Author Topic: How to reduce long spear madness?  (Read 4126 times)

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
Re: How to reduce long spear madness?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 01:29:25 pm »
QQ all, l2b, seriously down block isn't hard. All you guys think is that oh look a longspear, easy kill. But oh wait he killed me by kicking and stabbing. Wait that must be OP, my amazing Great sword should win on every situation, this is surely not fair. QQ must nerf the longspear its unfair he has one attack direction.

Now to the serious part:

Learn to block.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 01:32:22 pm »
Yes, let everyone go support with a GGS and that ridiculously long lolstab instead. Seriously, why would anyone use a long spear over a GGS which is far superior in everything bar some length if you're supposed to be helpless 1v1 with a long spear, while the greatswords are possibly the best 1v1 weapons? There's a reason the long awlpike and bamboo spear is not used that much dedicated. Not that good for 1v1 after the turn nerf, and it's barely (if any) longer than the greatsword stabs, and the greatswords have a lot more possibilities...

HOLD THRUST-BACKPEDAL-JUMP-ABUZEHUGTHRUST.

repeat.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 01:34:36 pm »
you see guys, i started here as somebody who expected autoblock on multiplayer servers. i couldnt block for shit and tried cavalry and multiple other classes. as cavalry player i was extremely bad and when dismounted i only had a short spear to defend myself. It was extremely hard but in the end i could block some hits. At some point I couldnt take it anymore and went back to native multiplayer, i found myself a god there. it was super easy. I played various builds and got to know the long awlpike, i decided to make a skip the fun in crpg. It was not the same, it was way harder but i tried and i kept trying.
I looked at other players and observed their playstyle, i didnt observe friendly pikemen, but i looked at the enemy and tried to find weak spots in his defence, now im atleast an average long awlpiker, but im still learning all the time. at some point i also bought the long spear and tried it, again i had to adapt and find different weak spots in the enemies defence. I make a jump from time to time, but im not an excessive long spear frog. i even have had compliments for my stuck-to-the-ground playstyle in-game.
Now i recently bought a mw pike too and im still trying to find the right playstyle with it, but it will come soon and i will be able to tell that i can play 3 different playstyles, as those 3 pikes are totally different from eachother.

People are always bitching about some things pikers HAVE to do in order to be able to play their class, those are things like curve stabbing and jumping. There is alot of things that are just totally unrealistic and stupid about pikes that fuck up the playability of this class. one of these things is the fact that only stabbing works as an attack (you can just downblock and walk into a piker). People always think pikers are an easy target, but they are wrong. when i fight somebody, it is because i think i can win it from him or because i have to. when 3 people attack a piker and they are too stupid to adapt to the situation that they are facing a piker that knows what is behind his back, they shouldnt start crying when they all die.

As piker, one of the things that gives you the most kills is the fact that people try to hit you in the back with their block all open and their attack ready. you just have to turn around and stab. If some people dont want to learn to counter a pike, i think its not time yet to start nerfing. give pikes a buff first before you touch it. at the moment its just too stupid how one downblock can block a thousand (also 2H) stabs. And when i say, you can just break a formation of pikes by downblocking that is true, the fact that people die to it, is because  they are too stupid to charge them alone.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:47:44 pm by no_rules_just_play »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 01:58:59 pm »
+2
              I found the longspear/pike pretty easy against most people in 1 vs 1 for one very simple reason. Its not that im a skilled fighter or even above average, its not even the longspear being op (1 attack direction with avg pierce damage) Its simply because people are stupid. They see a guy with a longspear and think ATTACK! They think all they need to do is block once then spam and they will win, its pure stupidity. Teeth is an awesome piker but if you hold down block and don't run strait into a kick he cant do a lot.

for the record you may need to down block twice before closing the gap omg! (that's why most people die :D)

Edit! Forgot to add that on the battlefield 1 vs 1 is rare. you can fight against 2 people with most weapons but with the pikes you stand no chance against two people who dont act like retards :P
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:04:37 pm by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 05:46:56 pm »
+4
Everything is fine, just DOWNBLOCK and you completely shut down a longspear.

