Author Topic: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance  (Read 47139 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance
« Reply #480 on: March 03, 2013, 03:12:02 pm »
I understand the sentiment that being in a small faction can be tough, but you have better opportunities now than you had the last 2 strats. I suggest you try to either go your own path and have some fun yourselves, or try to make a deal with one of the two blocks and work for them in return for land.
This is one of the biggest issues in the current strategus, that and bloc loving people like you.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #481 on: March 03, 2013, 03:13:06 pm »
This is one of the biggest issues in the current strategus, that and bloc loving people like you.
You just says like that but on his place you just do the same.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #482 on: March 03, 2013, 04:18:03 pm »
+1
Imagine for a moment, you're a small faction, just playing with mates. You work hard to take a fief maybe. If another small faction wants to attack your fief you can have a fun battle, and if you lose it you can always try and retake it another time. Now imagine Grey Order or Coalition take your fief, you're steamrollered with no hope of ever retaking it. And for the rest of this version of Strat that fief will belong to one of the large factions and the area hostile to small factions will become even larger. (Coalition owns about 1/6th of the map, even passing through you run the risk of being attacked as a potential S/D stealer). So i'm sure the large fac

tions are loving it, and maybe accuse Kinngrimm of giving land and support to smaller factions because he has too, but it's players like him that make it bearable for the rest of us.

Otherwise our only options are to join a massive faction of people we dont know, or just stop being active cos there's no way in. I dont really care if you're UIF or anti-UIF, if your fief gets taken by Coalition or Grey Order or Mercs, or Druz (if you're in the desert), then it's not going anywhere, it'll just be absorbed and the map will shrink for the rest of the players.

2-man faction for the win!!!!

God bless this man. This has been my idea since start of strat. I used to be a part of Deserters and was really excited about playing strat for the first time. All I got,  was seeing people forming old alliances and still holding grudges from former strat rounds. A boring cold war.

That's why I left and formed the Rebels and didn't give a single shit about blocks or alliances. With 3 other guys and myself, we've fought both Eastern and UIF having a shitload of fun, and countless nights of laughing from our sucessful troll attacks. This is what kept me playing the game, and hoping the blocks would be dissolved so I one day could enjoy the game properly.

I thought this day came after I declared war on Templars and there was a chance for Eastern to dissolve and just have fun wars, but alas it did not happen. This is when I wanted to just gather all my troops and suicide attack Dhirim for the luls and quit strat - But the only thing that kept me going was my members (which includes more people now) who still want to play the game.

Now let's just enjoy more block wars, where its all about camping and having inactive-strat players grinding you troops, and hating your enemies!

And no Ramses, Coalition didnt give me any fiefs.

Nerf large factions, so we can enjoy small faction wars!

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 03, 2013, 04:31:52 pm »
+2
You just says like that but on his place you just do the same.
We'll never know because I'd decline any chance to be in a huge fucking bloc because I don't believe huge fucking blocs should exist and I don't believe in fighting fire with fire.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #484 on: March 03, 2013, 04:47:15 pm »
+1
We'll never know because I'd decline any chance to be in a huge fucking bloc because I don't believe huge fucking blocs should exist and I don't believe in fighting fire with fire.

In war, turning the other cheek has been the losing move throughout the ages.

Unless you are Gandhi. That guy turned cheeks like a mad cunt.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #485 on: March 03, 2013, 06:06:51 pm »
+1

As usual Zlish you ignore 99% of what I write, take out 1% and put it out of context. Let's read it again:

I understand the sentiment that being in a small faction can be tough, but you have better opportunities now than you had the last 2 strats. I suggest you try to either go your own path and have some fun yourselves, or try to make a deal with one of the two blocks and work for them in return for land.

Did I make it clear enough? I have the deepest respect for honest factions going out of the line and trying things themselves, I simply stated that if such is not for you, it will make things easier to ally with the big blocs.

As we did for three strats. Don't forget the Anti-UIF did this because we were forced to, not because we wanted to. This should also address your point about me being a big-faction lover. Honestly, stfu. You don't know shit about me nor my opinion on the matter. You're just a pretentious little rat who sits in the corners and cries whenever somebody does anything so you can get some attention. I have no patience or respect for people with such a complete lack of consistency like you.

And none taken. I know enough about the mechanics of strat, i've dabbled in learning about the map for a long time before my various faction-related endeavours. My point is that i have absolutely no interest in joining one of the large factions, and i'm not accusing you of being deliberately evil xD merely that whatever your intentions the end result is the same.

Since you're knowledgeable about strat, how can you presume the Coalition, as well as any other faction, gain anything in terms of ressources and manpower from an excess amount of territory? It doesn't, as I said it only stretches us even further.

