Author Topic: Dueling in battle servers  (Read 3985 times)

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
Re: Dueling in battle servers
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 12:13:37 am »
Who gives a shit if someone asks for a duel. People moan and whine when you gank someone instead of letting him duel. If you want a duel, head to the duel server.

Normally the last people alive are good players and thats why they agree to duel, it`s like an unwritten law.

I always enjoy a duel with a good/better dueler than me that will judge which team will win the round, everyone wants his 2 minutes of fame  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 12:15:21 am »
+1
Normally the last people alive are good players and thats why they agree to duel, it`s like an unwritten law.

I always enjoy a duel with a good/better dueler than me that will judge which team will win the round, everyone wants his 2 minutes of fame  :wink:

I love being a rambo too, and I'm not saying you can't duel, but people bitch to much when you don't let them happen. And who the hell would decide the duel? 1vs 5-10 or however many people are on the other team, and you think everyone is going to agree to duel?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 12:18:55 am »
+23
I'll ban duelers on sight (or maybe on a good day warn them before that). They are shitting on their own team and their fallen teammates who died to give them the number advantage. Throwing that away for crap duels is not acceptable to me.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 12:20:04 am »
+4
Duelling is dead, fuck duelling.

This type of stroking of twohanders ego's will encourage them to be useless fucks the entire round so everybody can watch how awesome they are at the end.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 12:21:55 am »
+3
I spit on your e-honor duelers. Backstabing wins rounds gtfo with your duels

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 12:22:14 am »
+2
Hence why there needs an official ruling on this.  Admins should be enforcing standardized rules, not dealing out judgement on a sliding scale from practically encouraged to immediately banned.
Turtles

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 12:25:46 am »
Admin BlueberryMuffin told me that dueling on battle server is okay and that if everyone agrees but not one player, whole bunch have the right to gank him (teamkill him) so that they can continue with dueling.
We both know he never said that, I've seen a post which I believe was from CMP ages ago in a thread that eventually ended up in the spam section stating that the official opinion on dueling was something along the lines of:
Ironlake himself has stated that granting duels is fine but that you're not allowed to force your teammates into accepting it (jumping into/kicking ranged or just teamkilling them) and that it is no reason to poll/teamhit/rageqml/open a forum thread about leaving duels alone and then open a thread right afterwards about how you want to harras duels, and it has clearly been stated that not granting duels is no reason to qml someone and that telling you he's going to banthread is no reason to teamattack him.
(which is also ironlakes personal opinion).

Also:
Also, you're a known fucked in the head person, no one will take your opinion seriously (not claiming anyone will mine), you're one of the biggest hypocrites I've seen around here ever, but all in all, you're really just some odd prostitute with a dick instead of a pussy.
Bitch.

All you bitches crying about losing your multis 'cause you sucked hard and died and your teammates had the common decency to grant duels are pathetic, show some slight ingame respect for your opponents, there are a few horseranged who get off their horse as the last guy and then get ganked, next round they fairly enough (is still dickish behavior) kite until MotF gets pulled up.

To all the guys saying "if you want duels go EU_3" I fully agree, if I want to duel every player I go EU_3, however "If you want to gank the last guy because you hunger for epeen and a slight advantage in grinding an endless useless amount of exp then go EU_1 were everyone are like that anyway.". Leshma, you also damn well fucking know that a large amount of EU_4 players who also tend to stay alive 'till the end want duels, yet you come over here and bitch about our behavior while grieifing poor XyNox and making constant threads about how our server needs to be shut down.

This type of stroking of twohanders ego's will encourage them to be useless fucks the entire round so everybody can watch how awesome they are at the end.
No one who does that gets granted duels ever, mostly among decent crowds they'll duel the second last guy and gank the regular last one.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 12:27:30 am »
If all living players want it, then I don't see a problem. I don't like getting end-rounds duels, though.

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 12:31:52 am »
+4
I was banned for interrupting a duel by QMLing player who was standing still watching duel.

I sense QQing
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 12:34:22 am »
I sense QQing
What's funny is that he conveniently leaves out teamhitting him three times intentionall during the course of two rounds and acts like he was banned just for the qml.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 12:36:55 am »
I'll ban duelers on sight (or maybe on a good day warn them before that). They are shitting on their own team and their fallen teammates who died to give them the number advantage. Throwing that away for crap duels is not acceptable to me.

Duelling is dead, fuck duelling.

I spit on your e-honor duelers. Backstabing wins rounds gtfo with your duels

I don't mean to be offensive, but you are sad.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 12:41:33 am »
+1
This is why I miss OOtL's server where if a person was the last alive and asked for duels, the request had to be honored. If you didn't like it, you didn't have to go to the server. I loved it especially since I had recently gone to crpg from native and was used to duels at the end of rounds.

That being said though, I have no problems with duels in regular battle servers and I like to see them happen. However it doesn't mean that the duel will happen since it cannot be enforced.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 12:46:08 am »
+2
I don't mean to be offensive, but you are sad.

Right, they really need to invent the sarcasm symbol. This is getting silly

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 01:32:41 am »
+1
Leshma stop making up excuses. You misbehaved and then lied when being accused of it. Just be glad it was just 12 hours.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 01:34:36 am »