Don't nerf our shit.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 05:58:56 pm »
+2
No more melee nerfs, time for melee buffs if anything. Get a shi- I mean hold downblock. There's no way a long spear is double hitting anyone, just don't expect to always be able to double hit against him.

Long spear is not a good 1v1 weapon imo, I would rather have any other weapon in that situation

This 2 hand lolstab campaign is over the top too imo. Its a good attack, but I die to swings way more than to stabs
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 06:05:10 pm »
+1
It`s about the stupidity that you're able to face stab with a 245 weapon at facehugging distance. You agree, oh mighty know-it-all Teeth?

it's quite stupid that someone with a medieval bow can headshot you intentionally from over 100 mt, isn't it?

yep it's so easy using longspear.. it's just strange i see so few players good with it on 1vs1 (teeth chase and someone else). ffs just downblock if you can't fight. and the kick problem has always been there, it's just you get bersekr against a longspear user, and you don't care about kicks.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 06:09:23 pm »
+1
Reduce it's damage by 10-15 % and it'll be fine. SUPPORT weapon , remember ? When there's 5 of these standing behind the enemy front line poking at you for 40-50% of your hp each, well that's a bit too much.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2013, 06:20:01 pm »
it's quite stupid that someone with a medieval bow can headshot you intentionally from over 100 mt, isn't it?

yep it's so easy using longspear.. it's just strange i see so few players good with it on 1vs1 (teeth chase and someone else). ffs just downblock if you can't fight. and the kick problem has always been there, it's just you get bersekr against a longspear user, and you don't care about kicks.
Quoting out of context like a baws.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 06:38:41 pm »
+1
you can fight against 2 people with most weapons but with the pikes you stand no chance against two people who dont act like retards :P

Fighting against pikers 1 vs 1 isn't a problem, if I die in such situation that's my fault, noone else. But in battle fighting against anyone with piker behind his back is really annoying.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2013, 06:52:10 pm »
+4
Hell, even GrannPappy can downblock a spear.

There are plenty of glitchy moves for various weapons in c-RPG. At least make a list and ask for them all to be fixed instead of just singling out one of them.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2013, 08:14:16 pm »
+2
Personally I don't like longspear/pike users.

But logically, I love seeing them on the battlefield because they are great for team play.  Anything that encourages more teamwork is a-okay by me (as long as you stop stabbing my horse and using night time to hide your longspear in plain sight)

And it's not just the pike or long spear, any weapon is affected by this (2h lolstab, being able to bump couch with a lance, etc), it's just part of warband and cRPG and don't expect that to change any time soon.

ENOUGH WITH THE QQ.  Use your suggestions to make strategus better, or to bring up ideas for M:BG. 

Let's see some suggestion threads to help enhance teamwork or communications or individual player's tactics.  Suggesting nerfs is so 2011.

Reduce it's damage by 10-15 % and it'll be fine. SUPPORT weapon , remember ? When there's 5 of these standing behind the enemy front line poking at you for 40-50% of your hp each, well that's a bit too much.

NO, that's actually not enough (being 100% serious).  Would be awesome to start seeing more "formations" fighting for infantry.

Everything is fine, just DOWNBLOCK and you completely shut down a longspear.

Don't nerf our shit.

To paraphrase "don't nerf me bro"
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:19:46 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2013, 08:50:34 pm »
+1
NO, that's actually not enough (being 100% serious).  Would be awesome to start seeing more "formations" fighting for infantry.

It may look awesome but will inevitably play dull.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 08:52:18 pm »
+1
formations dont work so well because they get raped by ranged as you cant use your shield and strike
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 08:52:35 pm »
+2
Unless you want to ruin the game further by applying even MORE angle limitations, go ahead.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.