Author Topic: Dear Devs ... again  (Read 5381 times)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
Re: Dear Devs ... again
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 10:58:23 am »
I don't read Leshma or Panos posts so just ignore them like I do and no derailing will ever be done. Can you reproduce this ghost arrows on EU3? Is it a model!=hit bones thingy? Does really happen more often with low projectile speed?

Reproducing it should be no problem. I however get the feeling that it occurs more with higher missile velocities. I'd be pleased if someone is willing to reccord, not today though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 11:40:32 am »
+2
I don't read Leshma or Panos

Oh man,how am I supposed to live right now??

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 11:55:16 am »
Is this the bug that allows you to shoot infinite non-damaging bolts? You know, shoot and immediately switch weapons, switch back and you're still loaded? This causes the xbow to '''jam''' sometimes tho, making it useless.

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 12:47:10 pm »
those ghostprojectiles are there for sure, a few things:
xbows are piss easy, they barely miss. ( if I play I always play a few rounds as xbow, wether eu 2 or eu 1.

archery probably suffers mostly, not the loomed geek rusbow gays, but the lower end bows from my experience get it ALOT. (tatar/horn, i dont use lower, they dont even damage people lol)

i have no input whatsoever about throwing, i sometimes play a thrower and i havent had it once(maybe because im a bad thrower already :lol:) but when it hit it  did hit afaik

Is this the bug that allows you to shoot infinite non-damaging bolts? You know, shoot and immediately switch weapons, switch back and you're still loaded? This causes the xbow to '''jam''' sometimes tho, making it useless.
wtf? are you sure he just didnt carry 2 1 shlot xbows? or maybe even three?
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 01:25:46 pm »
Ghost projectiles matter little to me as im just a shit shot and can never hit what im aiming at  :oops:

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 03:30:36 pm »
wtf? are you sure he just didnt carry 2 1 shlot xbows? or maybe even three?

Umm... so this is new? Hmm... WE NEVER HAD THIS CONVERSATION, OK?!  :mrgreen:

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 08:19:47 am »
Ghost projectiles are really annoying. I'm pretty sure if there was something similar for 2h it would have been fixed 2 hours later. Sometimes my bolts go through targets when I know that should've hit. I'm talking close range shots on standing targets where the reticule is centered on the enemy's torso. Not more than maybe 5 meters away. Cant talk about long range shots, might be that the bolt travels a bit to the side. But it is certainly there and its annoying.

It would be very nice if somebody could look into this issue, it is really a pain in the ass.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 08:50:52 am »
+3
Completely agree with panos. The fact most of the community disagrees with him is proof of why crpg is so boring for so many ppl now.

Pock gobblers

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 09:29:29 am »
+1
Dear Devs,

I know this has been brought up quite some times, although unanswered so far as far as I know. I want to ask something about "ghost projectiles".

I noticed that the average dev-activity is somewhat higher than usual on the forums in last few weeks. Questions concerning game mechanics are actually getting answered every now and then. No matter why this is, I want to take the opportunity to ask:

Why is the hitdetection regarding missiles so bad and why has every single one of the countless threads adressing this issue so far been ignored ?

It is a widely known fact that there exists a bug that causes missiles to travel through playermodels without getting registered as a hit. It happens on every server, at any time, any serverpopulation, any ping, any rangedweapon, any distance and any other value you can think of to alter. The only difference is that a year ago, "ghost proectiles" probably appeared at a rate of 10% per shot where as of now we seem to be at 30% - 50%. Any archer, thrower or xbower should have had the pleasure of experiencing this by now.

So why is this bug still there ? Is it unfixable ? Is it hardcoded ? Is it intended ? Is it due to a contract with the CIA ?

Now to bring this thread back to topic, I'm quoting the original post, sadly the issue kinda drowned it bullshit that followed.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 12:40:56 pm »
Completely agree with panos. The fact most of the community disagrees with him is proof of why crpg is so boring for so many ppl now.

Most players are trying to find  the most OP class to play or the most OP weapon a class can offer.and because I love to pointing fingers , I`m gonna point out some people who - my posts.

Gurnisson - Lspear (ab)user (good player in general since ive seen him playing other classes, but still)

GTX - Biggest whinner and lolstab (ab)user,went from danish to SoW after a small nerf .

Grumpy_Nic - Never played another class than xbow, he can`t even melee fight a GK.

Shemaforash - This guy is my favorite, he played as a 1h WO shield, he left spammed so much that made kinngrimm look like a noob , but then he went from a left spammer to a Longsword agility build spammer, well played sir.

Fips - Used to be 2hander now he plays as a pikeman .

Kato - 2hander lolstab abuzer .

Don`t forget to minus vote this post aswell, since speaking the truth makes people butthurt.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 12:46:25 pm »
Most players are trying to find  the most OP class to play or the most OP weapon a class can offer.and because I love to pointing fingers , I`m gonna point out some people who - my posts.

Gurnisson - Lspear (ab)user (good player in general since ive seen him playing other classes, but still)

GTX - Biggest whinner and lolstab (ab)user,went from danish to SoW after a small nerf .

Grumpy_Nic - Never played another class than xbow, he can`t even melee fight a GK.

Shemaforash - This guy is my favorite, he played as a 1h WO shield, he left spammed so much that made kinngrimm look like a noob , but then he went from a left spammer to a Longsword agility build spammer, well played sir.

Fips - Used to be 2hander now he plays as a pikeman .

Kato - 2hander lolstab abuzer .

Don`t forget to minus vote this post aswell, since speaking the truth makes people butthurt.

Panos, while you were banned I've played several gens with different classes but as you enjoyed your time leeching money from germany you couldnt see that. Nvm. And yes, you're right, I kinda suck at melee thats why I play ranged.

Minus your post - Done.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 12:48:11 pm »
+3
LoL Panos is on a Crusade.  :P

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 12:49:18 pm »
+1
Panos, while you were banned I've played several gens with different classes but as you enjoyed your time leeching money from germany you couldnt see that. Nvm. And yes, you're right, I kinda suck at melee thats why I play ranged.

Minus your post - Done.

Better having the fame of being poor, than having the fame of Hi-Tler and incest sex.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 12:50:46 pm »
Better having the fame of being poor, than having the fame of Hi-Tler and incest sex.

hmmmm... naw

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »
a bug that causes missiles to travel through playermodels without getting registered as a hit.

I don't notice this with Xbow or archery, but it happens a LOT when I'm throwing. (Especially with stones aka BUFF STONES)