Author Topic: did one handed turn speed get adjusted??  (Read 4335 times)

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
Re: did one handed turn speed get adjusted??
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 07:01:27 pm »
+2
Yes it is true, those weapons knock me down most of the time. And I don't think that Barmace has higher chance, it's probably the same (based on PS or whatever). And imho Barmace and Great Maul having same knock down chance like Flanged mace, that's silly.

Sorry Leshma, but what you say is just plain wrong. Knockdown mainly is based on weight (Warhammer 2.5kg, Bar Mace 4.5kg which is a huge difference). A Warhammer knockdowns quite often but it also has a very short range (unlike Bar Mace). It is very easy to outreach this weapon. It also costs 3k more gold than the Bar Mace and deals less damage. Maces with less weight like the Iberian or below don't knockdown that often. You should play a gen as shielder instead of spreading myths here.

Claiming that a Warhammer most of the time onehits you is simply a lie.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 07:03:31 pm »
+3
mw warhammer have 3 weight,and it is able to knockdown. If that is bullshit then it is also bullshit when 2h mace with 2 weight can do the same.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 07:05:53 pm »
+1
Yes it is true, those weapons knock me down most of the time. And I don't think that Barmace has higher chance, it's probably the same (based on PS or whatever). And imho Barmace and Great Maul having same knock down chance like Flanged mace, that's silly.

All 2h knockdown weapons have ridiculously high chances of KD and stun because they are bloody heavy. Butan's barmace can stun my shield, and it is also very fast. Weight is important in the CT formula iirc.

Hiltwhat? I haven't been hiltslashed in ages myself, and doing it on my own is so much harder than it used to be. I used to harass turtles with it, now that's ten times harder to do than it was before. And Dadao is slower, you are probably thinking of Miadoao.

Stun? Maybe that works if you have 10 PS or more, personally I've rarely seen anyone stunned long enough to be able to hit him twice.

Yes probably miaodao but whatever, hiltslashing is rare chadz be praised, but still happens. Also HBS.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 07:18:34 pm »
+12
About knockdown:
Max knockdown chance is 30% IIRC, and depends on raw damage and weapon weight for the most part.
The reason you feel 1h maces knockdown so much is because you get hit much more by them.
If you need 2 hits to kill someone, then it's fairly low chance that the one hit (remember: they die on the second hit) will knock you down, but if you need 3 or more hits, then you suddenly got double the amount of hits landing, making knockdown appear to happen more often with 1h.

About turn speed adjusting:
You say that 1h got a huge bonus from this. No. Short and light weapons did. Yes, 1h got a better range of turning from this AND they are the ones with the shortest and lightest weapons. But if you are complaining about short and light weapons getting a buff, then please think about what you are saying. Before, more reach was always better. Same with weapon weight, for the most part. Now they made choosing a lighter and shorter weapon more viable and gave them one real advantage, when they really only had drawbacks before. Why complain about that?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 07:20:59 pm »
so basicly , kicks got nerfed to oblivion, crushthrough got nerfed to oblivion, and 1 handed were made demi gods? lol 1 handed was eazymod already now its just gonna be fully op. kinngrimm been bribing the dev team???  and **** your downvotes nabs. i play 1handed most of time and this is just rediculous unballanced haha

quoted for truth, im rerolling shield. forums full of downvoting shield noobs also.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2900
  • Infamy: 2608
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 07:27:39 pm »
+1
Yes probably miaodao but whatever, hiltslashing is rare chadz be praised, but still happens. Also HBS.

Didn't say 2H is harder to play than 1H... just that 1H isn't hard at all like some people seem to think. And Dadao was just an example. Of course than HBS and other OP 2H weapons pwn most 1H weapons, mainly because they have lolstab.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 07:27:57 pm »
quoted for truth, im rerolling shield. forums full of downvoting shield noobs also.

Tell us when you change back to 2h because shielder isn't as easy as you think.  :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 591
  • Infamy: 340
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 07:31:18 pm »
+1
Sorry Leshma, but what you say is just plain wrong. Knockdown mainly is based on weight.

