Author Topic: Yo Occitan!  (Read 19841 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: Yo Occitan!
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2013, 10:11:07 pm »
+3
Yep. Was accepted to roster, was there for roll call, and when it finished I was like "Wait, I didn't hear my name.." and apparently had been removed from the roster while roll-call was going on or minutes prior to it.

I guess I just couldn't make the KUTT
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2013, 10:20:23 pm »
+3
I was also disappointed not to make it on the roster, but I totally understand.  I'm level 31, but only 19 strength and it was a siege.  I'm not a thrower, crossbow or archer. And I'm not a strength crutcher, so I'm not a priority.  Still think I'm a good 1h/shield (or polearms) fighter as you can ask the people who were continually rolling x1 last night so I could keep my x5 going for hours.  certainly wouldn't have done as bad as blackzilla (yes I went there...sorry buddy)

Always welcome on our roster if you want Huseby
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2013, 10:32:18 pm »
Not enough cav so far.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2013, 10:36:36 pm »
+1
Always welcome on our roster if you want Huseby

Good to know, figured by that point you guys were already full too.  I'll have to start signing up for you guys since arowaine doesn't love me :(  (I understand picking rosters is very difficult, there's usually way more people you want to get on than are able to, and I have no hard feelings)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline SucculentHeadCrab

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • m(_ _)m
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bonsai, Hot_Coldman, Resting_Witch_Face
« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2013, 11:13:22 pm »
+4
Good to know, figured by that point you guys were already full too.  I'll have to start signing up for you guys since arowaine doesn't love me :(  (I understand picking rosters is very difficult, there's usually way more people you want to get on than are able to, and I have no hard feelings)

Alright, next field battle Huseby I will personally guarantee that you will get on the roster.  Just tell them that you are with Bonsai.    :mrgreen:

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2013, 11:38:06 pm »
+4
Castle/town defenses are the only time xbows have time to shine, you str classes get every other fight :(
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2013, 11:50:10 pm »
+9
Yep. Was accepted to roster, was there for roll call, and when it finished I was like "Wait, I didn't hear my name.." and apparently had been removed from the roster while roll-call was going on or minutes prior to it.

I guess I just couldn't

8-)

make the KUTT

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2013, 01:09:11 am »
+3
long live the northern empire
Malaclypse: now every time I eat them I think about her that girl's snatch
Malaclypse: it tortures me
That Guy: wat

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2013, 01:53:07 am »
+2
I was also disappointed not to make it on the roster, but I totally understand.  I'm level 31, but only 19 strength and it was a siege.  I'm not a thrower, crossbow or archer. And I'm not a strength crutcher, so I'm not a priority.  Still think I'm a good 1h/shield (or polearms) fighter as you can ask the people who were continually rolling x1 last night so I could keep my x5 going for hours.  certainly wouldn't have done as bad as blackzilla (yes I went there...sorry buddy)
Haha, I was going 3-1 until I deced 7 times in a row :/  Then I just gave up trying and just sat in the gate house for the rest of the game. Normally I average a high score and I'm pretty sure I go positive in every even fight. And there were people who did worse than me! We can duel if I need to defend my internet honor.  :lol:

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2013, 02:25:29 am »
+2
Yeah I wouldn't remove a merc at that point unless he was like level 20 and European, even then maybe not. Clan members have responsibility also to show up on time their spot isn't guaranteed if they show up at last second.

evrery clan has their own rules i guess we just have different policy.
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2013, 08:31:06 pm »
+2

I can relate to Arowaine on this. I've got a few members in my clan that are both new to strategus battles and new to the game in general. Of course, they do quite badly. They're team players so they'll watch the forward base and flags all day if I give the word, but they still aren't cold-blooded killers.

However, they'll be on Fimbulvetr rosters every time unless they're grossly underleveled. Like I've said in the past, if I'm going to engineer and lead a good portion of the battle, you'll probably have to take my shittiest clan members (who I think are pretty neat regardless). You always need good folks to watch your equipment, archers, and spawn anyway.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2013, 08:58:42 pm »
Haha, I was going 3-1 until I deced 7 times in a row :/  Then I just gave up trying and just sat in the gate house for the rest of the game. Normally I average a high score and I'm pretty sure I go positive in every even fight. And there were people who did worse than me! We can duel if I need to defend my internet honor.  :lol:

Well I concede my point, you won the duel and I take back what I said.  I didn't see the battle in question, just heard you had a terrible score (and I was just kidding in the post I made earlier).  Although our duel lasted was getting very boring after the 3rd or 4th minute of nobody dying, and you're a dirty strength crutcher (aka anybody with more strength than me), I will concede the point and consider it settled.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2013, 09:03:51 pm »
+3

Every clan is free to do as they like, but some practices will alienate much of the community.  Of course, a language barrier or even an accent can as well.  I think Occitan is somewhat used to it and they've had pretty good success despite using what others would not consider best practices.  I commend them for that.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2013, 11:28:00 pm »
+3
Every clan is free to do as they like, but some practices will alienate much of the community.  Of course, a language barrier or even an accent can as well.  I think Occitan is somewhat used to it and they've had pretty good success despite using what others would not consider best practices.  I commend them for that.

word
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2013, 02:24:47 am »
+2
Well I concede my point, you won the duel and I take back what I said.  I didn't see the battle in question, just heard you had a terrible score (and I was just kidding in the post I made earlier).  Although our duel lasted was getting very boring after the 3rd or 4th minute of nobody dying, and you're a dirty strength crutcher (aka anybody with more strength than me), I will concede the point and consider it settled.
Haha yea, my score was in like 300's overall but you couldn't tell since I kept disconnecting. :p I knew you were kidding! But I am boring duelist now that I'm 1h.