Author Topic: Why exactly is jumping removed?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Why exactly is jumping removed?
« on: February 18, 2013, 10:17:01 am »
+28
Hello all,

I do not know if this is for all ranged, I've noticed it with my xbow char.

While having the xbow ready to fire, jumping is not possible and does not cancel the aiming.
- We had jumpshooting a while ago - dont care for that, dont need it back.
- Jumping used to cancel the aim but you were able to jump - the best solution imo.
- Then there was this strange "if you jump your aim is still there but you detonate in the ground" feature - pretty much the worst (I thought back then)
- Now when you aim you cannot jump at all - it is as if the button doesnt work

The current "solution" is very poor. Is there any intention to bring back one of the other things? I dont know if this is a thing that was done on purpose to limit ranged movement further or it just "happened", so I wont complain yet but would welcome an official answer.

Thanks & Best Regards

Grumpy_Nic
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:22:41 pm by Kalam »

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
Re: Why exactly is jumping removed?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:13 am »
+6
Easiest fix could be to open a melee server and stop nerfing ranged. Dont like getting shot, then head to melee server or shut up :)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:04:56 am »
If this change is true, then I have one more reason not to play xbower again. I loved jumping to fire over low stone walls and heashotting people who were trying to stab you with melee weapons on the other side.

Just make xbows wildly innacurate when you are in the air. Jumping xbow shots are only good if you are dodging cav then firing, or using specific terrain advantages that are only possible on a handful of maps.

Using high agility, you can bait cavalry into charging you then leaping out of the way at the last second. Holding your aim or faking reload with a crossbow increases your baiting - cav will try and rush you down before you reload or fire. This is a tactic I used and enjoyed on many open maps where xbow has no terrain to hide and reload with.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:15:56 pm »
If this change is true, then I have one more reason not to play xbower again. I loved jumping to fire over low stone walls and heashotting people who were trying to stab you with melee weapons on the other side.

Just make xbows wildly innacurate when you are in the air. Jumping xbow shots are only good if you are dodging cav then firing, or using specific terrain advantages that are only possible on a handful of maps.

Using high agility, you can bait cavalry into charging you then leaping out of the way at the last second. Holding your aim or faking reload with a crossbow increases your baiting - cav will try and rush you down before you reload or fire. This is a tactic I used and enjoyed on many open maps where xbow has no terrain to hide and reload with.

Jumpshooting is not possible for quite a while now and I'm fine with that. But removing jumping altogether (while aiming) is the worst thing they could've done. Next thing is they increase bolt weight even further.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 03:57:09 pm »
+3
I can care less about jump shooting with a xbow.  They need to remove reloading while in the air though...  Unrealistic as hell and unneeded.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 04:01:21 pm »
+1
I can care less about jump shooting with a xbow.  They need to remove reloading while in the air though...  Unrealistic as hell and unneeded.

Reloading while in the air? I have no idea what you mean to be honest.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 04:40:40 pm »
If you are running with a crossbow and jump, you can start reloading before your character hits the ground. This and the fact that you can start moving before the end of your reload animation make you a little bit more mobile during reload.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 05:28:03 pm »
+1
all i know is there are none of these EU problems on NA2 siege. i swear 90% of all mod changes/nerfs are derive from EU1 battle. FYI when I read all these "nerf this nerf that" threads they have nothing to do with siege for the most part, these are battle problems. so please only nerf and make the game less fun for battle, and not for siege
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 05:30:29 pm »
+1
If you are running with a crossbow and jump, you can start reloading before your character hits the ground. This and the fact that you can start moving before the end of your reload animation make you a little bit more mobile during reload.

I'm sorry to tell you but this has been removed also quite some time ago. When you jump you cannot start reloading, after landing there is a small delay before you can start to reload. The animation of reloading will cancel if you move before the string is fully drawn, if you move after this the reloading will finish because you can put the bolt into the xbow with one hand and dont have to remain stationary. But I think even this has been reduced slightly.

So this does not apply anymore.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 05:30:47 pm »
Hello all,

I do not know if this is for all ranged, I've noticed it with my xbow char.

While having the xbow ready to fire, jumping is not possible and does not cancel the aiming.
- We had jumpshooting a while ago - dont care for that, dont need it back.
- Jumping used to cancel the aim but you were able to jump - the best solution imo.
- Then there was this strange "if you jump your aim is still there but you detonate in the ground" feature - pretty much the worst (I thought back then)
- Now when you aim you cannot jump at all - it is as if the button doesnt work

The current "solution" is very poor. Is there any intention to bring back one of the other things? I dont know if this is a thing that was done on purpose to limit ranged movement further or it just "happened", so I wont complain yet but would welcome an official answer.

Thanks & Best Regards

Grumpy_Nic

Exactly.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 06:33:22 pm »
+1
I miss jump shooting, simply because its that much harder to kill cavalry now :3 the jump shot was my anti-cav tactic, now its just....death

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 06:53:13 pm »
Jump shots etc still work on NA...
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 08:40:36 pm »
+2
NA server don't have the new change they've been testing for quite a while now.

Also why don't you make every server melee only right now... that will save you the trouble of trying to nerf ranged even more.  :rolleyes:

A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 09:25:47 pm »
+2
NA server don't have the new change they've been testing for quite a while now.

Also why don't you make every server melee only right now... that will save you the trouble of trying to nerf ranged even more.  :rolleyes:

Yes it does. If you use WSE2, you can't jump while you have a ranged missile cocked. You do this weird sink into the ground thing instead. If you don't use WSE2, you still can.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 10:38:37 pm »
+4
bows & xbows dont really have a good case against nerfing jump shooting. but removing jump throwing is huge uncalled for nerf.

Have Dev's ever seen an Olympic javelin throw or Baseball outfielder do a big throw?  They leap/jump into their throws
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:23:46 am by Digglez »