Author Topic: Dueling in battle servers  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 875
  • Infamy: 2529
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Dueling in battle servers
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:33:00 pm »
+2
I would like to hear overlords opinion on dueling on battle servers? I was banned for interrupting a duel by QMLing player who was standing still watching duel.

Admin BlueberryMuffin told me that dueling on battle server is okay and that if everyone agrees but not one player, whole bunch have the right to gank him (teamkill him) so that they can continue with dueling.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
Re: Dueling in battle servers
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:40:15 pm »
... dueling on battle server is okay and that if everyone agrees but not one player, whole bunch have the right to gank him (teamkill him) so that they can continue with dueling.

Hahahahaha, what.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2621
  • Infamy: 456
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:42:24 pm »
+2
Well ganking means that if he doesn't get the message, teamkill is neccessary, isn't it?

I just want rules to be clear, don't want admins bending the official rules the way they see fitting.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:47:56 pm »
+3
A quick glance at the rules banning intentional teamkilling should tell that it's not.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 08:52:45 pm »

Admin BlueberryMuffin told me that dueling on battle server is okay and that if everyone agrees but not one player, whole bunch have the right to gank him (teamkill him) so that they can continue with dueling.

you sure he wasn't joking? or you trolling? that's a stupid rule lol even if i find it funny :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2084
  • Infamy: 309
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 08:53:27 pm »
+1
That is what he told me. He was probably joking, but you never know.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 08:54:18 pm »
+3
If the last guy was givena chance and a right to duel by his enemies, after he kills all except one, duelist should allow last guy to execute him. Duelist had his duels and good manners demand from him to die. He could have been ganged but was allowed to duel and winning a round due to killing in duel the rest of the enemy team would be abuse. It's always a loss of sure-multi for people who have been ganging and dying in gang during whole round. I don't see why duelist should be so ungrateful to people that didn't gang him.

Obviously I'm talking about 6vs1, not 2vs1 when 1 of the teammates is dumb and not helping the other one. Also it's really hard to say when duelist should be grateful and when not. It's all based on common sense I guess, just like other important rules.

Skyrim UI

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 08:56:12 pm »
If the last guy was givena chance and a right to duel by his enemies, after he kills all except one, duelist should allow last guy to execute him. Duelist had his duels and good manners demand from him to die. He could have been ganged but was allowed to duel and winning a round due to killing in duel the rest of the enemy team would be abuse. It's always a loss of sure-multi for people who have been ganging and dying in gang during whole round. I don't see why duelist should be so ungrateful to people that didn't gang him.

Obviously I'm talking about 6vs1, not 2vs1 when 1 of the teammates is dumb and not helping the other one. Also it's really hard to say when duelist should be grateful and when not. It's all based on common sense I guess, just like other important rules.

i prefer fisting

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2266
  • Infamy: 220
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 08:58:00 pm »
+3
Well, one of the reasons why I play battle is because game mode rules which are team vs team. If I wanted to duel, I would be on duel server. I really want to hear official opinion on duels, because I don't thrust common sense of some admins we have.

Edit: For example, Idzo has Strat battle in 5 minutes. So he decides to teamkill half of his team. Fips make a ban thread which is ignored thanks to Tennenoth being Idzo's TS buddy. That is disgusting.

I want to play a game with neutral admins, I'm sick of that bullshit.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:01:47 pm by Leshma »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 09:57:22 pm »
+5
I would like to hear overlords opinion on dueling on battle servers? I was banned for interrupting a duel by QMLing player who was standing still watching duel.

Well you are gone anyhow, but no. If one guy doesn't agree to duel and wants to kill the last enemy, he can kill the last enemy. If he gets team killed so duels can go on, those who team kill will receive punishment for breaking the rules.

No intentional teamwounding/teamkilling during a round

The QML'ing of an active player is a separate issue.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 11:01:46 pm »
+7

Dueling is allowed, it's always been allowed and lot's of people like it and do it. I doubt that will ever change. However the second part is just bullshit, if one player doesn't want to duel, that player has every right to shoot, backstab or gank the lone survivor. Teamkilling that one player is very much against the rules and will get you insta banned if I'm on the server.

The above is my opinion and interpretation of the rules, however in this case I feel rather confident in saying the overlords will agree with me.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 12:00:20 am »
+3
I said that duels are perfectly acceptable, so long as everyone agrees. If one person doesnt want the duel to happen, they have every right to gank the dueling enemy.

Dont know where you got that last bit from, I wasnt even drunk and I remember it clearly. Ill check the logs tomorow sometime, prolly a miscommunication.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 12:06:32 am »
+8
There's a specific server for duelling.  Admins who allow players to clearly avoid combat for the sake of giving "duels" at the end of the rounds should have their powers revoked.

On Battle mode, I've seen far too many multipliers lost to players with a "sense of honour" (read: desire for epeen), with the NA badmins standing by, letting people fight one at a time.

Go to NA_3, where there are no multipliers at stake.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 12:07:47 am »
Edit: For example, Idzo has Strat battle in 5 minutes. So he decides to teamkill half of his team. Fips make a ban thread which is ignored thanks to Tennenoth being Idzo's TS buddy. That is disgusting.

Bullshit, I was there when that happened, Idzo tked Vincent and another templar a couple seconds before the round ends, I don`t know why fips was so butthurt about it though.

And Tenne is one of the fairest admins, and pretty strict to be honest.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 12:10:27 am »
+6
Who gives a shit if someone asks for a duel. People moan and whine when you gank someone instead of letting him duel. If you want a duel, head to the duel server.