Author Topic: The facts and Frisia's current position  (Read 8664 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: The facts and Frisia's current position
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 05:27:43 pm »
+5
Calling Occitan Cowardly Frogs is the only insult people can come up with? Show some fucking respect. Most of you can't speak two languages. As the majority of Occitan are bilingual. I'm not picking sides here, just pointing out the stupidity.

You're right in a way, but you've got to also understand how accustomed these guys are to that by now. When arowaine invited me into TS, he spent around five minutes speaking about how its okay if I don't understand his "froggy accent". Of course I understood every word he said, I've worked with plenty of french-dominant players in other games, and used to have a sort of clan that had a sizable group of Norweigans that would frantically shout in their language (funniest shit I've heard in my life when they get worked up) whenever shit went down. Honestly I might see if they'll play with us; they're used to 150 ping in competitive shooters and would be stoked since they're basically irl vikings anyway.

Point is, these occitan folks take this in good stride. Some of its sort of a running joke, really. I'm not going to search through every post here, but I haven't seen any blatant awful disrespect either.

Edit: I'm a nerd and hit ctrl+f on all pages of this thread and searched the term "frog". Got two results, one from wesley and egan just very recently. Who's saying that they're frogs? Is it in another thread, or in reference to in-game, etc?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:45:11 pm by Sandersson Jankins »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 05:29:02 pm »
+2
Lol Egan still makes me laugh about that two four.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 05:50:44 pm »
+3
two four isn't a universal thing to say?

Also I don't know why FCC is calling this a Heroparty/Occitan/Hospitaller Alliance!?

Hero party and Les Chevaliers Occitans shared the same goal with us regarding FCC, and that was they needed to be stopped, if that makes us an alliance then FCC is Allied with Remnant and all the other clans that fought with them.

With all the shit hitting the fan everyone is trying to spin things to their favour, So I guess all this inevitable.

Blame Canada FCC!

Also, Occitan members have repeatedly asked that their new faction be called Les Chevaliers Occitans, as they are now 1 faction, I know spelling that out is kind of tiresome so why not just abbreviate it like all the other clans.. Just call them LCO if that makes it easier.

^^ to bad there was not a B in that abbreviation, they could have been the LCBO.. and we could have got a two four!  :P     (Ontario Joke)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 05:55:35 pm »
+1
two four isn't a universal thing to say?

Also I don't know why FCC is calling this a Heroparty/Occitan/Hospitaller Alliance!?

Hero party and Les Chevaliers Occitans shared the same goal with us regarding FCC, and that was they needed to be stopped, if that makes us an alliance then FCC is Allied with Remnant and all the other clans that fought with them.

With all the shit hitting the fan everyone is trying to spin things to their favour, So I guess all this inevitable.

Blame Canada FCC!

Also, Occitan members have repeatedly asked that their new faction be called Les Chevaliers Occitans, as they are now 1 faction, I know spelling that out is kind of tiresome so why not just abbreviate it like all the other clans.. Just call them LCO if that makes it easier.

^^ to bad there was not a B in that abbreviation, they could have been the LCBO.. and we could have got a two four!  :P     (Ontario Joke)

I'm from the American deep south...wouldn't hear any funny terms about any brand of canuckians if I kept my ears open for decades, ha.

However, it's important to note that Frisia and indeed Fimbulvetr has absolutely no desire for conflict with Hospitaller, and to my knowledge is not in such a conflict with Hospitaller. I'd like to consider Frisia quite friendly to Hospitaller, in fact. I cannot promise what other factions will do, but none of my folks will cause you ill will until we receive it from you first.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 06:06:20 pm »
+2
Hospitaller has one true enemy, and that is Kesh!

Just like LCO was neutral with the remnant conflict, we are the same unless the faction in question is supporting/aiding FCC. Even on the roster for the upcoming battle we have guys on both sides.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 06:06:38 pm »
+1
Fuck the LCBO! All about the SAQ! And when I brought up 2 4 everyone in ATS laughed at me but I thought it made sense. Dr. Egan told me the correct term is: Case
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 06:12:04 pm »
+1
A two four (or 2 4) used to be the norm, But now they realised we canadians like to drink, so the cases are 28's and up..or like I buy now, 60 cases from costco! Mmm, Beer!

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 06:15:16 pm »
+1
Quebec Costco beer is retarded cheap.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 06:18:41 pm »
@Sandy: The frog thing is from Kesh's post when Kesh called occitan frogs because they didn't make a proper declaration thread. Or something like that.

LCO sounds too much like LBO, and I could do without thinking of leveraged buyouts.

I have heard it called a 24 (twenty-four), but a two four just sounds really blunt.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 06:24:55 pm »
@Egan: Go eat your New York freedom fries.

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 06:26:49 pm »
When your telling someone to buy beer its quicker to say "two-four" than "twen-ty-four". That was always my reasoning.

And its all about getting that beer asap! One syllable can make the difference between getting to the store on time! ...  :mrgreen:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 06:31:59 pm »
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:09:52 pm by LordBerenger »

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 06:49:57 pm »
+3
And HP didn't hide behind Occitan. HP steamrolled you hard with Goat, Rohypnol, Blackzilla, Smooth amongst other rushing your lands and taking most fiefs besides the city and 1 castle.

Nope
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 06:53:21 pm »
+5
I think it's stupid you ran to NH. It reminds me of when a certain other clan ran to FCC. Fight your battles and take it like a man. It's you who caused this. Stop hiding behind other clans to do your dirty work.

Our alliance discussions were happening 2 weeks ago, long before Shik's army was spotted leaving the desert (let alone any Occitan). I think we had even created Fimbulvetr faction about a week ago but it just takes a while to get people tagged in strat.

BTW pretty funny you talking about bravery when you assumed you were a 90 member alliance attacking 15 member Frisia clan?

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 06:56:43 pm »
+3
Canary has a bird brain.