The end result is not necessarily the same. If our objective was to hoard land, we'd be getting the result you're speaking of. IE: Huge factions holding every single piece of land on the map. As I've said already, this is not the Coalitions objective, and I doubt it would be any other big faction's objective.

I'm perfectly happy now having fun myself as you so rightly say (although huge swathes of the map are full of S/D-whore factions that attack first and ask questions later (if ever) since none of their allies are prepared to punish them whilst other large enemies exist). And i never got wiped in that manner. My previous post was for the likes of 'Phalangites' and other small factions that came on full of enthusiasm, got a fief, and were steamrollered to the point where they quit.

Things can be hard, very hard for a small faction. I agree that it can be very disheartening to see all you've worked vanish in smoke. However, I still believe skillful, small factions are able to survive and adapt to the situation. Not all are, naturally.

To Basnak: I'm all for nerfing big factions, but how can you nerf them in an appropriate fashion? I'd like to see concrete suggestions, because to me it seems that the trust and friendship these factions share is very hard to nerf indeed.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #486 on: March 03, 2013, 06:32:00 pm »
You should've joined us Khorin so Ninjas could've been our secret little elite force to send and assassinate the Eastern leaders :rolleyes:

Sorry, I troll solo.

Did I say troll? I meant roll.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 03, 2013, 07:11:54 pm »
As usual Zlish you ignore 99% of what I write, take out 1% and put it out of context. Let's read it again:
I did not take any shit out of context, I included the exact same fucking sentence as you, I just underlined the especially fucked up part. What I said is that the most fucked up thing in strategus is that you gotta be a 100+ man factions bitch in order to take any land, and you gotta stay that factions bitch forever because otherwise it'll decide that it'll want your land, turn it into a S&D storage facility, and fuck over everybody who is trying to have fun and not play half of the map versus the other half. And why does it have to be this way? Because of blocloving bitches like you (you've said yourself that coalition is most likely going to be sticking together and that you like that, so you're pro blocs, don't bother making a bullshit claim you ain't), and I'm not just talking about you, I'm talking about you, all the shitheads in coalition, greys, druzhina, mercs, deserters, and to some extent templars. You are not purely using your gay huge megaalliance to fight UIF either, you proved that, that's why fighting fire with fire doesn't fucking work here, once one fire stops burning the other one ain't going to.
Did I make it clear enough? I have the deepest respect for honest factions going out of the line and trying things themselves, I simply stated that if such is not for you, it will make things easier to ally with the big blocs.
[What you actually said] I understand the sentiment that being in a small faction can be tough, but you have better opportunities now than you had the last 2 strats. I suggest you try to either go your own path and have some fun yourselves, or try to make a deal with one of the two blocks and work for them in return for land.
That is not what you said at all, you basically acknowledge that you cannot get any land or do anything besides just going your own path and doing random extremely small shit without at least some attachment to one of you two groups of assholes.
As we did for three strats. Don't forget the Anti-UIF did this because we were forced to, not because we wanted to. This should also address your point about me being a big-faction lover. Honestly, stfu. You don't know shit about me nor my opinion on the matter. You're just a pretentious little rat who sits in the corners and cries whenever somebody does anything so you can get some attention. I have no patience or respect for people with such a complete lack of consistency like you.
You are a big faction lover, otherwise you'd not on several occasions have said that coalition is staying intact, you might have been forced to form your huge fucking gay megaalliance, and that's a fucking might, it depends on perspective, but you weren't forced to abuse it in all the various gay ways you did (Shu Han, Nordmen, etc).

Since you're knowledgeable about strat, how can you presume the Coalition, as well as any other faction, gain anything in terms of ressources and manpower from an excess amount of territory? It doesn't, as I said it only stretches us even further.
You're retarded if you don't think you gain anything in terms of resources from hording insane amounts of land, if you seriously don't see it, you're a fucking idiot.

The end result is not necessarily the same. If our objective was to hoard land, we'd be getting the result you're speaking of. IE: Huge factions holding every single piece of land on the map. As I've said already, this is not the Coalitions objective, and I doubt it would be any other big faction's objective.
Besides a few vassal or servant factions that is basically what we're seeing...
Things can be hard, very hard for a small faction. I agree that it can be very disheartening to see all you've worked vanish in smoke. However, I still believe skillful, small factions are able to survive and adapt to the situation. Not all are, naturally.
Skillful and small factions can do that, it just required swearing allegiance to one bloc and therefore changing from a small faction to just a lesser limb of a bloc, or, they can just not hold any land and only trade in mercs "free trade areas".
To Basnak: I'm all for nerfing big factions, but how can you nerf them in an appropriate fashion? I'd like to see concrete suggestions, because to me it seems that the trust and friendship these factions share is very hard to nerf indeed.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #488 on: March 03, 2013, 07:15:19 pm »

your mistake is that you think that Druzhina needs anyone to serve it's cause, or even UIF cause.
being fellow countrymen gives you easy communication and best chances to have clear agreement, that's why it's russians, russians, russians, and 22nd_Evgen (who is ukranian) made it possible to have 22nd-DRZ diplomatic relations and form UIF later.

I beg your pardon but we got war in DRZ when they told me "If you attack STR we will back em up" in the end we ended up with fighting Go, Union and Drz at the same time with the support of Bashi, Legio, Risen, 22nd so on and on. Back then the moment you threaten one UIF faction you had to prepare yourself for the entire UIF. So spare me from the story of generosity. Today the whole block fighting UIF are fighting with the same reason/stories

Thing is its not that weird that you do it. Because its part of the game.

not sure if this needs any comments, but..
during first strat uif had (almost always) >1 k/d battle ratio. even when they had worse equipment, or other side had better position. guess why?
UIF had a goal - destruction of Templar block. Everyone in uif pulled out all the stops and did, what they could according to their sizes, crpg grinding abilities etc. Who did more? The one who gave 100 equipped troops for the battle or the one who saved 100 equipped troops in the battle?

Thank you for admitting that UIF's goal was gangbanging. Back then there were no Eastern Bloc, so indirectly you have admitted that UIF was doing in since Strat 1 till now...whatever please be realistic because it really seems like :

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #489 on: March 03, 2013, 08:12:17 pm »
I beg your pardon but we got war in DRZ when they told me "If you attack STR we will back em up" in the end we ended up with fighting Go, Union and Drz at the same time with the support of Bashi, Legio, Risen, 22nd so on and on. Back then the moment you threaten one UIF faction you had to prepare yourself for the entire UIF. So spare me from the story of generosity. Today the whole block fighting UIF are fighting with the same reason/stories

Thing is its not that weird that you do it. Because its part of the game.

Thank you for admitting that UIF's goal was gangbanging. Back then there were no Eastern Bloc, so indirectly you have admitted that UIF was doing in since Strat 1 till now...whatever please be realistic because it really seems like :

Templol's been gangbangingblockbuildingroflstomping since before it was cool.

True story.
Turtles

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 03, 2013, 08:37:01 pm »
Quote from: a guy
You

No you.

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #491 on: March 04, 2013, 05:56:26 am »
+1
ololo

someone is out of memory

Thank you for admitting that UIF's goal was gangbanging. Back then there were no Eastern Bloc, so indirectly you have admitted that UIF was doing in since Strat 1 till now...whatever please be realistic

Let me remind you some facts of first strat:
1. Templars had the biggest block ever, consisting of like 5-6 factions both EU and NA
2. Templars were the biggest faction with most fiefs and players
3. After 22nd suffered vital losses in Durquba thanks to their neighboor irrc, templols started their epic crusade, ganbanging 22nd (10men faction) on pair with irrc.
4. UIF was made (and it was stated during first strat clearly) to crush the biggest block. before the "first calradian world war" we (UIF) never had so much tickets and gold as templar's block had. Only D'Hara and IG fielded about 15k heavy equipped troops to aid templols. we never had such armies.
5. UIF had 3-4 times less fiefs before antitemplols war started.
6. We had to hire you, mercs, to attack one of templar block faction, cause we didn't have enough tickets
what gangbang are you talking about?
Back then there were fat templols block which gangbanged 22nd.

Ok. Doing it till now. Happy gangbanging since 2010.
Tell me please, what faction suffered in 4th strat? being gangbanged by UIF? Shu Han?

you threaten one UIF faction you had to prepare yourself for the entire UIF
What's wrong with it? Imagine if we attack Deserters. What would you do?
And how does it connects to my words: "your mistake is that you think that Druzhina needs anyone to serve it's cause, or even UIF cause"?
1. My english is bad enough to make my words not understandable
or
2. You just trying to play your classic merc game: bs talks
?
Igni et ferro

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
« Reply #492 on: March 04, 2013, 07:58:43 am »
This conversation have started with you posting nonsense about how DRZ is Jesus like clan helping the helpless. Which is total bullshit and you know that.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #493 on: March 04, 2013, 08:20:27 am »
My reason for the war was bagge, he was provoking, calling names, luring me to battle. I gave in to his wishes and came to fight shu han.

He later apologized for his behaviour, respect for shu han (bagge) for having some manners ^^

Still, DRZ showed massive military support in shu han lands, so the war will go on  :mrgreen:

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 04, 2013, 08:41:38 am »
+4
This conversation have started with you posting nonsense about how DRZ is Jesus like clan helping the helpless. Which is total bullshit and you know that.
This really shouldn't be coming from a merc.