Author Topic: What needs to be changed with version 0.220  (Read 57441 times)

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What needs to be changed with version 0.220
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2011, 08:41:36 pm »
After some additional testing I can't see any reason not to go Polearm instead of Two-Handed.

Polearm is vastly superior in every way now, better range resulting in the first attack, faster strikes, better damage, better thrust, weapon stun and hit stun, shieldbreaking, a large variety of items designed for different things such as lances for cavalry, pikes for anti-cav, etc.

I can't see or haven't found any advantage of taking two-handed instead, it's simply inferior. The Great Swords among other recieved a huge nerf, even some 1-handed weapons have more thrust damage now, is this intended?

The two-handed thrust is completely screwed up, slower then a polearm thrust and glancing blows is a common thing. It's so slow that after my opponent has attacked me and I try to thrust him I'll miss it cause he can simply spam me.

Not to mention how stuttering and laggy the thrust looks, don't you have some form of quality check before you introducing things like that?

A post containing only complaints without constructive criticism is bad and retarded so here goes: Smooth out the animation and get rid of the stuttering laggy look, speed it up to the equivelent polearm thrust animation or simply revert back to the pre-patch one. Buffing thrust damage will not work here since the thrust is pretty much unuseable as it is.

However, if this is what you want, fine, but atleast give us a heirloom reset so we can go polearm spamming like the rest.
DId you ever asked yourself: why do i use Stab with my 2h sword that often?
I will tell you, because its (it was) OP and much faster than any other weapons thrust!
Did you ever asked yourself: why do i hit so many times with my stab?
Beacause the animation doesent show your challanger when it starts to hit in opposite to polearms which is pretty easy to see when does the hit time start.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2011, 08:53:02 pm »
opposite to polearms which is pretty easy to see when does the hit time start.

Disagree. Quite frankly, the new polearm animation is pretty hard to tell when starts.

Also, the 2H stab needed a nerf, but it was a bit overnerfed, I would say.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2011, 08:57:05 pm »
DId you ever asked yourself: why do i use Stab with my 2h sword that often?
I will tell you, because its (it was) OP and much faster than any other weapons thrust!
Did you ever asked yourself: why do i hit so many times with my stab?
Beacause the animation doesent show your challanger when it starts to hit in opposite to polearms which is pretty easy to see when does the hit time start.

You've failed to see what I wrote.

What I wrote are hard facts and is not about pre-patch thrust. It's about the current thrust.

And with your flavour of the month builds and your ability to manual-block I'm hardly surprised you'll have problem seeing the thrust. You have a problem to see any strike.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2011, 08:59:24 pm »
Disagree. Quite frankly, the new polearm animation is pretty hard to tell when starts.

Also, the 2H stab needed a nerf, but it was a bit overnerfed, I would say.
Ok i explain you the animation
1. You pull the polearm back to your chest and bend down a bit.
2. You release to hit and it takes a long time.
Plz explain me why you dont see the bend down.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:00:42 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2011, 09:03:32 pm »
You've failed to see what I wrote.

What I wrote are hard facts and is not about pre-patch thrust. It's about the current thrust.

And with your flavour of the month builds and your ability to manual-block I'm hardly surprised you'll have problem seeing the thrust. You have a problem to see any strike.
Hey in addiotion Phy, With stab you dont have to touch the players body with the tip of your sword when you spam your circles.
BUT THE THRUST IS ALL ABOUT THE TIP!

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 30, 2011, 09:07:53 pm »
Hey in addiotion Phy, With stab you dont have to touch the players body with the tip of your sword when you spam your circles.
BUT THE THRUST IS ALL ABOUT THE TIP!

You couldn't do circle spinthrusts with the previous thrust, with the current one you can though.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2011, 09:14:28 pm »
You couldn't do circle spinthrusts with the previous thrust, with the current one you can though.
Wait a sec. I had a break for one month, maybe something mystical happened, i really dont know. But as far as i remember it was the bigges OP-thing ever. You and your 2h-friends spamed around and hit evreything with this stab even if the challanger was that close, you would normaly hit him with your grasp/fist.
Come on, and i killed evrybody one time or more on duell you cant tell me i dont know circle spinthrusts ;D
And damit, you told me you have played 2h from start up. How do you know anything about any other weapon?
The problem you discuss: i try to thrust him but he spams me(...), was on polearm all the time :D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:24:06 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2011, 09:31:29 pm »
Wait a sec. I had a break for one month, maybe something mystical happened, i really dont know. But as far as i remember it was the bigges OP-thing ever. You and your 2h-friends spamed around and hit evreything with this stab even if the challanger was that close, you would normaly hit him with your grasp/fist.
Come on, and i killed evrybody one time or more on duell you cant tell me i dont know circle spinthrusts ;D
And damit, you told me you have played 2h from start up. How do you know anything about any other weapon?
The problem you discuss: i try to thrust him but he spams me(...), was on polearm all the time :D

Thing is right, overpowered as it might've been, 2h is just not viable anymore in comparison to polearm which is better in every aspect.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2011, 09:36:21 pm »
Thing is right, overpowered as it might've been, 2h is just not viable anymore in comparison to polearm which is better in every aspect.
NOt valuable anymore, Oh im excited what weapon you will up come with 8)
I hope you will find this OP polearm you are talking about. Because if you find the one you either did my work  :lol:

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2011, 09:38:34 pm »
Now now ladies lets not fight about it.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2011, 09:39:11 pm »
NOt valuable anymore, Oh im excited what weapon you will up come with 8)
I hope you will find this OP polearm you are talking about. Because if you find the one you either did my work  :lol:

Viable*

I've already found one, Long Great Axe, getting more kills with it then my MW German Greatsword with no polearm wfp.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2011, 09:47:06 pm »
Viable*

I've already found one, Long Great Axe, getting more kills with it then my MW German Greatsword with no polearm wfp.

Its to deal with the clothe wearing peasants but i find people who are in armor have a fair chance against me, then again the german greatsword has the lolstab, or has that been removed?

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2011, 09:50:33 pm »
Viable*

hm its not my style but you should check out knobbed mace. Most sexiest Pole Ever, it also got the viability to satisfy girls on server but sadly its much slower after the patch and unballanced (girls could cool down).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:52:08 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2011, 10:41:22 pm »
I'm glad about the thrust nerf for 2handers. Yes, not that many people could use spinthrust effectively (though more and more people were learning it), and yes, you can just block down. But imo it made 2handed fights look retarded, I'm glad its gone. Seeing every 2hander run around stab spamming was really silly.

It also makes other 2handers more viable (the top few 2handed swords aren't automatically the best weapons in the category anymore).

More variety, less stab spam fights. Can only be a good thing.
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 30, 2011, 10:46:14 pm »
I'm glad about the thrust nerf for 2handers. Yes, not that many people could use spinthrust effectively (though more and more people were learning it), and yes, you can just block down. But imo it made 2handed fights look retarded, I'm glad its gone. Seeing every 2hander run around stab spamming was really silly.

It also makes other 2handers more viable (the top few 2handed swords aren't automatically the best weapons in the category anymore).

More variety, less stab spam fights. Can only be a good thing.
Agreed.