Author Topic: Dueling in battle servers  (Read 3979 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Dueling in battle servers
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2013, 05:07:45 pm »
+2
Stop talking about "real men", "honour" and such a shit. This is a goddamn game. People play battle because they want to play in a team, get multi and lots of xp/gold. And then some idiots decide to duel in the end and throw away their team's win?
Even if all people alive agree, it's not nice to the ones being dead as they probably do not agree.

Duels have no place on a battle server (except if its 1vs1 in the end of the round).

Yeah, it is just a game, so you are looking to have fun not grind out a multi/xp. If everyone wants to duel at the end of the round, I see no reason for them not to.

In my experience, it only happens in low pop servers anyway, or when most of the remaining players are friends/in the same ts/vent,  otherwise the last guy alive gets shot/ganked.

Offline Bill Crispy

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The GoatsPriests; Werfried´s Peasant Batallion
  • Game nicks: MelsAvenger
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 05:57:12 pm »
+1
i wanna say something to duels on battle servers:

short:
1. i am pro duels for last enemy on small servers
2. i don´t care much about multi
3. i can only talk for playin on EU_4

detailed:
For me, i can only talk about EU_4 in this case.

I personally really enjoy giving/ receiving duels to/ as the last enemy standing!!
I always try to give duels for the last enemy and when i get ganked by 7 enemys i abuse them!
As it is much more important to me to have fun and a nice playtime than always have x5 i really am cheesed off of gankin 6vs1 at ends of rounds...
There is no skill needed in that.

As this is a roleplay game, why u should not play the role of a honourable fighter on the field of battle??!?
With givin duels for the last enemy standing, u show respect to the guy who managed to stay alive! (and for earlier comments: on EU_4 i didn´t really notice anyone who has hidden himself the hole round just to ask for duels at the end...just seen my old friendchers hiding and shooting or HA,HX delaying every round and piss others off...)
On the other hand, if u receive duels, the others show respect to u and it just feels nice.
No idea how it is on EU_1 but i can´t imagine any honourable behaviour is possible there...

I like to play on small Servers (EU_4 smallest left, since melee-server´s down...) because there are mostly the same guys around. When u get to know them a bit the most are very friendly and it´s nice to play with them. I think most guys who play there feel the same way. So if u see a "friend" out there, u don´t wanna gank him together with 5 others if u see he´s the only one left and can´t get any help.
The ones who do that and like that....well...it´s a matter of character....

So in my opinion, givin/receivin duels is no kind of e-peen thing. It´s just a part of good behaviour in a melee-roleplay-game.

Because others care a lot about their multi i have to AGREE that it should also be a part of good behaviour for the guy who receives duels, to throw his weapon away and let himself get killed from the last enemy of the group who granted the duels.
In that way the team who supposed to win doesnt loose their multi. From now on i will do it that way!

To make a rule that forbids the option of giving duels will piss off playes like me, and i guess i´m not the only one who thinks that way.

As the contra-duel-fraction guys say "go to EU_3" if u wanna duel, i can say don´t go to small servers if u just like to gank?!
For those who say "if i am dead, i don´t wanna wait the time the duels take" i could say there are so many HA, HX, my old friendchers who just come to small servers to piss people off [the words some HA-player from Bloody-clan said to me :( ] that delay every round what takes a hundred times longer then some nice duels (which are great fun to watch)!!

resumee:
Let duels take place if people want to duel!
Gank if u can´t leave it be (what makes all cute puppy´s and baby Kittens in the world cry) but don´t complain if people hate u and abuse u for that!
BUT IN GOATS NAME, DO NOT FORBID IT!

Wer von der Theorie der Quantenphysik nicht schockiert ist, hat sie nicht verstanden

Hail the mighty Goat

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2013, 12:02:38 am »
I am totally ok with not ganking the last enemy standing and giving him a fair chance to duel his way out. It is quite a nice way of playing the game.

