Author Topic: 3% Gen-Bonus  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
3% Gen-Bonus
« on: April 29, 2011, 04:20:29 pm »
Ok i am Generation 15 and loved my XP. But i also expected that it wouldnt last forever and something would be changed.
3% is hard if you think about some people who even grinded to Generation 90+.
Noone else will ever again reach that generations in the next 10-20 months if he starts now playing. Probably he needs even longer.

Its ok those people got a fuckload of heirlooms but why didnt you put a CAP on XP like at 50% or 100% or whatever you like so at some point
everybody again gets the same XP. Highgenerations now will have an advantage forever.

If im right some people still get  90x30 extra XP that makes +2700 XP every round. They still can retire every week with no chance anyone can get there.

PS: If you added a cap my post is obsolet.

PPS: Talked to some other people of my clan. There seems to a xp-cap after generation 16. So no more xp-bonus after that.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:42:54 pm by Camaris »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: 3% Gen-Bonus
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 04:21:57 pm »
If thats the case then agreed.

Offline DANK

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • OotL
  • Faction: OotL
  • Game nicks: Sir_Dank_OotL, OotA_Kush
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 04:28:48 pm »
Great Idea Camaris. +1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:31:53 pm »
Great Idea Camaris. +1

I understand there needs to be a nerf people being able to heirloom every other day or something but those people who have gotten say 10+ gens have dedicated there time to this mod and why shouldnt they be rewarded?

I also understand there needs to be a balance but there should be a mid ground were people who have stuck with this mod have there rewards but also people who havnt still can play with balance.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:30 pm »
I understand there needs to be a nerf people being able to heirloom every other day or something but those people who have gotten say 10+ gens have dedicated there time to this mod and why shouldnt they be rewarded?
^ This.

Also, with the way retirement has been nerfed so hard (seems like you only get +1 dmg on weapons now) and the fact that it's going to take longer than we're used to to level up, it seems like retirement has now become obsolete.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 04:43:54 pm »

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • And a good day to you, good sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 04:44:43 pm »

I also understand there needs to be a balance but there should be a mid ground were people who have stuck with this mod have there rewards but also people who havnt still can play with balance.

They were rewarded. They're rewarded with an heirloom every time.

To make it easier and easier to level the more you play is completely backwards.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 05:01:25 pm »
What is wrong with having a ton of heirlooms if you put the time in for it? What's wrong with leveling fast? Ask yourself this question: Is there something inherently wrong with people having these things, or does the problem lie in another location? ie. inability to "catch-up"?

I honestly want to know what's wrong with someone having every item in the game heirloomed, they can't use all of it, once you retire 10 times, you're pretty much as good as you'll ever be.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Metz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 05:19:11 pm »
They should have left exp alone. Perhaps give additional bonuses to kills. If anything people should gain exp faster to increase competition. At this rate now, only veterans will be able to beat beginners.

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • And a good day to you, good sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 05:51:08 pm »
What is wrong with having a ton of heirlooms if you put the time in for it? What's wrong with leveling fast? Ask yourself this question: Is there something inherently wrong with people having these things, or does the problem lie in another location? ie. inability to "catch-up"?

I honestly want to know what's wrong with someone having every item in the game heirloomed, they can't use all of it, once you retire 10 times, you're pretty much as good as you'll ever be.

24 retirements = Full set of maxed heirlooms.

Imo the problem is that it gets easier the more you play. This makes a huge gab between casuals and hardcores, since hardcores will just accelerate to the point of retiring once a day, while casuals will use months retiring.

If anything, retiring should give you 1 heirloom and -3% exp. Perhaps +3% gold so that they may use better armour the higher generation they are.

This would make retirement harder and harder, but also worth the effort. And we won't see a huge group of 1-3 retirements and then a small group of 30 retirements or more.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 05:55:23 pm »
Im personally all for a wipe of the database and never heirlooming again i only done it to get the multiplier, i can pick a masterwork of the floor if i like.

Wipe and ill hit 31 and sit there happy as fuck.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 06:05:43 pm »
This would make retirement harder and harder, but also worth the effort. And we won't see a huge group of 1-3 retirements and then a small group of 30 retirements or more.
A "Harder" system means you have to spend more time to get heirlooms. This means that the people who spend the most time playing, will become even more rewarded for their heirlooms than they are now. It will only widen the gap between people who play a lot and people who don't as more time will be spent on each following gen.

If someone plays for 1000 hours on the old system and reaches gen 31 thus having 10 triple heirloomed items. they're most likely only going to be able to use a maximum of 4 of those at a time. 4x3=12, 12+1 = you'd have to be gen 13 to be on even ground with them. It's about 500 hours with the old system to reach gen 13.

With the new system or even the one you propose, there are always going to be people with a ridiculous amount of heirlooms and generations, it just makes it harder for everyone else to be on equal footing. to get to gen 13 with the new system, you're looking at about 750 hours.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 08:01:46 pm »
There is no gameplay advantage between someone who is gen 28 and someone who is gen 280.

Assuming you use every single paper doll slot (9 including mount) you can only heirloom your usable equipment 27 times.  With the slot changes this patch that number is even lower. 

So the only gameplay related difference between someone who is gen 28 and someone higher is the xp bonus.  Why are people complaining about this?
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 08:10:04 pm »
Im personally all for a wipe of the database and never heirlooming again i only done it to get the multiplier, i can pick a masterwork of the floor if i like.

Wipe and ill hit 31 and sit there happy as fuck.

Sounds good
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 08:10:28 pm »
you can only heirloom your usable equipment 27 times.

Only 27 heirlooms u say, well indeed whats 27 heirlooms against 1 or 2?? nothin (sarcasm)

dude, having 27 heirlooms and not having 27 heirlooms makes 54 heirlooms.