Author Topic: What needs to be changed with version 0.220  (Read 57464 times)

Offline Zion

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolves_Zion
Re: What needs to be changed with version 0.220
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2011, 04:35:53 pm »
Inhumanetie you can also use a Fighting Axe and Langes Messer as 2H and just 1 slot, there might be others that i'm not aware of.

And i agree with Adhonis in a way, i was always an archer and I was kinda shocked when the patch arrived but after few hours of playing, you realise that it works just fine, and that everyone as been nerfed in a way... So we are absolutely not penalized imo.

And one thing i could really notice is that teamplay with my partners from chevaliers francs just became more effective. All good:p
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:39:14 pm by Zion »
Wolf Packed

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2011, 04:55:01 pm »
Im pretty sure Spike mace is 1 slot 2h wep
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2011, 05:29:49 pm »
If I buy the goedendag, the gold disappears and the weapon is nowhere, I think it's in the inventory I just can't see it. Please fix.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2011, 06:01:15 pm »
The oneshotting throwers wasn't enough, now we have piercing longbows (wtf longbows didn't work vs plate, they needed crossbows for that) which oneshot or deal 90% hp damage with one arrow. I don't find it fun and won't be playing much because of it. Maybe if you give 2h the ability to launch a lightsaber, it will be balanced. (call it force throw)

If you actually use the damage calculator you will find that the longbow does worse damage than before against light to medium armored opponents (30 cut went to 23 pierce), the only ones it has become more powerful against is tin cans.  So if you are feeling the pain, thats your issue.

Also, archers accuracy was nerfed in the hotfix, so all those people complaining about archery realize that it is the same as just before the patch except half as much ammo or less because of the inventory slot changes.

Inhuman there are quite a few low level 1hers that count as 0 slot items that are useable.  You may have to retire and restat to have 1her skill, i like the spiked mace, and would agree that 2handed weapons that you carry on your hip like bows that you carry on your hip, should be 1 slot items (i.e. longsword, bastard sword, etc.) otherwise ahlf of archers will be using spiked mace or really low level 1hers.

Also, they have already said the hidden items issue (goedendag and others) will be fixed in the next patch/hotfix.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Adhonis

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adonis Adonis_of_Phoenicia Achtung_Panzer
« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2011, 06:47:40 pm »
Sorry but with medium armour I got damaged several times to 90% of my hp, so one thing is the theory you say and other the reality players find when they play.

And ye less ammo, but archers have more posibilites and less slots means less shields so archers will hit more and with more dmg now.
"E tan, e epi tan"
"Come home with your shield or upon it”-  Spartan woman to her son.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2011, 07:25:49 pm »
If you actually use the damage calculator you will find that the longbow does worse damage than before against light to medium armored opponents (30 cut went to 23 pierce), the only ones it has become more powerful against is tin cans.  So if you are feeling the pain, thats your issue.

Also, archers accuracy was nerfed in the hotfix, so all those people complaining about archery realize that it is the same as just before the patch except half as much ammo or less because of the inventory slot changes.

Inhuman there are quite a few low level 1hers that count as 0 slot items that are useable.  You may have to retire and restat to have 1her skill, i like the spiked mace, and would agree that 2handed weapons that you carry on your hip like bows that you carry on your hip, should be 1 slot items (i.e. longsword, bastard sword, etc.) otherwise ahlf of archers will be using spiked mace or really low level 1hers.

Also, they have already said the hidden items issue (goedendag and others) will be fixed in the next patch/hotfix.

And why would i then decide once every few rounds to wear plate if i then get demolished anyway. I found the old, noobish solution to carry a shield even when playing a 2h still works (it has been nerfed as well, i needed to buy a lower tier shield, couldn't use my old shield anymore). I don't want to get oneshot if i pay the upkeep for plate unless it's a 36str build character wielding a slow and short, heavy hammer. Cav is a little better (more balanced) than pre-patch, still being oneshot by a running couched lance, which is also unblockable, sucks. (fast moving, unblockable, oneshots. lol)

This thread is about what we don't like so don't take it as whining, overall i'm pretty happy with the patch, and look forward to strategus to have some more meaningful battles.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2011, 07:33:30 pm »
Longbow needs a nerf got killed by 2 arrows from one longbow user i had 75 hp 8 if 56 body armor fully mail mamuluke gear...

Both shots in body region 1 chest 1 arm

Awesome too much counterstrike for my taste sry ....
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Sayton

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2011, 07:33:58 pm »
Based on my experience from siege mode:

Defenders shouldn't be able to build siege towers and other structures that can block paths to the flag.

The catapults are kind of useless, they make it harder for the attackers instead of the other way around (this is partially because of stupid players who shoot at the gatehouse and walls where ladders connect). I don't know exactly what changes needs to be done.

Offline krauth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2011, 07:52:35 pm »
I am unable to see my Masterwork pike in the heirloom list, will it appear when I hit 31 and retire?

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2011, 07:55:34 pm »
no, because there is no 4th level of looming.
my mw weapons dont show either

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2011, 07:58:52 pm »
no, because there is no 4th level of looming.
my mw weapons dont show either

They will return when they think your worthy of them!

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2011, 08:02:54 pm »
They will return when they think your worthy of them!

nice try to troll or your not capable of reading?

Offline Fayst

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2011, 08:04:29 pm »
Warspear should be a 1 slot weapon, i can live with the damage nerf and requirement 11 but atleast make it a 1slot weapon :)

+1

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2011, 08:05:09 pm »
nice try to troll or your not capable of reading?

sigh  :rolleyes:

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2011, 08:07:19 pm »
sigh  :rolleyes: