Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 112505 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #780 on: May 29, 2015, 11:52:41 am »
Jup, all armors kinda look like crap on Gerald. Finally masterworked my cat armor. This is what the best(afaik) light armor in the game looks like:
(click to show/hide)
Meh. Bit underwhelming might I add. Would recommend respecing and making a heavy armor character and going for bear armor. Which probably looks the best in its final form.
Bear looks great in all its forms. But you don't need to "make a heavy armor character"... just get the best light attack parts, grab the Bear talent, grab some strong attack talents and you're done. Now you can use both attacks effectively.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 29, 2015, 12:06:46 pm »
Except no 25% damage bonus for the light attacks you would gain when using full light armor also really crappy stamina regain which cripples your chances to spam quen more. Also strong attacks suck when fighting anybody who isnt holding block for very long. But yea, overall, you dont need to make a heavy armor char. There isnt that much difference.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 29, 2015, 12:15:37 pm »
+1
I went full light armor/light attacks only too. Spamming light attacks seems to be really effective, specially in 1v1 against nonbosses. Beat a level 15 Alghoul with a level 3 or 4 char just by spamming light attacks and chainstunning him.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 29, 2015, 12:40:58 pm »
Except no 25% damage bonus for the light attacks you would gain when using full light armor also really crappy stamina regain which cripples your chances to spam quen more. Also strong attacks suck when fighting anybody who isnt holding block for very long. But yea, overall, you dont need to make a heavy armor char. There isnt that much difference.
Yes, but 25% isn't that big a loss overall, light attack is still great with the tree upgraded and considering all the mutagen boni (what do they add up to, 100%+ possibly) the 25 isn't a gamechanger. Especially when you get it back in strong attack damage. Strong attack definitely has uses even against people that don't hold block for very long, in particular if you've upgraded the tree. My plan is to 100% unlock both strong and fast attack trees.

The stamina regen is a non-issue. Hell, you don't even NEED Quen spam with heavy armor because you take like 1000 times less damage. That opens up your signs to the situational offensive ones.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:49:32 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 29, 2015, 02:37:10 pm »
I groan every time it's Ciri flashback time.

This one was particularly bad, I wanted to spend up my level up points and do shit as Geralt, instead I have to sit in a fucking sauna as Ciri talking about giggity-giggle-girl stuff.

Like, gee, wonder why they included this stuff. Surely for the gameplay reasons, and not just as fanservice to male nerds and an excuse to show boobs and Ciri's butt?

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2zj9f2s.jpg
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #785 on: May 29, 2015, 02:41:42 pm »
I would say the sauna flashback was the best one. Went to take a hot/icy shower right after I fled the hunt.  :lol:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 29, 2015, 02:59:23 pm »
Oh common Xant. Dont you think you are exaggurating? Her ass might be of a service to those seriuslly desperate fans. Its not impressive at all. Not to mention her flashback parts are quite short. If you skip all the dialog its less than 5 minutes per flashback. And theres like mybe 5 parts where you get to play as Ciri in total in the entire game(didnt read exactly). Thats not bad at all. The sauna part was probably a method to slow the pace a bit and it worked imo.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:07:27 pm by Tibe »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 29, 2015, 03:17:51 pm »
Just a couple of general tips:

you can turn on "witcher senses on minimap" in hud configuration. This is so huge, I wish I knew about this ages ago, it makes the sherlock holmsing parts way less tedious. Especially if witcher sense mode makes you nauseous (also recomend turning off motion blur for that.)

if you like me turned off music early on because you got bored of hearing that same song over. definitely turn it back on for a bit when you get to new areas, the track in skellige is epic and I nearly missed it completely.

don't be stingey like me, buy all recipes from main quest characters before they die or get upset with you.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #788 on: May 29, 2015, 04:13:44 pm »
+1
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #789 on: May 29, 2015, 04:51:50 pm »
I love to capture wild black horse (AXII powaaa) and ride it naked on the bitch.. I will try to screen it soon... SO GAYYYYYYY
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 29, 2015, 04:59:35 pm »
btw ATI beta driver came out for witcher 3 and seems to have improved my framerate phenominally. On medium before I think I was about ~25 fps in novigrad, now I'm at ~33.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #791 on: May 29, 2015, 05:06:05 pm »
btw ATI beta driver came out for witcher 3 and seems to have improved my framerate phenominally. On medium before I think I was about ~25 fps in novigrad, now I'm at ~33.
Downloading it now. I play around 45-55 fps in novigrad but don't like sudden FPS drops.

It seems i got 5 or so fps gain. Nice.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:19:59 pm by Araxiel »
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 29, 2015, 05:40:25 pm »
+2
Just started the game, lvl 3 so far, playing on Death march difficulty and get my ass handed to me. Dark souls seems to be almost like a walk in the park in comparison with this game. But I like it, really feel that I need to prepare myself before every fight.

PS. I'm really surprised how fluent and smooth and... fun is combat. Didn't expect it after awkward W2.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:38:18 pm by Falka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 29, 2015, 06:45:00 pm »
Just started the game, lvl 3 so far, playing on Death march difficulty and get my ass handed to me. Dark souls seems to be almost like a walk in the park in comparison with this game. But I like it, really feel that I need to prepare myself before every fight.

Hardest part of death march is the fucking fist fights. Especially when you die in a fist fight where you can't draw the swords off you back for no fucking reason. I mean if you are unarmed in a boxing match then fine, but if some guy is trying to kill me its stupid I cant pull a sword off my back and smack off his head.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 29, 2015, 06:46:06 pm »
Hardest part of death march is the fucking fist fights. Especially when you die in a fist fight where you can't draw the swords off you back for no fucking reason. I mean if you are unarmed in a boxing match then fine, but if some guy is trying to kill me its stupid I cant pull a sword off my back and smack off his head.
The game is really random with this, btw. Sometimes you can just draw your swords and the aggressors will flee/give up/die. Sometimes not. And it's not consistent at all either, Geralt gets ambushed by 5 people, too chivalrous to use Signs or swords for some reason... and other times, not.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.