Author Topic: What would you nerf/buff in your class??  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
Re: What would you nerf/buff in your class??
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 06:10:18 pm »
Rus/Long Bow
Quiver of Arrows
1h Weapon 1 slot

Done. Don't really care about 1 slot bows, as they can use 2 slot weapons anyway.

Really like that suggestion. 2 slot bows will allow you to use a one handed weapon while 1 slot bows can be used with a shield or even a twohander/polearm. At the same time you should slightly increase the amount of arrows in a quiver and reduce the weight back to the old values.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 06:11:48 pm »
2h cav OP
Turtles

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 06:42:42 pm »
Rus/Long Bow
Quiver of Arrows
1h Weapon 1 slot

Done. Don't really care about 1 slot bows, as they can use 2 slot weapons anyway.

I really like it  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 06:48:53 pm »
How many minuses i got for suggesting one quiver per archer few months back  :shock:

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 07:43:30 pm »
+2
Don't have a class.

But in any case:

Pole arm character

Two handed character

And a little throwing character.

Hmm....well id ask for the Long maul to not be included in the nerf to crush through. Frankly if you are holding a swing on this weapon when it's an overhead, you are either stupid or dead, usually both.

At the moment the overhead on that weapon is essentially just for support, which some may say is the point, but I don't see why it shouldn't be more useful in lone situations. I love team play, but you cannot always rely on others.

There is great fun to be had in holding a sideswing and then changing to an overhead quickly to bait someone into being crushed. It's never been a hard weapon to dance around and ignore and now it is even easier to do so. I cannot think of many people who struggled to fight a long maul user before, even one of the very good ones.

But I don't mind hearing a counter-point to this one.

Next a more controversial issue: Jump-shots with throwing. Now I understand that when most see jumping and shooting they may think back to a time on their melee character(s), when they were chasing some annoying little scamp who just ran and ran only to jump and turn while shooting them.

But from what ive experienced with my thrower, such a kiting technique is still quite possible and in fact more reliable now that throwers are merely turning to shoot or weave through enemies and they no longer feel obligated to jump.

However the absence of jumping does provide an issue of skill ceiling. Myself I cannot see how it is balanced or fair to remove the amount of non-game-intentioned******* options available to a player simply because of what he or she chooses to play with.

Now if cavalry comes a'chargin no longer can a thrower time their jumping and throwing to get out of the way and hit the enemy horseman. The point is that being able to do so effectively is a testament to the ability of the player able to do so with consistency and skill.

The same applies to that often overlooked skill of jump shooting into the head of a shielder as he/she approaches you. Doing so is risky, often at the risk of death for most and to be able to do so requires a very sound judgement of both that person's placement and footwork as well as an equally sound observation of the opponent's.

Neither of these are, (in my opinion as all claims of skill on this forum are), particularly easy to pull off. In fact the latter is more often unsuccessful  in it's execution than anything.

To me it is the equivalent of removing pike air thrusts or spin strikes. Player-invented abilities that improve the depth of the game.

Unfortunately I see it as a difficult position for the developers to take since if they were to give jump shooting back to throwers then they would have to face the wrath of people using bows and crossbows.

This is something I don't think would generate much support, nor do I foresee it coming back, but I wanted to offer my perspective on it as both a melee and ranged player.

What I mean by non-game-intentioned is some aspect of playing that the players of the game have invented or come upon in their daily playing sessions that are obviously not intended features. I'm not talking about exploits here, (though perspectively many might disagree), i'm talking about small strategies that players come up with as individuals that they use in their style of play.

Some of which become popular enough to make it into mainstream usage. Such as wiggling around like a madman while holding a melee strike, or pike users looking at the sky and then turning their stabs into people so as to hit with full force at a much closer range.

That last one could be considered an exploit to be fair.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:50:38 pm by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013, 08:10:21 pm »
As ninja 2hcav hybrid I must say that last buff for not so used 2h was unnecessary.
Heavy bastard sword on +3 with 101 speed is OP as hell and putting catana to shame.

Now own both o them :mrgreen:

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2013, 01:46:31 am »
Class : Arbalest/One handed hybrid.

Buff : Remove the delay, Buff damage in stratgus battles by 5-10% or so - If I recall you weakened their damage awhile back in strat only.

Nerf : rain (Not just for my class but for everyone), make reloads longer.

Buff : Cheaper 1 handed swords don't compare to the cheaper  two handed swords, make them better or lower their cost in my opinion. Also most cut one handed swords don't do enough damage.

Nerf :  Lower knockdown chances with blunt one handed maces/hammers slightly, at the moment it just doesn't make sense.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013, 02:05:52 am »
+1
Hi all!

My class : peasant (or tribrid hoplite/1h/throwing agi whore... yeah I'm masochist)

buff : add a new damage type for stick and torch because well because! also fix hoplite stab... it act strange strange

nerf : Am I not enough nerfed??
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 11:37:37 am »
Class: 1h Shielder.

Nerf: Maybe some of the spammier one hands. (Spammitars, liuyedao, etc.) Maybe reduce knockdown chance on some of the blunt 1hs, they do it so much, even on glances at times. 0.o 

Buff: 1h stabs, they glance WAY too often, I actually only use 1hs w/o a stab as using a stab is way too risky. Maybe certain swords, their cut dmg just doesn't work with the amount of armor crutching that is so common nowadays. (Side sword I'm looking at you.)
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 12:14:44 am »
Class: Horsethrower.

Buff: Ammunition, I do believe that 4 throwing lances filling all slots is just bullshit, in my opinion their stats should in general be slightly nerfed but the throwing lances per stack should be doubled (so 4 slots=8 lances). Make all changing from one weapon mode to another a lot faster.

Nerf: Speed bonuses need heavy adjustment for all ranged, there need to be some form of ceiling, I've been fighting HAs a lot, who survived two throwing lances (yes, one hit the heel, the other hit the arm, but fuck), because they were always riding away, some of the biggest my old friends around were riding coursers and just always riding away from what was shooting at them and they could take the hits a plated charger would die from, it should still be there but it should be capped somewhere along the line (in my opinion the ideal max speed bonus for ranged should be somewhere inbetween, both negatively and positively 25-50%, as I've always found it beyond silly that a plated 27/15 9IF tincan gets onehit off his destrier if he's riding towards me but a 15/24 HA in a deli outfit survives two lances while already being harder to hit due to riding away. ).
And damage our horses if we suck so hard at riding that we hit fences!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 12:20:42 am »
+1
I would remove lolstab from my class

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 12:21:30 am »
+1
I would remove lolstab from my class

thank you.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 12:23:02 am »
Jk

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 12:23:26 am »
+1
I use morningstar, nerf 2h stab.
Turtles

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard