Author Topic: The Great NA War -Losses To date-  (Read 53070 times)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: The Great NA War -Losses To date-
« Reply #600 on: August 29, 2013, 12:21:59 am »
Yeah that's what i meant with not worth losing someone over a vidjagaym.

Well, if you guys can't put a strap on him you might aswell buckle up :/

buckle-up for what exactly? this war is limp.... With your alliances and resources available we would have turned most of the map orange by now.

Leader of BS

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 29, 2013, 12:54:29 am »
buckle-up for what exactly? this war is limp.... With your alliances and resources available we would have turned most of the map orange by now.

Please do that.. oh I'd love to see you guys attack right now, besides strategus is getting boring.. where the hell are the battles?

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #602 on: August 29, 2013, 01:00:11 am »
We took our turn attacking and turning most of the larger factions against us.  All we got for it was an illegal fief transfer and a bunch of enemies.  It's your turn now.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #603 on: August 29, 2013, 01:27:02 am »
+8
Anders explained things pretty well. But just to humour you I shall explain a bit more! If all the clans in FCC went off on their own then they would get crushed by all our enemies who have banded together and never fight each other (whether allied or not). FCC is the size it is out of necessity.

I can personally guarantee you that this wouldn't be the case overall. Assumptions in this case intending to prevent wide-scale wipeouts are understandable, though.

It would not be the case, and I'll even use an example supporting that theory that actually happened: Chaos and FIDLGB were fighting the Aggregate Alliance in an ill-publicized war (sorry about not having given a declaration). Our target of choice was New Senuzgda Castle, and we intended to continue fighting it until we took it over again. Lo and behold, its owners, Riders of Rohan, split off from the Aggregates and announced their desire to become a separate entity. Instead of mindlessly continuing with our plan and attacking them under their new colors, we played into the game's diplomacy and sent them a message and ended up going another route.

If anything, the only people with something to fear from the constituent clans splitting off from the FCC are the core members, the original FCC/BRD people. I can't speak for everyone, of course, but I'm willing to bet the majority of people fighting the FCC wouldn't continue to press against HG, Remnant, et al, unless Kesh, or maybe some others, were still actively involved in their strategus doings.

It's not a question of whether or not we're willing to take the risk, it's just something that doesn't make sense.  Kesh is our friend, we like having him about.  Yes he sometimes makes stupid posts on the forums and we make fun of him sometimes for it, usually in teamspeak, sometimes we call him out here on the forums as well.  But that doesn't change our relationship.  No video game is worth losing a friend over.

That's fair enough, but people are giving more excuses than are needed to try and justify something that's fine as it stands. Fine, that is, unless you want to account for the fact that both sides are contributing to a looming stagnation on NA strategus. Friendships unfortunately don't serve the game itself. If you're truly friends, you can withstand competing with one another. That's not the only thing that will fix it, of course, and it's a lot to ask to play separately from someone you want to play with, but it's a direct action that several groups of people could undertake to instill more action into the game. The potential domino effect it might have on the other side, as well, would open up many possibilities.

We took our turn attacking and turning most of the larger factions against us.  All we got for it was an illegal fief transfer and a bunch of enemies.  It's your turn now.

The FCC has played the "brag about attacking the most" card. If it hasn't worked already, you're not going to make it happen by using the same approach of trying to goad people into attacking you.

The tit for tat mentality is also misplaced. No one's taking turns, you attack for the sake of it (the holdings won, glory reaped; the battles fought, fun enjoyed). You guys keep giving shit for the way other factions try to play and brag about how yours is a better one, now you're trying to put the shoe on the other foot? I think not. I'm taking your cake, you can't eat it, too.

Let me mix some more metaphors real quick here and I'll find a better way to say this... you guys (FCC) are doing the exact same thing you're criticizing your enemies for right now. What you've accomplished in the past isn't going to change what's (not) happening now - you've attacked more than any other faction? That's great. Why would you stop now, to keep from being hammerpounded by the odds being stacked against you? That doesn't sound like the FCC to me. Worthless fair-weather attackers. Going gets rough, better start turtling. Oh, but it's okay because "they" already do it and it's their turn to take big losses. You're as bad as Kesh claims my faction is.

I am personally ready for something new this strat, but it's gonna take more than one to tango. I've also had the majority of my resources wiped out in war, so I may be a bit biased in this regard. However, I'm not gonna jump off any bridges just because someone mentioned they might drop a hat.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:58:35 am by Canary »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #604 on: August 29, 2013, 01:36:35 am »
+1
Economically, it would be better for you to attack now, as we will keep generating income based on our holdings.  We are going to have more money than everyone else, and at some point it will become impossible to hurt us.  Our lead will increase exponentially.  Attack us.  The time is now.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #605 on: August 29, 2013, 01:48:39 am »
+6
All you're missing is "come at me bro". Unfortunately for you, you don't get to dictate what your enemies do or how they play.

