Author Topic: Redistribution of Heirlooms  (Read 6999 times)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: Redistribution of Heirlooms
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 11:34:56 pm »
As I can no longer play a crossbow/sword & board hybrid, I would love to replace either my crossbow or my sword. Maybe finally give in and become a thrower like everyone else. That's the only ranged hybrid still possible.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 11:42:40 pm »
As I can no longer play a crossbow/sword & board hybrid, I would love to replace either my crossbow or my sword. Maybe finally give in and become a thrower like everyone else. That's the only ranged hybrid still possible.

Ranged hybrid with 4 ammo :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 11:44:58 pm »
Edit - I was hasty in my despair, and am sorry for that. I did not realize the slot system was based on balance, not logical item sizes. Still, an heirloom reset is definitely still needed.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:36:41 am by Gristle »

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 12:13:17 am »
I cant even use my long hafted blade anymore. It went up 3 str requirement points. So im stuck with 2,5 million xp left to grind with slow as shit xp gain with a freakin warspear. My lhb did get an extra free heirloom though. So I'm all for a stat reset too.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 12:15:34 am »
And now I discover my other heirloom, heavy round shield, has had its stats changed so that I can't use it either...
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Arked

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • You own every word you speak.
    • View Profile
    • ShogunateTV
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Arked
  • IRC nick: Arked
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 12:20:41 pm »
Yes please, i cant use my heirlooms together anymore (2h + xbow).

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 12:35:26 pm »
I'm not really in favor of letting people that heirloomed their SS/bar mace/long iron mace/greatsword/heavy lance/long list of other equipment that was imba... go away without paying for their good times abusing broken heirloom modifiers.

It would not help people that did not exploited it (apart from some strange "balance" changes concerning weapons that weren't even op or the slot system making some combinations impossible i.e. 1h + shield + xbow). So that's all in all not really a good idea.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 12:35:42 pm »
For me (Roxtanos) the heirloom was a key part of my playing style, not just a bit of an extra buff. I chose to use a Thick Heavy Round Shield instead of the usual Huscarl Shield for style and a little less weight (maybe it makes a difference and maybe it doesn't) Note that its stats, apart from weight, are still not as good as a non-heirloomed Huscarl. I gave myself 3 Shield. My heirloomed shield is now unusable because the requirement was raised to 4. To continue as a shielder I would have to fall back on using the lower tier of cardboard shields and run like Hell away from anyone with an axe, or switch to being a polearm user with 73 wpf...

Can we have a character reset please? My build is now broken.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 01:02:10 pm »
I'm running around with a normal Hafted blade because my LHB is now unuseable due to 15 str req, where I have 14. I don't see how the str requirements are justified for a weapon with only 40 cut damage at masterwork.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2011, 01:34:52 pm »
1+ to free heirloom reset without loss of items
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mamba
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2011, 01:45:53 pm »
I would like a heirloom respec too. Maybe chadz could implement a heirloom respec you can actually buy. Like reset a weapon for 5K gold and get the heirlooms back.
Also had another idea before which would make retirement kind of useless but much better for newcomers, and less grind for everybody.

Make weapons upgradeable by buying heirlooms.
Or let us buy +1,+2,+3 weapons with incrementing costs, like +1  2x price, +2 4xprice, +3 6xprice

Some people might see this as a disadvantage to the nature of crpg, but I think the generation system is more like a mount&blade thing than character development. We can still build characters with different builds and respec them with retirement and heirloom respec.

I very liked the fact in dark age of camelot to swap my character builds from time to time to have some diversity other than pulling another character to max level.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 01:48:35 pm by Mamba »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2011, 01:59:49 pm »
For me (Roxtanos) the heirloom was a key part of my playing style, not just a bit of an extra buff. I chose to use a Thick Heavy Round Shield instead of the usual Huscarl Shield for style and a little less weight (maybe it makes a difference and maybe it doesn't) Note that its stats, apart from weight, are still not as good as a non-heirloomed Huscarl. I gave myself 3 Shield. My heirloomed shield is now unusable because the requirement was raised to 4. To continue as a shielder I would have to fall back on using the lower tier of cardboard shields and run like Hell away from anyone with an axe, or switch to being a polearm user with 73 wpf...

Can we have a character reset please? My build is now broken.

That would actually be better IMO. A complete wipe. But it will be needed to be done again if we don't change the retirement requirements ASAP. People that play much will still go exponentially faster than others. Changing the bonus from 10% to 3% just makes it slower to be noticed.

A simple xp curve change that would make each retirement slower but the first 30 levels faster is the way to go. That is really what we wanted with retirement. A simple system would be : when you reach level 30, you can choose to start accumulating experience for retiring and not leveling. The amount of xp needed to retire that way would increase (faster than the xp bonus) at each generation, making it harder to retire again, but easier to reach level 30. It wasn't possible to retire in two days before v0.200, and that was working very well (except the wpf bonus). v0.200 removed all the retirement limits except the level, allowing people to retire faster and faster. It wasn't like that before, many people didn't even retire once. Those that concentrated on retiring as much as possible during months didn't even reached gen 15 because the gold costs were high enough to slow then down a lot after gen 10 (100k was then extremely slow to get).

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2011, 02:01:39 pm »
I'm running around with a normal Hafted blade because my LHB is now unuseable due to 15 str req, where I have 14. I don't see how the str requirements are justified for a weapon with only 40 cut damage at masterwork.

Maybe because it's going so fast it skips half the frames ? Hopefully it changed with the new modifiers. And frankly, "only" 40 cut ? lol ?

Offline Tungsten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2011, 02:50:59 pm »
I think it would be a kind gesture to players that if all heirlooms weren't reset, we were allowed to select an item and reset the heirlooming on it. I know a lot of people are unable to use items in the current builds and if a full reset isn't what the developers would see as best, I think this might be a good between point as people with a large amount of heirlooms woulnd't get to do a full reset of their stuff and new players aren't shafted by requirement changes.
Tungsten_ATS