That's not true. I know because I used Quarter/Iron staff for quite a long time and I know that with PS knockdown chance goes up substantially.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 192
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 07:31:50 pm »
+1
Tell us when you change back to 2h because shielder isn't as easy as you think.  :rolleyes:

I'm not playing my main because I don't have the gear for it (loomed stuff).

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 07:32:29 pm »
kk done a couple gens 1h before tho, was very easy before so...

edit: that was before new valor system which totally favour shield, and now I dont have to learn to fight vs maul or kickers...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:45:01 pm by Banok »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 07:50:03 pm »
+2
kk done a couple gens 1h before tho, was very easy before so...

edit: that was before new valor system which totally favour shield, and now I dont have to learn to fight vs maul or kickers...

So why'd you go back to 2h hero if 1h/shield was "so easy" before?  Apparently not "as easy" as 2h?

not that "being easy" has any business in this argument, but let's play some devil's advocate with your logic and see what comes out of it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 09:27:35 pm »
+1
So why'd you go back to 2h hero if 1h/shield was "so easy" before?  Apparently not "as easy" as 2h?

not that "being easy" has any business in this argument, but let's play some devil's advocate with your logic and see what comes out of it.

Have you ever given a shield to a new player and suddenly he could play the game?  I had a number of friends that played the game, a lot of them  could not do very well at all, even after several months of playing it every day, until I told them to try out shielder.  The difference it made in their score was astounding, but when they lost their shield, lol.  Yeah, pretty sure shielder is easier then 2h...  The list of shielders who cannot fight without their shield (Dies immediately when it breaks) is incredibly long.  Shields shore up that skill level gap pretty well.  When an experienced player has a shield in his hands, it makes their play so much more consistent.  They are more effective in that there is no directional mess ups, and you can't pressure their reaction time because it's either block or not blocking.  They don't have to worry about if they are blocking the correct way or not whatsoever, it's just block.

I guess you could say it would be the same thing if you replaced all four of the buttons on a controller with one, then played a game like God of War where you have to press the correct button at the right time.  But now you only have 1 to press...

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 09:40:48 pm »
+8

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »
+3
Shields are great if you don't know how to block and feint properly, but as soon as you got a good blocking skills, 2h spam gets alot more viable. More damage, more reach, not any noticable difference in attack speed. And as always, when a class that isnt 2hers get buffed abit, all you 2h heroes start shitting bricks and crying like fucking babies, like always.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 09:49:51 pm »
+1
Have you ever given a shield to a new player and suddenly he could play the game?  I had a number of friends that played the game, a lot of them  could not do very well at all, even after several months of playing it every day, until I told them to try out shielder.  The difference it made in their score was astounding, but when they lost their shield, lol.  Yeah, pretty sure shielder is easier then 2h...  The list of shielders who cannot fight without their shield (Dies immediately when it breaks) is incredibly long.  Shields shore up that skill level gap pretty well.  When an experienced player has a shield in his hands, it makes their play so much more consistent.  They are more effective in that there is no directional mess ups, and you can't pressure their reaction time because it's either block or not blocking.  They don't have to worry about if they are blocking the correct way or not whatsoever, it's just block.

I guess you could say it would be the same thing if you replaced all four of the buttons on a controller with one, then played a game like God of War where you have to press the correct button at the right time.  But now you only have 1 to press...

Maybe it helps them gain some confidence and stay alive longer cuz the game can be pretty overwhelming to start since a lot of shit is going on at once, but mediocre/poor shielders are still fodder just like mediocre/poor 2h.

I've also seen a lot well known high scoring 2h heroes try shielding and suddenly their scores went quite a ways down. The movement style is different and picking a shield up certainly did not act as an instant booster so saying it is easy mode and replacing 4 buttons with 1 is fairly ridiculous. yes it will be easier if your only objective is staying alive longer then by all means go get 7-8 shield skill and a +3 huscarl shield and spend all round holding it up, you will last longer but won't kill anything so that is not very productive.