Author Topic: Dear Devs ... again  (Read 5374 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Devs ... again
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 12:18:22 am »
I forgot my on topic response :D

Any ranged glitches should be fixed, regardless of balance. It should not be buggy just to make something harder (not saying its intentional, just to fix it if its a bug if its just simply people missing because they aren't used to any changes)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:22:09 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 12:19:11 am »
+1
- Give jump ability to throwers again

- Add PD req to xbows

- Remove the ability to jump with pikes/lspears

- Polethrust to all GS

- Remove bump slash, bump couch and bump lance thrust.

K?

Giving throwers jump-throwing again is good. The only things they had going for them was being easy to hybrid into and high damage. That's not much, if you consider that those points could easily go into riding or shield as a substitute.

Removing bump lancing and bump couching is also good. Lancing is easy enough and bump couching effectively bypasses shields, despite how often it occurs.

---

Crossbows should have a WPF requirement or a more severe penalty for not reaching a certain amount of WPF. PD requirements sound too extreme and non-sensible.

Pikes and Longspears are fine. They are amazing in group fights (although I personally prefer the Long Awlpike) but are absolute garbage in a 1v1. As it should be.

The problem with two-handed stabs is not the animation, just the sweet-spots. It should be good at long ranges, and using it at close distances should be a guaranteed glance. Giving them the pole-thrust would be a simple fix, but it wouldn't be the right one.

Bump slash is fine because riding up so close to someone while riding a horse is a huge risk. With a decently beefy build (24/15 as an example) it's really easy to one-shot some of the heavier horses with a single leg swipe.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 12:22:31 am »
+3
Dear Devs,

I know this has been brought up quite some times, although unanswered so far as far as I know. I want to ask something about "ghost projectiles".

I noticed that the average dev-activity is somewhat higher than usual on the forums in last few weeks. Questions concerning game mechanics are actually getting answered every now and then. No matter why this is, I want to take the opportunity to ask:

Why is the hitdetection regarding missiles so bad and why has every single one of the countless threads adressing this issue so far been ignored ?

It is a widely known fact that there exists a bug that causes missiles to travel through playermodels without getting registered as a hit. It happens on every server, at any time, any serverpopulation, any ping, any rangedweapon, any distance and any other value you can think of to alter. The only difference is that a year ago, "ghost proectiles" probably appeared at a rate of 10% per shot where as of now we seem to be at 30% - 50%. Any archer, thrower or xbower should have had the pleasure of experiencing this by now.

So why is this bug still there ? Is it unfixable ? Is it hardcoded ? Is it intended ? Is it due to a contract with the CIA ?

It's a clientside trajectory problem. This also happens with throwing and with the very low missile speed you can clearly see what is going on. Sometimes I throw and I see my projectile not hitting anything, then magically it teleports into an enemy's head and I get a kill. Of course the reverse also happens. It is caused by the client and the server not creating the same trajectory for the projectile thus what you see on your screen is not what is actually happening.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 12:29:36 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)
To the topic host, pretty ghost projectiles are based on clientside lag, you think you shot from a certain spot and that your target is a certain spot but really you aren't, therefore it's pretty impossible to fix ghost projectiles, it sucks, I know, I play a horsethrower and with that slow speed I usually see at least one clean hit pass through a target a day at close range, but there is no viable way to fix it.

And to Panos:
Shema is a lot better with 1h than with 2h, he also prefers 1h, so calling him biased is a bit silly.
And even I personally believe that pikes aren't broken, I mean come on, they're useless in one vs one if you play serious, and in group fights just block down, they're really not overpowered in any way.
Twohanded needs a lot of other fixes than just the stab, and a fix would preferably be an entirely different animation looking somewhat like the one we got now but with some lower range. (and a sweetspot fix ofc)
I support jumpthrowing, I believe it's a bit of a musthave due to how throwing works.
Don't remove bumphits from cav, however instead I'd love to see people being able to block while knocked down (but still not able to move, or block during the normal attack stun) and bump damage in general lowered.
And what crossbows needs isn't a special requirement, it (along with archery and throwing) needs to have shots deal damage based on how close they are to the ideal distance, as in, sure you'll hit with your arbalest while standing at a corner in ruins and some unsuspecting person comes along, but being so close will make the shot glance, shortly outside of facehug range the damage should become pretty normal again, at the ideal distance distance you should deal the damage that you currently deal at facehug range, and after that it should slowly go down again.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline marcus

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Quattro_Bajeena, Marcus_Aurelius, Riran, SylvioSharpe
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 12:37:31 am »
+4
when I used to own him [Huey] as cav

lol

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 866
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 12:51:59 am »
Another ranged qq thread.

DENIED

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 12:54:16 am »
buff archers

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 01:18:58 am »
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 01:21:56 am »
+8

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 02:26:04 am »
At the clientside lag explanation:

I am not talking about "lag" here. I am talking about projectiles that ghost through enemies who are stationary for 10 seconds while you shoot them in the body from 1m. There is no element involved here that has to do with a desync of client and server. Projectiles are going through targets that physically are not possible to be missed. And this going on like ... the dawn time ? It happens in native too but to a lot lower degree.

Another ranged qq thread.

DENIED

Saying "no" to a bugfix. I remember times where I actually wondered why everyone picked on Leshma :lol:

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 06:44:12 am »
Remove Panos!!!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 06:44:38 am »
- Give jump ability to throwers again

- Add PD req to xbows

- Remove the ability to jump with pikes/lspears

- Polethrust to all GS

- Remove bump slash, bump couch and bump lance thrust.

K?

Remove PANOS!!!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 07:53:40 am »
I don't read Leshma or Panos posts so just ignore them like I do and no derailing will ever be done. Can you reproduce this ghost arrows on EU3? Is it a model!=hit bones thingy? Does really happen more often with low projectile speed?

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 08:28:17 am »
- Give jump ability to throwers again Yes

- Add PD req to xbows no

- Remove the ability to jump with pikes/lspears no

- Polethrust to all GS yes

- Remove bump slash, bump couch and bump lance thrust. hardly ever happens, if it does its best death evaaaaa

K?

The Gsword lolstab is about as broken and OP as a thing can possibly be. After years of it still exsisting in this game, while other stuff gets nerfed and buffed with every patch back and forth, I do belive due to some consipracy its never gonna happen.

Man there are so few pikers in the game and those that have mastered ze art of the pike are pretty good players, that will probably own an entire team with whatever weapon you give in their hands. no need to nerf pikers, L2blockdown. Sry man, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree.

Offline tuttiritari

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 43
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TUTTIRITARI
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 10:22:25 am »
The difference between me and you is this.

I want total balance in the mod while you don`t.

Gurnisson is afraid that if pikes/lspears gets nerfed he wont be able to abuze.

You and shemaforash are afraid that if your beloved GS gets nerfed you wont be able to abuze anymor,thus you won`t feed your ego by topping the score board.

You shed tears when GS had a minor nerf.

I can only imagine what will happen if lolstab gets removed.

GG  abuzers :)

True xd