Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 99710 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #1065 on: June 23, 2015, 06:59:18 pm »
Yea, on medium difficulty you can go for looks only on armor really.
Same for the skill set... just skill what you think is fun and stylish.

That's how I do it and works well for me.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 23, 2015, 07:12:06 pm »
+1
I find you get super OP after level 15ish anyway and it doesn't really matter what you do, everything works.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 23, 2015, 08:54:57 pm »
Like in many newer games normal difficulty seems like what used to be easy difficulty, especially if you take quests with the lowest levels first before higher level ones. Of course people should just play like they want but as Blood and Broken Bones seems like normal difficulty I would recommend this as a starting point to anyone starting the game, then Death March after getting some levels, also depending on if you like to take quests below or above your level.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:13:49 am by Angantyr »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 23, 2015, 11:36:20 pm »
+1
2 skills which I find really usefull and which can be easily overlooked: acquired tolerance and frenzy. The former for one skill point and one slot increases toxicity up to ~200, letting you use 2 decoctions and a few potions at the same time. And frenzy turns on slow motion when mobs are about to counterattack which happens quite often. Your toxicity has to be above 0, but thanks to acquired tolerance I have one decoction running all the time.

I find you get super OP after level 15ish anyway and it doesn't really matter what you do, everything works.

At my current lvl - 16 - and on death march difficulty I don't find myself "super OP". Granted, normal mobs which are on the same lvl as my Geralt aren't really hard to kill, they feel more like on "normal" difficulty, but big monsters which I encounter give me a hard time most of the time  :wink: Just tried to kill some lvl 19 golem and had to give up, cause it takes more than 5 minutes to kill him while he kills me in one hit   :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 24, 2015, 02:26:35 am »
Yes, many monsters above your level are challenging on Death March, especially beyond level range. Even enemies slightly lower level than Geralt if in large groups or under the right circumstances, a group of level 20 monsters can be a tough fight for a level 22, for example.

Concerning armor, Ursine is also a good choice for an adrenaline build, sacrificing the better offense of Feline armor and some stamina regen (negligible for adrenaline build anyway) for high armor rating and a very good resistance to damage from monsters. Good with the skills Undying, Whirl, Rend and Flood of Anger. Looks nice aswell, if you like surcoats.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:47:54 am by Angantyr »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 24, 2015, 09:06:47 am »
I think the main problem, difficulty-wise, is that after you hit those higher levels you'll only very rarely find monsters above your level. The good thing is that it seems like you'll never truly be immune to even low level monsters, at least if you don't wear the very best heavy armors, so you'll still have to pay at least some attention in those fights.

I think heavy armors might be too good, actually. After I crafted the Ursine set the combat has been very forgiving.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #1071 on: June 24, 2015, 01:22:30 pm »
I'm level 16 in Novigrad, doing the treasure quest along with a bunch of side quests and have to say nothing there is even remotely challenging. Even did a couple of higher level quests when I was still level 13 and breezed through them. The most challenging thing I've found so far is stumbling across level 20-25 monsters in Velen at those question mark. I was one shotting a good number of the witch hunters during that quest chain. May have to raise the difficulty. Being able to meditate any time I want, even smack bang in the middle of a quest with an NCP standing there waiting, makes things a bit piece of piss.

Something that actually pissed me off a little bit though is the fact that in Velen there can be multiple question mark locations with low level monsters and then right next to them there's one with a level 25 monster. It just means I'm going to have to spend time coming back there much later if I want to go through it all which seems a little bit silly. Some of the monsters should be difficult there, but not impossible until much later in the game.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:26:05 pm by Overdriven »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #1072 on: June 24, 2015, 02:19:46 pm »
+2
Like in many newer games normal difficulty seems like what used to be easy difficulty, especially if you take quests with the lowest levels first before higher level ones.

I think it's more about the game getting easier as you progress, when it used to be the exact opposite.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #1073 on: June 24, 2015, 03:21:53 pm »
I love doing this.
(click to show/hide)
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 24, 2015, 03:56:26 pm »
caster witcher visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #1075 on: June 24, 2015, 06:40:07 pm »
caster witcher visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nah. This is the only one i got along with Delusion 3. Rest of the points are on swordsmanship.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #1076 on: June 24, 2015, 07:50:25 pm »
Doing a second playthrough now. Really despise the main quest, I wish there was a way to delete it.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 24, 2015, 11:43:53 pm »
Doing a second playthrough now. Really despise the main quest, I wish there was a way to delete it.

It's not as good as nr 2. (hehe) but it ends with adequate satisfaction. :)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 27, 2015, 11:48:57 am »
+1
http://imgur.com/a/9GLKn?third_party=1#_=_

Some really cool screenshots.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 27, 2015, 01:08:16 pm »
+1
Have any of you collected the Viper School set? Can't seem to find any pictures of it anywhere.

Collecting Wolf School currently. Don't like the vest much but the MW is at least mostly black and brown in color. Wish the Cat School gear wasn't so blue (at least it's blue and red like a 18th century Prussian uniform) and clean because I like the model, especially the Superior Feline Armor, basically just a brigandine and some high boots, but Ursine and Wolven looks more like witcher gear.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:12:29 am by Angantyr »