raped quite hard by potentially two parties, why decide to fight a 3rd party--which is on good terms with both VE and FCC for the most part, instead of aiming your assault at one of the two clans you think may be an issue.

I don't see the intelligence, and I think you guys slipping, could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I'm right. But what do I know.

And let it be clear, I'm not upset by your decision to attack Fimbulvetr, the way you started it was cowardice, but we welcome the war. I'm just poking at the "tactical plan" in which you guys are deploying, wondering if you actually thoroughly thought it through or not.