Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 112510 times)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #825 on: May 30, 2015, 05:45:01 pm »
+2
Some people in the Witcher forums tested the xp reward difference between difficulties and they say it's the same in all of them.

And if difficulty means enemies will endure more hits and Geralt less, and nothing else, then that's for whoever likes it. It would be cool to have a difficulty system where the harder you set it, the better the enemy AI, instead of just changing the hp of one or the other. It reminds me of Skyrim.

I hope they make a mod where, not only Geralt is deadlier with his attacks, but also the enemies. As in two swings could kill a human enemy, and two swings could kill Geralt as well. Hardcore!

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 30, 2015, 05:54:07 pm »
I hope they make a mod where, not only Geralt is deadlier with his attacks, but also the enemies. As in two swings could kill a human enemy, and two swings could kill Geralt as well. Hardcore!

Yeah. Thats making the difficulty setting fun. Doing it like Skyrim and giving enemies in extreme difficulty retardedly high hp which you have to swing at for 30 minutes to lower is completely lame and lazy. Than the difficulty isnt in strategy, but how long you last til you get bored. Increasing damage output on char and enemy however is more difficulty in a way that it forces you to use your reflexes better, due to faster and more dangerous combat.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 30, 2015, 06:54:00 pm »
I don't know, this is pretty much how it is for me on Blood and Broken Bones right now. Especially if you just use the starter armor or whatever.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 30, 2015, 08:49:48 pm »
+1
There's already mod which slows down the leveling speed, sadly it doesn't work with existing saves.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/40/?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #829 on: May 30, 2015, 10:19:53 pm »
+1
Doing this felt good.

(click to show/hide)
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 30, 2015, 11:43:15 pm »
+1
Two different people took screens from the same quest

http://i.imgur.com/qesJJVE.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/97MCxIv.jpg
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 31, 2015, 12:08:06 am »
+1
dont wanna give this game up so I'm trying to squeeze more life out by start a alchemy only run

its a harder path but aparently gets pretty op later also splosions

http://gfycat.com/AbsoluteWelcomeDog

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 31, 2015, 12:25:08 am »
+3
Have these been photoshopped?

No idea.

On an unrelated note (somewhat)

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/37vi7f/thank_you_cdpr_a_billion_times_over/
http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/37trgb/one_of_the_best_games_in_25_years/

I echo these sentiments, really. Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever made, period. It has its weaknesses to be sure, but you can just see the developers cared about the world and the game and that they wanted to make a good game, not just milk a cash cow. The amount of content is mindblowing and what's more, the quality of the content. They could've gotten away with so, so much less. This sets the bar extremely high for the next Elder Scrolls game... and for any RPG to follow.

What pulls down the subjective score for me is that I'm not a massive fan of Geralt or the setting. I like him at times, but quite often he's very bland and wishy-washy.

If it allowed you to play your own character it'd be a lot better (in theory), but part of what makes TW3 so good is that it's all well voice-acted and the quests can feel personal and make a lot of sense because CDPR knew the character they were writing them for. DA:I, for example, lets you play any character you want but because of all the possibilities they had to account for it never really felt fleshed out, so meh, I dunno.

High hopes for Cyberpunk, though, I prefer sci-fi too..
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #834 on: May 31, 2015, 01:02:08 am »
+1
I wish there wasn't so much incentive to specialize in 1 tree, 2 at max.
If I mix up my talents, I won't be able to reach the cool skills nor will I be able to even use all my talents due to the secondary "tree" for activation.

I dunno. I feel kinda robbed of the possibility to be a decent jack of all trades. On the other hand... I haven't been higher than lvl 12 yet :D

How many extra skill points are there besides those 5 early on from power places?

Edit:
http://gamingbolt.com/cd-projekt-red-consoles-made-witcher-3-possible

“If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3 as it is,” said the studio’s co-founder Marcin Iwinski, definitively. “We can lay it out that simply. We just cannot afford it, because consoles allow us to go higher in terms of the possible or achievable sales; have a higher budget for the game, and invest it all into developing this huge, gigantic world.

“Developing only for the PC: yes, probably we could get more [in terms of graphics] as there would be nothing else – they would be so focused, like if we would develop only on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. But then we cannot afford such a game.”

I'm unsure if I should believe that statement or put it under PR blabber.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:11:26 am by Molly »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 31, 2015, 01:29:32 am »
+1
Why shouldn't you believe it? It seems like common sense to me. If they were making it PC only and were expecting 1.5 million* sales then it wouldn't make sense to invest 100 millions into the game. On the other hand, if they can expect 10 million sales from the combined platform sales, then investing more money makes more sense.

*numbers made up
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 31, 2015, 01:52:13 am »
+1
"If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3 as it is,” said the studio’s co-founder Marcin Iwinski, definitively. “We can lay it out that simply. We just cannot afford it, because consoles allow us to go higher in terms of the possible or achievable sales; have a higher budget for the game, and invest it all into developing this huge, gigantic world.

“Developing only for the PC: yes, probably we could get more [in terms of graphics] as there would be nothing else – they would be so focused, like if we would develop only on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. But then we cannot afford such a game.”

I'm unsure if I should believe that statement or put it under PR blabber.

Seems like one of the only instances of developers actually being honest about this stuff. Mostly people think what determines how cutting edge a game's graphics are is the hardware, but the biggest limiting factor is money. Sony/MS can pump hundreds of millions into making console exclusives look as good as physically possible, since they will still profit longterm from it.

Whereas its simply not profitable for PC devs to put as much investment in pushing graphics to hardware's limit. Last big budget PC exclusive to push graphics was like crysis 1, next one will be star citizen.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 31, 2015, 02:43:41 am »
+1
Thing about TW3's huge world is that pretty much every nook and cranny seems hand-crafted, there's so much detail, even in "middle-of-nowhere" places. That alone takes tons of time.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 31, 2015, 04:35:23 am »
Appearantly, Zoltan´s idea of cleaning involves spitting the shit out of the place.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 31, 2015, 10:09:31 am »
+1
Key bindings give me a headache in this game...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login