Author Topic: The Great NA War -Losses To date-  (Read 53072 times)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
Re: The Great NA War -Losses To date-
« Reply #585 on: August 28, 2013, 05:59:43 pm »
As someone who regularly mercs for both sides under different names, from my experience you're both wrong.  Everyone gets mercing problems.  It's understandable for both of you to think it's only your side struggling however because you guys want to win the fights, so you more or less have to fight tooth and nail to fill any roster.  Because there's only so many people who bother to play in NA anymore who can be bothered to sign up for strat battles.

Believe it or not Kesh I actually feel we struggle less in filling our roster because of one thing: you.  You're the most active recruiter I've ever seen, constantly bugging people on steam or jumping on their teamspeak and reminding everyone when the battle is happening and all that.  -That- dedication I don't see coming whenever I'm on the other side, I have to  :rolleyes: 'remember' when the hell the battle is actually happening if the wrong side signs me because I don't have a convenient friendly reminder from you to tell me to get on.  It's convenient for some people, grates on others, but fact of the matter is you work hard to fill our rosters, so our rosters tend to be full.

More of the bigger factions in NA may or may not be more willing to fight in name under the LCO banner maybe, but we're not exactly empty all the time either.  This is just purely a case of the grass looking greener on the other side.  Anyway, I should stop dissipating the propagandists now because it doesn't look like the big factions are going to want to come to an understanding.  Not that it's a bad thing mind you.  If the people who just want decent battles wants them to happen, then they should take more of a command role in the strat map.  Otherwise, this is still a game for people who manage to find motivation in it, as Canary mentioned a few posts back.

Nicely said.

Kesh i don't think you seem to realize that FCC is just as many clans as the ones you listed. I don't see how you are the underdog here. And the reason why alot of people sign up against you is actually because of you. We don't have merc agreements with occitan for example(and i doubt any of the other clans have), we just don't like you so we sign up against you.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #586 on: August 28, 2013, 06:36:42 pm »
+3
Keep in mind I'm not necessarily saying Kesh doesn't have a point.  We can put together a competitive roster because of him, because of the aforementioned hard work he puts in to do so.  Our enemies may also struggle in putting together a roster, but from what I've seen they don't really ever fail to put together enough men to make the fight a fight.  With less effort than Kesh has to go through at least, from a casual viewpoint just chilling in the strat channel in stranger's teamspeaks.

And that is my quota of pro-FCC propaganda for one month, as per my contract regulations for being a Kesh alt account.
-idlewind

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 28, 2013, 08:06:38 pm »
we just don't like you so we sign up against you.

This is pretty much why just about everyone on that "massive alliance" signs up against FCC.. it's Kesh. Personally, I don't have a problem with any FCC ( I don't think) but the Kesh factor makes me want to sign up against them every time. Arowaine doesn't need to pay for that.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #588 on: August 28, 2013, 08:14:08 pm »
+5
Nicely said.

Kesh i don't think you seem to realize that FCC is just as many clans as the ones you listed. I don't see how you are the underdog here. And the reason why alot of people sign up against you is actually because of you. We don't have merc agreements with occitan for example(and i doubt any of the other clans have), we just don't like you so we sign up against you.

Honestly, without Kesh being such a good strategist, yet such a shitty poster and occasional rager, there wouldn't be a lot of stuff happening in strat.  Kesh does an awesome job of making enemies for us to fight, but it does suck to fight my friends so often, though.  I've always considered what Kesh does for Strategus as a whole, a service.  I've done my share of staring at the map and doing my clicks, but most people don't find it fun, so I'll always let him do it if that's what he likes to do.  And who knows, maybe he isn't such a bad guy after all, maybe he is just that committed to the role play.  My guess is that some people need to hate someone enough to get motivated to do anything in Strat, so it seems to be working.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 28, 2013, 10:28:52 pm »
+2
Honestly, without Kesh being such a good strategist, yet such a shitty poster and occasional rager, there wouldn't be a lot of stuff happening in strat.  Kesh does an awesome job of making enemies for us to fight, but it does suck to fight my friends so often, though.  I've always considered what Kesh does for Strategus as a whole, a service.  I've done my share of staring at the map and doing my clicks, but most people don't find it fun, so I'll always let him do it if that's what he likes to do.  And who knows, maybe he isn't such a bad guy after all, maybe he is just that committed to the role play.  My guess is that some people need to hate someone enough to get motivated to do anything in Strat, so it seems to be working.

Don't be silly. He is forcing hate towards him which forces it into a 2 side war in the end. I'm fairly sure there would be more interesting conflicts if he didn't act like he did or if FCC would split up and do their own thing instead of circlejerking in a massive super-alliance. Making a superalliance forces everyone to attack it or it will be as big as the drz/grey/union alliance last strat wich was pretty much unstoppable. Sheer number of accounts recruiting for you is key to being big.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #590 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:56 pm »
+1
Don't be silly. He is forcing hate towards him which forces it into a 2 side war in the end. I'm fairly sure there would be more interesting conflicts if he didn't act like he did or if FCC would split up and do their own thing instead of circlejerking in a massive super-alliance. Making a superalliance forces everyone to attack it or it will be as big as the drz/grey/union alliance last strat wich was pretty much unstoppable. Sheer number of accounts recruiting for you is key to being big.

the only super alliance for a good portion of the game was VE. Once they broke up, LCO was the much bigger super alliance left, and FCC had to compete against that.

