Author Topic: The facts and Frisia's current position  (Read 9405 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: The facts and Frisia's current position
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2013, 11:04:08 pm »
+2
People seem to misunderstand that night settings are personal and don't require community approval. Constantly complaining about someone setting their own night to what they deem appropriate seems petty, childish, and tiresome.

Frisia ain't complainin' m8 we deal wit it u no we spit dat sick strat flow 24/7 420 420 420 bring it on assitan

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:08:11 pm by Daruvian »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2013, 11:08:52 pm »
+2
Hey, can't hurt a guy for asking. I'm not going to make a stink about it if they hold steady with their current nighttime. I don't think I've made a stink with my previous posts either, I was very careful to be polite!

We won't seek to initiate battles that take place in your nighttime; at least we're aware of it now. Only one way to learn when you're as new as I am. Your night time is, of course, YOUR choice. I'm big on personal property rights, of course you're entitled to your own night-time settings. However, I think a considerable amount of community members won't be too happy to see more than one large-ass battle at 8am.

Do try to keep your tasty targets hidden until daytime. We won't make a specific effort to catch them during nerd hours, but if we see prey and we're a capable predator, we'll pounce on yer ass at the best time to do that strategically. We ain't following you until noon to get a good battle, we'll do what we have to.

I will try to standardize our night-times to 2am for 8 hours, with battles being able to take place at 10 and later.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tunderbid

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_JC
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2013, 11:11:00 pm »
+6
Can someone bring some croissant or a omelette du fromage?
I think we should eat breakfast before the battle  :D

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2013, 11:13:11 pm »
+5
My perception of the world was crushed when I learned that cheese omelette is actually omelette au fromage rather than omelette du fromage.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2013, 11:34:28 pm »
Their night time settings deal with it.

Well even if they still want to be selfish...

I guarantee you that I see more Occitan playing at 1am than 8am... Just pointing out the obvious fail in their night time setting... :rolleyes: :P
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2013, 12:09:40 am »
+2
Well even if they still want to be selfish...
 their night time setting... :rolleyes: :P
:mrgreen: yes it is their setting and they aren't going to change it how selfish of them....

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2013, 12:26:41 am »
+3
My perception of the world was crushed when I learned that cheese omelette is actually omelette au fromage rather than omelette du fromage.

How could Dexter's Lab have been wrong?!? Now the one French phrase I knew is out the window. What is this thread about again?

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2013, 12:34:20 am »
+2

blah blah blah only my clan matters fuck everybody else blah blah

I like how you act as if everybody else does not have jobs or families/obligations. Guess what... the vast majority of us are in the same boat. This kind of night time setting is bad for everybody and your pompous attitude does not help your case.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2013, 12:44:03 am »
+2
It would Be nice if we could change night time in HALF HOUR increments rather than hour increments.

My night time is 12-8 because 1 is to late for me, generally, And I don't trust anyone else in faction to deal with hiring, etc as they are all pretty transient when it comes to strat.

But if we could do 12:30, I'd set it to that because I can make that.

(also you have to remember, a decent strat battle lasts for 1 HOUR after battle start so while 1 EST might be niceish, it ends at 2-2:30 and that's ghastly.)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2013, 12:44:51 am »
Hey, Kaoklai (and Kirby), instead of -'ing everything I say, how about you nut up and voice your opinion, that way I can acknowledge you're a human being and not a saliva spewing goblin with a 2 ft stick lodged firmly up it's ass.

EDIT:

Also, I do apologize for disrespecting Occitan, but my unfavorable stance remains towards their selfish, immature, hypocritical view point of "We're from Quebec, we have jobs and we're better than you
fat whiny bitches on welfare
because no one else in this community has kids, jobs, or school."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:47:53 am by Artyem »

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2013, 12:49:35 am »
I like how you act as if everybody else does not have jobs or families/obligations. Guess what... the vast majority of us are in the same boat. This kind of night time setting is bad for everybody and your pompous attitude does not help your case.

Luckily, there is an easy work around your problems. Dont attack them after midnight est.

To everyone else that says they see occitan on late at night, habe you ever played at 6-8ish, like 1/2 the server has an lco banner.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2013, 12:50:03 am »
You guys should be like me. Get a job that starts at 10 and goes until(latest) 8 unless you get second shift(1-10 or so) and not have classes start until 1! 8-)

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2013, 12:52:05 am »
Hey, Kaoklai, instead of -'ing everything I say, how about you nut up and voice your opinion, that way I can acknowledge you're a human being and not a saliva spewing goblin with a 2 ft stick lodged firmly up it's ass.

Take more pills o.o? Shoulda kept the third nipple, it will indeed be sorely missed.
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2013, 01:05:45 am »
+1
Luckily, there is an easy work around your problems. Dont attack them after midnight est.

To everyone else that says they see occitan on late at night, habe you ever played at 6-8ish, like 1/2 the server has an lco banner.

That gives them free reign to move as they please for 8 hours. At a fourth of the day, that's too considerable. If they had a 4 hour night time, maybe we could refrain from attacking them.

As I have said, it is (in my opinion, we'll see after this one) that 8am battles give us more of an advantage. I'm sorry that your own nighttime may hurt you, but I tried to get you to change it. Every 8am battle that occurs is going to make us look like the bad guy, but ultimately, I'm too much of a nerd to give you 8 whole hours to trot about the map when I want to attack.

If I'm moving somewhere and sleeping, then fuck me up, I'll probably be afk on strat because I sleep 16 hours at a time. I tell you, it isn't fun having 8 hours of sleep for 5 days and then crashing for another 16-20 on the weekend when exhaustion sets in. But I wake up (if I was able to catch an hour or two that night) feeling half-dead, grab some caffeinated booty-chatter beverage and a black n' mild, and do the day.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2013, 01:20:38 am »

You mean all 3 of 6 on the server.

And sandersson 8 am doesn't favor you guys - every battle forced around that time you will get 20 occitan and hospitallers to show up even though its  bad time for them - they put other strat nerds to shame - plus they can get all the UIF guys since occitan was DRZ vassals for 2 and a half strats.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo