Author Topic: What needs to be changed with version 0.220  (Read 57385 times)

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
Re: What needs to be changed with version 0.220
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2011, 01:57:16 am »
nerf the archers, it's impossible to play as 2 handers :(

in-game equipment selection was quite good system. bring it back.

please put some pictures of the new armors

and most important of all, bring strategus back  8-)

that's all, thanks for the new website design it's awesome!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Havoc3D

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2011, 03:32:12 am »
I am missing my heavy crossbow, my hunting crossbow, and all the armor that wasn't in my default kit (saranid archer set)

It still looks like it's in the webgui, but i can't use it in-game

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2011, 03:41:13 am »
I am missing my heavy crossbow, my hunting crossbow, and all the armor that wasn't in my default kit (saranid archer set)

It still looks like it's in the webgui, but i can't use it in-game

Not sure if its this problem but you cant select what you want to use in game you have to select it out of game.

If its still in your webui can you not equip it on there?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2011, 05:34:01 am »
Is only being able to use your loadout default gear a feature, or a bug? As it stands you are unable to put a weapon in all four default slots if the total number of slots exceeds the limit of 4. So for example, I am unable to put Poleaxe, Long Maul, Pike, and Iron Staff in the slots and remove/decide which to use in game. More of a hassle than anything else, and makes characters even within one proficiency more static than situational. I would personally like to see all of my equipment choices in-game rather than having to go to the site, redo my defaults, disconnect from the server, reconnect to the server.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline _Savein_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm French So What....
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2011, 05:46:39 am »
This was a really unnecessary patch. All they did was screw us. They jacked the prices through the dam roof. I was in the server for 3 mins and lost 3k for nothing. When i first bought my HighLand ClayMore it was i think 9k and now they jacked it up to 12k. I'm now paying 700 for my repairs. This is complete bull shit. And i also lost 8k for absolutely no reason. left the server came back in and boom!. What they did here was just like when infinity ward fired there head Dev's. Now why they did this patch is beyond me. i would of thought they would of brought this patch out to fix some of these weapons, or to fix the grind to level 31=which i may add is dumb. Now all i asked is they fix the prices on the weapons, and give people they shit back, and just fix all of this. PLZ!

I apologies about my anger. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:01:51 am by Savein »
I'm French... So what Doesn't make me any worse then I already am..

Offline Socrates

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Philosophy is a way of life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ascended Order
  • Game nicks: Socrates
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2011, 06:06:07 am »
Dropping your lance when you change weapons. Horsemen should be able to switch to a side weapon without needing to drop their main weapon...
The act of justice is not determined by the state.

Offline OoberNoob

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_OoberNoob
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2011, 06:14:21 am »
Havent been able to play much lately but what I have experienced with this new patch has been mostly positive.  I play as cav and while it can be inconvenient at times I like the way I cant just hide my lance away in my back pocket when I switch weapons now... I just keep forgetting I dont have it anymore when I need it. Same with the pike.

I dont know if its just me but I experienced HUGE lag spikes randomly, multiple times in only 15 min or so of playing. I havent seen anyone else bring it up so its probably just me...

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work!

Offline Ohngesicht

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2011, 08:24:37 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4591.0.html   <--- Link to thread/poll.

Why the xp nerfs? Because people can retire twice a day? OK, and? They don't gain anything from retiring constantly, other than marginally more variety. The people that are gen 20 already have full or mostly full triple heirloomed gear so they can't get any better in the gear department. The real benefit of retiring over and over is simply getting to reroll and experimenting with stats. And that's not an ingame advantage, that's just having fun, enjoying variety. What you DO do is kill the gen 20 and highers enjoying of their variety, thus making them more likely to quit because they're bored of the same old same old, and make it even harder for newer players to catch up, forever doomed to be outgeared basically.

Seriously, revert it. I'm Gen1, lvl 20 something and hate the xp nerfs.

Offline Ichi_Uiabuu

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2011, 08:28:12 am »
Dropping your lance when you change weapons. Horsemen should be able to switch to a side weapon without needing to drop their main weapon...

how, by carrying it with their prehensile tail?

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2011, 10:48:06 am »
"choosing" only from default gear is a feature to limit the lag and improve the performance of the servers i suppose?

if so i'd still like to see lets say 5 free additional inventory/bag slots on web page where you could put any gear and from these 5 selected items you could choose what to take before every battle. like for example i'd have there a ladder, siege shield, different weapon and 2 different armors. every battle recquires something else and this what we have now is to limiting.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:50:08 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2011, 11:10:56 am »
Cant buy a greataxe (2h)
The " hide item i cannot use" does not work.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:17:08 am by Gatsby »

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2011, 11:34:27 am »
"choosing" only from default gear is a feature to limit the lag and improve the performance of the servers i suppose?

if so i'd still like to see lets say 5 free additional inventory/bag slots on web page where you could put any gear and from these 5 selected items you could choose what to take before every battle. like for example i'd have there a ladder, siege shield, different weapon and 2 different armors. every battle recquires something else and this what we have now is to limiting.
Funny how it's made to reduce lag, yet since this patch it's just lag lag lag...
But serioussly, I had no lag problems before patch so why not just let us choose from all our equipment? or like Beauchamp said.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2011, 12:35:54 pm »
"Defend the Village"
Grinders haven and boring as it can get.
Already being abused by drawing bots to unreachable locations and shooting them or just waiting for draw as the multiplier stays atm.
So there are now people grinding x5 for hours already and getting braindead in the effort. I heard from one guy who made 50k gold in 2 hours ...

Did i call you names? No? Well Mr. fail troll Dude wont start now.

LOL! You fail! You didn't read my previous posts, just the ones you can troll about. So, arguing with you is pretty useless, I despise your kind of troll. *leaves*
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2011, 12:40:27 pm »
This new polearm stab animation looks weird. I mean what the hell was the problem with the normal one?

It's possible to learn stabbing, but the animation looks so machine-like, it kills my eyes.

The holding is nice though, but the release.. x.x

Also, why the hell did lancers got nerfed like crazy? My horse died in one hit all the time, and now I can't even use a lance normally.

It isn't even realistic! My god.

Is it true that archers and shielders got buffed? *dies*

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #209 on: April 30, 2011, 12:45:27 pm »
After some additional testing I can't see any reason not to go Polearm instead of Two-Handed.

Polearm is vastly superior in every way now, better range resulting in the first attack, faster strikes, better damage, better thrust, weapon stun and hit stun, shieldbreaking, a large variety of items designed for different things such as lances for cavalry, pikes for anti-cav, etc.

I can't see or haven't found any advantage of taking two-handed instead, it's simply inferior. The Great Swords among other recieved a huge nerf, even some 1-handed weapons have more thrust damage now, is this intended?

The two-handed thrust is completely screwed up, slower then a polearm thrust and glancing blows is a common thing. It's so slow that after my opponent has attacked me and I try to thrust him I'll miss it cause he can simply spam me.

Not to mention how stuttering and laggy the thrust looks, don't you have some form of quality check before you introducing things like that?

A post containing only complaints without constructive criticism is bad and retarded so here goes: Smooth out the animation and get rid of the stuttering laggy look, speed it up to the equivelent polearm thrust animation or simply revert back to the pre-patch one. Buffing thrust damage will not work here since the thrust is pretty much unuseable as it is.

However, if this is what you want, fine, but atleast give us a heirloom reset so we can go polearm spamming like the rest.
Free Bjordhinn!