You're admitting that now you want to play like the do-nothing mega-blocs on EU (or how you accused your enemies of playing on NA)? I'll reiterate: you can't just stop doing things and expect your enemy to do the rest of the work. What you've achieved before isn't going to inspire us to do what you want us to do. Threatening to turtle up even harder isn't going to make attacking a turtle faction more attractive.

We can all say the same thing over and over in a bunch of different ways, but these same conversations repeated aren't going to cause anything to happen.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #606 on: August 29, 2013, 01:57:07 am »
+3
Hello everyone, welcome to "NO IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT AND NOTHING IS OUR FAULT!", the thread.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:54 am »
+2
I use use the chaos offensive as an example..

When we attack we do not shy away from the hard targets. We took out 3 well defensed castles all the fiefs but dhirum and that only because it is the single worst place to attack in game. We tried it several times regardless.. in what 2 weeks roughly?

This war in comparison is boring. Tactically it does not make sense for us to charge out at the moment. Believe me I have been preaching it anyway just to do something but it has not swayed the majority.

The big bloc alliance ideas of an offensive is just being offensive on the message board.
Leader of BS

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #608 on: August 29, 2013, 02:45:00 am »
+2
I use use the chaos offensive as an example..

When we attack we do not shy away from the hard targets. We took out 3 well defensed castles all the fiefs but dhirum and that only because it is the single worst place to attack in game. We tried it several times regardless.. in what 2 weeks roughly?

This war in comparison is boring. Tactically it does not make sense for us to charge out at the moment. Believe me I have been preaching it anyway just to do something but it has not swayed the majority.

The big bloc alliance ideas of an offensive is just being offensive on the message board.

This ^  :rolleyes:

We bled 50K tickets taking out fidlgb and chaos fiefs - the time was perfectly ripe for occitan to attack us at the end of the peace agreement - their big offensive? Doing nothing for an entire month after that.  I'm sorry, but we don't recruit troops at the same rate you guys do and we don't have most of the map allied with us making trade runs easy.  We bled 30-35K in the hospitaller war shortly before chaos and fidlgb and 20K with NH and Frisians overlapping those two conflicts.  We have been burning constantly while all most of our enemies have been building up to attack us (hell occitan building for over 6 months).  They can easily do a 1 for 2 in every battle and still have tens of thousands of troops leftover, and yet still you guys are whining there are no new battles and you don't realize that almost half the large battles in the last 12 months were involving fcc, almost always on the offensive.  If you want battles use your overwhelming numbers and attack.  Hell we've taken plenty of castles and cities with the odds far less in our favor.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 29, 2013, 02:53:37 am »
+2
This ^  :rolleyes:

We bled 50K tickets taking out fidlgb and chaos fiefs - the time was perfectly ripe for occitan to attack us at the end of the peace agreement - their big offensive? Doing nothing for an entire month after that.  I'm sorry, but we don't recruit troops at the same rate you guys do and we don't have most of the map allied with us making trade runs easy.  We bled 30-35K in the hospitaller war shortly before chaos and fidlgb and 20K with NH and Frisians overlapping those two conflicts.  We have been burning constantly while all most of our enemies have been building up to attack us (hell occitan building for over 6 months).  They can easily do a 1 for 2 in every battle and still have tens of thousands of troops leftover, and yet still you guys are whining there are no new battles and you don't realize that almost half the large battles in the last 12 months were involving fcc, almost always on the offensive.  If you want battles use your overwhelming numbers and attack.  Hell we've taken plenty of castles and cities with the odds far less in our favor.
Like paying mercs to tk the other side for you? good job
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #610 on: August 29, 2013, 02:59:39 am »
+7
oui oui
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #611 on: August 29, 2013, 03:14:47 am »
Like paying mercs to tk the other side for you? good job

Oh come now, who hasn't had a smear on their record? I mean, you've got a pretty dirty record from the clans you've been in. Specially the betrayals against originally allies...

Strat isn't fun cause of people like you who bring up shit from super far in the past and use it over, and over and over and, horse is dead already btw, and over and over......

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 29, 2013, 03:21:04 am »
Oh come now, who hasn't had a smear on their record? I mean, you've got a pretty dirty record from the clans you've been in. Specially the betrayals against originally allies...

Strat isn't fun cause of people like you who bring up shit from super far in the past and use it over, and over and over and, horse is dead already btw, and over and over......
It works and is fun. It makes people mad and sperg out  :mrgreen:

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #613 on: August 29, 2013, 03:30:26 am »
We bled 50K tickets taking out fidlgb and chaos fiefs - the time was perfectly ripe for occitan to attack us at the end of the peace agreement - their big offensive? Doing nothing for an entire month after that.

Edited because I didn't read my own quote of your post correctly:

Weren't they in on the HoC gang bang near the entrance to the desert?

Anyways, let's get more battles going folks! We were doing such a great job recently and now we're in a slump. Let's fix that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:38:11 am by Rhalzo »

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 29, 2013, 03:38:08 am »
+1
stoned rhalzo makes my posts hard to understand by ninja editing
Leader of BS