Author Topic: Redistribution of Heirlooms  (Read 7004 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: Redistribution of Heirlooms
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2011, 03:23:03 am »
My first gen was 1hand/shield, second polearms, third 1hand archer, and the one I'm on now, 4th, is polearm. Even before the patch I wish I could have redone my MW LEE for a MW Iron Staff instead.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Moofed

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • LET'S PLAY MONEY MAKING GAME
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2011, 03:28:46 am »
When the new site came up I thought we had gotten heirloom reimbursements since my espada was gone.  But I was just fooled by the new retirement screen.  Hope we get 'loom credit!

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2011, 10:03:41 am »
Btw all my 2 looms  :lol: are tottaly retarded and pretty much useles so eitherway i idc what chadz gonna do :lol:

Yes that makes your opinion totally unbiased!

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2011, 10:49:21 am »
i dont mind a redistribution of heirlooms but i know every1 and their mother will go polearm then  :rolleyes:

no...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2011, 02:41:39 pm »
Yes that makes your opinion totally unbiased!

Hehe i know  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2011, 02:47:39 pm »
bad argument... what about those who used the weapons because it fit their style? and why would non-rp'ing players choose a weaker weapon just for fun? dont punish them for inbalanced items, taht just pure bullshit.

and how was heavy lance 'imba'? it was the only logic option for any cav...

I don't know (and I think no one does) the amount of people that respec and chose their heirlooms in function of the latest trendy OP weapon. It is certainly non-zero given how barmaces invaded the servers when v0.200 came out. TBH I would like those people not to be able to choose their heirlooms again (because they "enjoyed" it enough allready, and because they will very likely do the same thing with another weapon this time). But it's impossible to tell those guys and others apart. So either way there are problems.

About the heavy lance, it was (and sadly still is because of this "hotfix") the only viable option for cav. While not being imba in it's normal state, it clearly is when masterworked. Add a champion sarranid horse on top of that, and you really are miles away from the non-heirloomed combo.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2011, 03:01:32 pm »
masterwork heavy lance adds 1 speed and 2 dmg, giving it 1 more dmg and still 14 less speed than a regular lance... and that is the MASTERWORKED heavy lance.

You get all that on the rgular lance for only -10 length.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2011, 03:02:03 pm »
(click to show/hide)

i choose my set of weapons and gear 8 months ago when i started playing crpg after 1 week nativ. At that point i had no clue what would be op what not i just choose style and stats which were available on the website. Now all my weapons and my shield got nerfed, any heirloomed i got i was happy about it, not that a heirloomed bamboo spear f.e. made a big difference in a 1h/shield build but at least i could hold the cavs a little bit of my a**. Now i can choose between pure 1h/shield with my heirloomed stuff or going with awlpike and knightly heater which aren't heirloomed and i would have to invest another 6 generations. That with the current XP gain ... no way. I am frustrated. If you care or not the combination of heirloom and xp nerf is something what the majority of the 30+ members in my clan consider something worth changing if not from the devs then from us in form of quitting.

EDIT: BTW Caladria Antica nice mod
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:04:09 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2011, 03:40:48 pm »
I'd love this, i have 12 heirlooms and i currently use none...

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2011, 04:50:37 pm »
Yeah we need a redistribution!!! chadzZ PLZZ!!!!!  :P
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Galgorth

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2011, 05:20:33 pm »
YES

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2011, 05:20:46 pm »
Would really love redistribution of heirlooms
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Zanthos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: White Company
  • Game nicks: Zanthos_WCo
  • IRC nick: Zanthos
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2011, 05:24:01 pm »
I'd like this OR the experience changed back. As it is, I don't feel like there is much incentive to retire anymore even though I'd really like to change quite a few of my heirlooms. There were stat changes across the board (expected), and a few heirloomed items went missing (def not expected)... but with those changes AND a cap to the experience gain, I seriously don't see myself considering retirement for the sake of heirlooming new items to use... and unfortunately I won't be using too many of my existing heirlooms either. I'm logging how long it takes to hit 31 this time... and if it's anything like what the math calculations say... I may be sticking with what I have.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2011, 02:10:50 am »
I don't know (and I think no one does) the amount of people that respec and chose their heirlooms in function of the latest trendy OP weapon. It is certainly non-zero given how barmaces invaded the servers when v0.200 came out. TBH I would like those people not to be able to choose their heirlooms again (because they "enjoyed" it enough allready, and because they will very likely do the same thing with another weapon this time). But it's impossible to tell those guys and others apart. So either way there are problems.
Well, if there is to be this redistribution, it should happen as soon as possible before everyone discovers what the new OP weapon is (if there is one) I heirloomed a Long Espada because of its length - I was playing cavalry at the time - and then a Heavy Round Shield so that it became nearly as good as a Huscarl. I don't really think I could be accused of choosing trendy OP weapons.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2011, 02:25:29 am »
Well, if there is to be this redistribution, it should happen as soon as possible before everyone discovers what the new OP weapon is (if there is one) I heirloomed a Long Espada because of its length - I was playing cavalry at the time - and then a Heavy Round Shield so that it became nearly as good as a Huscarl. I don't really think I could be accused of choosing trendy OP weapons.

Nice setup btw i take it it allows u to get some decent PS??  i have rly gottan tired of my 1h alt lol i feel like hitting thin air with 6 ps..  :lol: