Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 112211 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #810 on: May 30, 2015, 01:23:22 am »
yes, I rebound it to tab, its lock on target in the keybind menu
But can you change the target seamlessly or do you have to hit Tab again and again? That's my question.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 30, 2015, 01:35:29 am »
But can you change the target seamlessly or do you have to hit Tab again and again? That's my question.
You have to hit tab or whatever key you have it bound to everytime to change target. I don't quite understand what you mean by seamlessly though.

And about my last post, I closed game relogged and just had to start from my last save, that was relief.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #812 on: May 30, 2015, 10:51:58 am »
+1
Most annoying thing I have noticed yet:
When you wanna attack humans, you can't start blocking even with the sword ready until Geralt reaches some kind of distance trigger and goes into combat ready stance... all the while some fucking archer is already shooting at me... and since I can't block, I can't de-/reflect the arrows. That's bullshit...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 30, 2015, 12:04:43 pm »
+2
Always dodge.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 30, 2015, 12:06:42 pm »
+1
The target is changed when I am still facing my opponent and not moving the mouse. Maybe I step back and so the target changes, but I don't know. I know for sure that I don't move the mouse and the game changes my target sometimes.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 30, 2015, 12:38:58 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)
Hahaha. Endless candle igniting and extinguishing.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 30, 2015, 01:18:07 pm »
http://i.imgur.com/AnPOr3t.jpg

The special strong attack makes this happen a lot. The part nearer to the camera looks kind of delicious.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 30, 2015, 01:49:33 pm »
By the way it's still far from perfect.

Sure, it's not perfect, but... In terms of mechanics Dark souls had better combat I think, but because of some reasons I didn't enjoy it that much. W3 more chaotic and fast paced combat suits me better. At least so far. 

Found him, respecced to this

http://i.imgur.com/ADoDCtN.jpg

The dodging DR reduction thing seemed useless so I went full strong/fast build, makes the combat a bit more fun when you vary the attacks (and it's worth it) instead of just smashing mouse 1.

Thinking about something similar, depending only on 1 kind of attack can become a bit dull after a while I guess. Though I'll skip arrow deflection and will take adrenaline based skills from general skills tree and, in very far future, flood of anger. Looks like really cool skil.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 30, 2015, 02:35:31 pm »
Combat isn't first rate but it is still alot of fun. its SUCH an improvement on witcher 2/1, I hated combat in those games and was concerned combat would be worst thing in witcher 3 but it ain't

its the bloody level system. your probably better off doing only main quests on 1 character, then doing only side quests on 2nd character, etc. otherwise everything just becomes a complete cakewalk because your higher level than everything

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #819 on: May 30, 2015, 02:45:12 pm »
PEPE LOVES LOOKS IN THIS GAME !

GO TO SKELLIGE !

LET'S HAVE A PARTY WITH TRISS THE BITCH !

LET'S SAIL LIKE POPEYE !

LET'S GET THE AMAZING CAT LIGHT ARMOR !

I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 30, 2015, 02:48:46 pm »
its the bloody level system. your probably better off doing only main quests on 1 character, then doing only side quests on 2nd character, etc. otherwise everything just becomes a complete cakewalk because your higher level than everything

Even on Death march difficulty? I've heard somewhere that you gain less xp/level slower on Death march. Dunno if that's true.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 30, 2015, 03:40:17 pm »
Even on Death march difficulty? I've heard somewhere that you gain less xp/level slower on Death march. Dunno if that's true.

Well I did switch from blood and bones to death march, I'm guessing at about level 18 or so and im 33 now. I think some of the later main quests give you oodles of exp, like I was getting a whole 20+ level per quest.

theres so much side content in this game tho if you wanted to do everything on one character you are gona be overleveled quickly. maybe you could avoid all main quest and do contacts/sidequests without overleveling, I can't say for sure.

but I've seen extremely little quest/contracts which are around level 30, and the ones I did find I'm sure I could have done at lower level.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #822 on: May 30, 2015, 04:34:22 pm »
+1
Maybe if you'd stop overanalyzing every little tiny bit of the game mechanics and avoid min-max'ing and instead went for a less specialized and more versatile character build, you wouldn't feel "overleveled"... just a thought...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 30, 2015, 05:00:27 pm »
Indeed. Going for sign/sword skilltree combo is like the best idea ever, which im quessing everybody already knows. Quen 2nd level skill for instance allows you to maintain a barriershield around you and when enemies take a swing at you, you regenerate hp. Its a really good skill that gives asston of hp in the middle of combat, but you have to plan getting it up at the right time, or else you might lose more hp than gain after it breaks.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 30, 2015, 05:14:14 pm »
+1
Maybe if you'd stop overanalyzing every little tiny bit of the game mechanics and avoid min-max'ing and instead went for a less specialized and more versatile character build, you wouldn't feel "overleveled"... just a thought...

Well even if I wasn't level system would still be broken, and I would still be level 33 with nothing to do but tons of low level quests. Even the casualist of casuals will eventually get to the same point I'm in, especially if lower difficult awards more exp.

I could use console to level down, but I enjoy being set a challenge and figuring out how to beat it.

I'm trying a death march, main quest only, pure signs playthrough. Fun so far, going to go remove my long post about signs because looking at the character stats page I realised some of what I wrote about signs was wrong, and I CBA to rewrite it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:19:07 pm by Banok »