But sometimes people will do it in the middle of the game and it becomes really annoying when they get mad at you if you enter the fight. And imo, it's not really cool to ban someone for stepping in. A kick would be ok only if the above is applicable and the involvement is plain blatant.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2013, 10:25:44 am »
+1
Admin BlueberryMuffin told me that dueling on battle server is okay and that if everyone agrees but not one player, whole bunch have the right to gank him (teamkill him) so that they can continue with dueling.

Even though that sounds like a joke, it also sounds pretty much like the mob mentality of CRPG. If it doesn't fit in with our builds, methods and tastes..... KILL IT!!
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2013, 10:39:15 am »
+1
Dueling is so... "I would like to be a hero" bullshit

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2013, 11:11:51 am »
+1
Even though that sounds like a joke, it also sounds pretty much like the mob mentality of CRPG. If it doesn't fit in with our builds, methods and tastes..... KILL IT!!
...cuz that's how we roll!  8-)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2013, 05:11:26 pm »
I always like to grant duels to the last one alive because it's a nice way of getting that one or two additional xp and gold tick.

Offline Sebi_is_Hero

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 139
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Mion_the_Grey, Aimicait & Velders_Mion_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Sebi_is_Hero
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2013, 03:25:18 pm »
I had the same situation....
Ramsus wanted a "Duel" czs. he was last alive , I tried to shot him and Sivlan jumped into my shots and Ironlake kicked him and said that it isn't allowed :/
What is right and what is wrong ?
Or is there a spezial rule ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2013, 04:30:42 pm »
You can shoot and attack anyone in any situation that is not your teammate, mion.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline oerput

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • cuckold
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Gooseberry
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »
seeing these anti-dueling posts in forum made me think about this community. why is such a big deal that allow a skilled player to lose in a fair fight ? after surviving the carnage on battlefield and noticing ur the last alive u just deserve something different than getting ganked by a bunch of nubs. anyway we are playing this game over and over with same maps and same ppl. letting something epic happen once in a while can bring some fun into the gameplay.
personally ı let duels even when it is 1 vs 2. not because ı wanted the glory of winning all by myself. ı let duels cause ı want that last guy to have a chance of winning and getting a great moment. after all thats why most players play this mod for a long time. for those little great moments of glory or whatever

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2013, 06:13:52 pm »
I'll ban duelers on sight (or maybe on a good day warn them before that). They are shitting on their own team and their fallen teammates who died to give them the number advantage. Throwing that away for crap duels is not acceptable to me.

That is against the rules.  Duels are allowed at the end.  Ganks are also allowed.  It is up to the individual player.  I would rather fight people in a 1v1 then with the horde.  I can fight without holding back and not worry about team wounds.  I have a way way way higher chance as a duelist myself finishing the last man standing very quickly and not taking damage then if my team helps me.  Even in team battles I try to avoid the cluster because my own team hits me non stop.  When we are down to our last 3 against 1 guy and I'm low n health you better believe I am standing way the fuck back because my own team makes me more nervous then the enemy. 

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2013, 09:31:12 pm »
I'll ban duelers on sight (or maybe on a good day warn them before that). They are shitting on their own team and their fallen teammates who died to give them the number advantage. Throwing that away for crap duels is not acceptable to me.

Do it! Do it! ban ban ban ban

+1

Duelling in battle servers are for antisocial lowlifers with no job or small penis , over and out .
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Sebi_is_Hero

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2013, 09:44:13 pm »
Yes Miwiw but if he jumps in my shot and report me than , am I allowed to starta a kick/ban poll then ?

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2013, 10:12:57 pm »
Yes Miwiw but if he jumps in my shot and report me than , am I allowed to starta a kick/ban poll then ?

That would be called griefing, so actually yes. However it's never worth to request a ban for a single situation like that. And it actually only rarely happens, so I wouldnt worry about that at all.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Sebi_is_Hero

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile