Author Topic: Fix archer-weight  (Read 4461 times)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Fix archer-weight
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »
Now that you cant kite try putting some more points into PS and maybe skip out on some athl. Now you dont have to run, only beat your opponent. It may be hard to block at first but eveyone learns it eventually.

Now nerf crossbowmen aswell, those asshats can still outrun everyone.

Blocking isn't the issue, blocking and not being able to respond due to ever inferior wpf is the problem there. This is why ranged need every advantage they can dig out in melee, and the devs discarded footwork. These days you can either have a full athlectics kiting archer or a weak and slow hibrid who's gonna get spam killed anyway. The biggest issue was making melee more retarded instead of just nerfing sprint speed.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 05:37:34 pm »
+1
Archers have adjusted. Now they either drop their bow/arrows and run like a sissy, or they have learned to block with their 0-slot weapon. I don't know why any of them do the former, since you effectively become a leecher as soon as you drop your weapon. Especially on siege, since you can just die and respawn.

Even an average player can block nearly indefinitely if they aren't trying to attack, allowing your teammates to come help you. As a melee, there is no worse feeling than having an archer block all my swings. That's how you "own" me. If you drop your only weapon and run, I just "owned" you.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:07:07 pm by Phew »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1805
  • Infamy: 1071
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »
+3
Blocking isn't the issue, blocking and not being able to respond due to ever inferior wpf is the problem there

That isn't true. You're not on the same level as dedicated melee player but you surely can hit back even with 1 wpf in 2H (in case you're using mace or fighting axe in 2H mode). Problem is that most of you ranged player don't know how. I've seen how most of you play melee roles, spam, spam and nothing by spam. Bagge and few others are notable exceptions.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 05:41:45 pm »
Archers have adjusted. Now they either drop their bow/arrows and run like a sissy, or they have learned to block with their 0-slot weapon. I don't know why any of them do the former, since you effectively become a leecher as soon as you drop your weapon. Especially on siege, since you can just die and respawn.

Even an average player can block nearly indefinitely if they aren't trying to attack, allowing your teammates to come help you. As a melee, there is no worse feeling than having an archer block all my swings. That how you "own" me. If you drop your only weapon and run, I just "owned" you.

is this seriously how you want things to be?

Blocking isn't the issue, blocking and not being able to respond due to ever inferior wpf is the problem there. This is why ranged need every advantage they can dig out in melee, and the devs discarded footwork. These days you can either have a full athlectics kiting archer or a weak and slow hibrid who's gonna get spam killed anyway. The biggest issue was making melee more retarded instead of just nerfing sprint speed.

agree
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »
is this seriously how you want things to be?

Um, Yes? Probably most realistic also. When archers were routed, they either stood their ground and fought in melee or dropped their bows and ran. Melee should be encouraged to protect the archers on their team; if archers can just kite all over the map, then they don't even need melee support.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2013, 06:08:11 pm »
+4
ahahah that's hilarious, implying archers used their run speed for melee efficiency rather than kiting

Same old tired ass witty catechism that has been repeated enough by the anti-archer lobby to become an established part of their dogma.

The fact is that 95% of archers stood their ground even when the 2 hander or polearm user was doing their flying lolstab from 15 feet away. Why? Because they were arrogant enough and had enough accuracy to believe they were skilled enough to shoot you in the face while you were jumping through the air. They stood their ground against cavalry because they believed that they had enough skill to shoot you in your face and have enough time to sidestep your charging mount. If shit turned bad, they could take out their short weapon and be able to control the engagement in melee as all agility players should against a strength player.
Strength = slow but powerful and the build is forgiving of mistakes. Agility = quick and able to control the engagement but can make no mistakes.

So why did that change? Accuracy nerfs, slot restrictions that reduce pure archers to 0 slot 70 reach weapons, auto-kick when enemy is within 5 feet of an archer, the missile speed nerf that many archers believe is what exacerbates the ghost missile phenomenon and now the weight nerf. Lobby after lobby to appease the butthurt who primarily made their case with hyperbole and conjecture.

The developers simply will not accept the truth behind the motivation of the majority of this minority lobby, that they will never be happy with the state of ranged. They want it removed from this mod completely, and will continue to use every fair or foul means at their disposal to have it taken out as an option to play, or reduced to such a state that no player will bother trying to use the class.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 06:15:12 pm »
I'm a slow hybrid archer. Not many can spam me and those who can, will usually die to one hit anyway.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 06:19:46 pm »
That isn't true. You're not on the same level as dedicated melee player but you surely can hit back even with 1 wpf in 2H (in case you're using mace or fighting axe in 2H mode). Problem is that most of you ranged player don't know how. I've seen how most of you play melee roles, spam, spam and nothing by spam. Bagge and few others are notable exceptions.

Thank you, but no. Swing speed is a key advantage, I've been been using a melee char myself for 2 months and the difference is quite noticeable. And you can't "spam" with 40 or less wpf, try again.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 06:22:31 pm »
+2
Thank you, but no. Swing speed is a key advantage, I've been been using a melee char myself for 2 months and the difference is quite noticeable. And you can't "spam" with 40 or less wpf, try again.

You can melee effectively with ~70 wpf.

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 07:59:00 pm »
You can melee effectively with ~70 wpf.

That's great if you're a thrower or xbower. Again, learn the basics. Dont just assume things are fine.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 08:44:01 pm »
+3
That's great if you're a thrower or xbower. Again, learn the basics. Dont just assume things are fine.

Its also great if you are an archer. And you put 70 wpf into 1h or 2h.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:48:26 pm by oprah_winfrey »

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 09:58:25 pm »
+4
I have to say it, i respecced to a hybrid and have  more fun than on my old char. I use the langes messer with 4 ps and it is just fun to kill  a guy who doesent expect a archer to kill him in melee.
55 wpf and some athletics are enough.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 10:52:16 pm »
+3
Hehe  :lol:

Look at all the dedicated melee nubs who think they win against archers because they are skilled, when in reality it is actually the combination of their amour-build-weapon-ezmode-my old friendging.

I bet some of them are even retarded enough to actually think that they are worth anything without their 2h gayswords  :lol:

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 12:00:33 am »
+3
Hehe  :lol:

Look at all the dedicated melee nubs who think they win against archers because they are skilled, when in reality it is actually the combination of their amour-build-weapon-ezmode-my old friendging.

I bet some of them are even retarded enough to actually think that they are worth anything without their 2h gayswords  :lol:
Not all melee use gayswords.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2013, 12:27:44 am »
+2

Nonsense!

Tenne with his Langes Messer and Druzhina_Fes_rus with the Fighting Axe in 2h mode kill in melee on a regular level even Strength whores.
Besides, it would be silly to expect that you even come close to kill a Flam wielding tin can.

...but those 2 mentioned archer kill quite a lot of people in Battle with bow and arrow but when engaged in close combat drop the bow and stand their ground on a very decent level.

So... either they are just way better player than you are or you're simply not willing to adapt like ranger always demand it from complaining 2h-heroes. What is it?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.