Fairs fair, where the meter goes. Unless you trying to say LCO was a weakling hobbit and not a big alliance when fighting the VE, I might have to put you in your place.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #591 on: August 28, 2013, 10:38:35 pm »
+1
Are your armies coming as invited to be attacked, FCC? It's 5:00 PM nearly and I don't see them in the field. We offered free, organized battles with us willingly giving you the defensive advantage. Or was I wrong to assume that maybe you actually wanted to fight in the field? Silly me! I should have understood that Kesh's bombastic harangue brimming with his characteristic passive aggression wasn't actually an invitation to combat, but a way of trying to convince his enemies that the only way to be a brave internet nerd is to give your enemies every advantage while they camp their castles and cities with tens of thousands of troops.

Bring the armies or own up to the alternative that you don't actually want to fight semi-fair, fun field battles.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #592 on: August 28, 2013, 11:25:56 pm »
+2
Are your armies coming as invited to be attacked, FCC? It's 5:00 PM nearly and I don't see them in the field. We offered free, organized battles with us willingly giving you the defensive advantage. Or was I wrong to assume that maybe you actually wanted to fight in the field? Silly me! I should have understood that Kesh's bombastic harangue brimming with his characteristic passive aggression wasn't actually an invitation to combat, but a way of trying to convince his enemies that the only way to be a brave internet nerd is to give your enemies every advantage while they camp their castles and cities with tens of thousands of troops.

Bring the armies or own up to the alternative that you don't actually want to fight semi-fair, fun field battles.

I've offered it before to Chopas, nobody took me up on it - will offer it again:

We have a shit ton of troops sitting on their asses and getting fat and lazy in Derpcheetos Castle. I understand nobody has the balls to attack it, since it's actually a decent defence castle.

So my offer: meet us for a field battle in front of the castle and we'll be there for monitor tan, XP and glory!

What language am I writing in? Dumbnese?

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #593 on: August 28, 2013, 11:27:44 pm »
+4

Welcome back.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #594 on: August 28, 2013, 11:28:52 pm »
+1
Dude I don't want to have to walk over to your castle. You walk over to mine. I'm an Amerifat gotdamit and I ain't taking no walk to your shitcastle.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #595 on: August 28, 2013, 11:38:16 pm »

Anders explained things pretty well. But just to humour you I shall explain a bit more! If all the clans in FCC went off on their own then they would get crushed by all our enemies who have banded together and never fight each other (whether allied or not). FCC is the size it is out of necessity.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 28, 2013, 11:46:22 pm »
Anders explained things pretty well. But just to humour you I shall explain a bit more! If all the clans in FCC went off on their own then they would get crushed by all our enemies who have banded together and never fight each other (whether allied or not). FCC is the size it is out of necessity.

Well it might be a shitrollercoaster right now that can't be stopped and people being afraid of being on their own because of fear of what might happen to them and past events, but it wouldn't of had to be this way if it wouldn't of been for the politics FCC/kesh has been running the last months/year.

I mean, if you guys kicked out kesh and severed ties to him and split up, i'm pretty sure 80% of the people going after you would lose interest and let you split up and do your own things. Question is are you willing to take that risk, and is it worth it over a vidjagaym?

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #597 on: August 28, 2013, 11:50:44 pm »
+8
Well it might be a shitrollercoaster right now that can't be stopped and people being afraid of being on their own because of fear of what might happen to them and past events, but it wouldn't of had to be this way if it wouldn't of been for the politics FCC/kesh has been running the last months/year.

I mean, if you guys kicked out kesh and severed ties to him and split up, i'm pretty sure 80% of the people going after you would lose interest and let you split up and do your own things. Question is are you willing to take that risk, and is it worth it over a vidjagaym?

It's not a question of whether or not we're willing to take the risk, it's just something that doesn't make sense.  Kesh is our friend, we like having him about.  Yes he sometimes makes stupid posts on the forums and we make fun of him sometimes for it, usually in teamspeak, sometimes we call him out here on the forums as well.  But that doesn't change our relationship.  No video game is worth losing a friend over.
-idlewind

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 28, 2013, 11:58:55 pm »
+1
It's not a question of whether or not we're willing to take the risk, it's just something that doesn't make sense.  Kesh is our friend, we like having him about.  Yes he sometimes makes stupid posts on the forums and we make fun of him sometimes for it, usually in teamspeak, sometimes we call him out here on the forums as well.  But that doesn't change our relationship.  No video game is worth losing a friend over.

Yeah that's what i meant with not worth losing someone over a vidjagaym.

Well, if you guys can't put a strap on him you might aswell buckle up :/

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #599 on: August 28, 2013, 11:59:57 pm »
+1
Dude I don't want to have to walk over to your castle. You walk over to mine. I'm an Amerifat gotdamit and I ain't taking no walk to your shitcastle.

Ameriwhat? This ain't the land of the free calories and the home of the brave competitive eaters. Where do you think you are?

THIS. IS. CALRADIAAAAAAAAA.

*kicks Daruvian into a bottomless pit*  :)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?