Author Topic: So list of ninja patch changes.  (Read 9388 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: So list of ninja patch changes.
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2013, 09:55:24 pm »
well technically isnt damage have some randomness and damage still part of crushthrough formula?
Factors in the damage before soak etc. There is no randomness to it.
base damage of the weapon, amplified by strength, PS, movement speed / holding / sweet spots. + Weapon weight vs their weapon weight.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 941
  • Infamy: 2240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2013, 10:09:49 pm »
+1
People complained about horse knockdown for forever, its a good change.

No, it's not a good change. FYI, I've played this mod when horses couldn't bump teammates (like in early native versions) and that was okay. But this isn't, bump is very annoying (I personally hate it) but it's necessary. Not to mention how silly it looks when light horse just interrupts you and doesn't knock you over.

Another problem is so called test server. Just when I adapt to new changes, switching to EU4 means horses can knock me over again.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2013, 10:48:08 pm »
No, it's not a good change. FYI, I've played this mod when horses couldn't bump teammates (like in early native versions) and that was okay. But this isn't, bump is very annoying (I personally hate it) but it's necessary. Not to mention how silly it looks when light horse just interrupts you and doesn't knock you over.

Another problem is so called test server. Just when I adapt to new changes, switching to EU4 means horses can knock me over again.
i dont get it, if a horse comes at you you are gonna stabit anyways, right? So what are you adapting to?
How annoying and rage inducing bumps might be they shouldnt have been removed i agree
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2878
  • Infamy: 2449
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2013, 10:51:05 pm »
+1
Well I could stab if I had stabbing weapon at that time.

Nothing is rage inducing as ranged, bumps and horses are bellow that level.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2013, 10:51:59 pm »
Well I could stab if I had stabbing weapon at that time.
Allright i see but youll still try to evade and hit it, right? :P
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2056
  • Infamy: 873
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2013, 10:56:07 pm »
+1
Allright i see but youll still try to evade and hit it, right? :P

I was slow, using a slow weapon with no stab. Of course that with 8 ath and GGS I can take cav without any problem. That's what I do the best.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 11:02:37 pm »
I was slow, using a slow weapon with no stab. Of course that with 8 ath and GGS I can take cav without any problem. That's what I do the best.
what is your current ath?

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 11:08:43 pm »
what is your current ath?
He was using an alt.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2210
  • Infamy: 461
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2013, 11:11:40 pm »
+1
It's not too shabby actually (ath 6) but feels incredibly slow in 20 something weight armor, I'm used to high ath and less armor. But the map itself wasn't helping, it was that small map with one road, small bridge and forest up north.

He was using an alt.

My main has 6 ath, as well.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27:37 pm »
+1
any cav nerfs are good, if you disagree you're bad or cav
FREE ALLERS

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2013, 11:44:16 pm »
cmp, can you explain exactly what the changes were to horse bumps?

People are saying bumps don't work for Arabian and Courser cav anymore.  I'm interested in the actual mechanics of it, what horses it effects and how it was changed.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2013, 11:57:39 pm »
Yeah, honestly, I'm trying to hold back my shitposts until this stuff hits NA.  People are saying horses below Destrier(?) no longer knock players down.  People agree that cav is gross I guess, but I'm one of those gay realism > balance guys.  I'd assume any horse with below 120hp, because that would put destrier in line with "heavy cav," having as much as the War horse.

I wouldn't argue as passionately as some others - I'm glad you're putting thought into countering cav.  I thought it was appropriate, but you see some of the best cav players argue against their own playstyle.  BADPLAYER, bless his heart, was boycotting his own class a month ago.

I think 80-100% max speed should still floor a player on the lighter horses.  My bias stems from carrying an anti-cav polearm, but I know how frustrating it is to be knocked down as a 100% aware shielder by a just-past-trotting arabian.  When I think 'nerf cav', heavy horses come to mind, but their charge should be more devastating, and that was only portrayed through bump damage before.  I agree there should be a difference between light and heavy bumps.  Something more punishing than the 1-second "Argh" stun as a rouncey plows into you full speed, but less punishing than being completely floored by an Arabian Warhorse weaving through a melee fight at half speed.  Again, just thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:02:24 am by Uumdi »

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2013, 12:14:17 am »
+4

I think 80-100% max speed should still floor a player on the lighter horses.  My bias stems from carrying an anti-cav polearm, but I know how frustrating it is to be knocked down as a 100% aware shielder by a just-past-trotting arabian.  When I think 'nerf cav', heavy horses come to mind, but their charge should be more devastating, and that was only portrayed through bump damage before.  I agree there should be a difference between light and heavy bumps.  Something more punishing than the 1-second "Argh" stun as a rouncey plows into you full speed, but less punishing than being completely floored by an Arabian Warhorse weaving through a melee fight at half speed.  Again, just thoughts.

Summarizes my thoughts. Removing it from light cav is better than we have now in my opinion (coming from a rouncey 1h/lancer, previously used destrier), but I would optimally prefer that you just need to be going at a reasonable speed before expecting to bump someone. That will make terrain much more important, and cav will have to think about the proper angle to approach infantry. Light bumps will still stun of course, but I think complete knockdown should be rewarded through proper execution, not given to you on a silver platter for the lightly armoured horses.

I also still think that if your horse gets stopped, the rider should be momentarily stunned. Usually when this happens to me, I get off my horse and kill the hoplite/piker who has a disadvantage on foot. I also don't like how the horse covers you, since I often keep full health even when dehorsed, making me more of a threat against my enemy now than when I was on the horse. I would be fine if the horse covers you as long as the rider sustains damage based on the speed when dehorsed (dehorsed when still = no hp, dehorsed at max speed = hefty amount). Completely controllable by the rider (don't be risky when your horse has low health) and helps infantry and ranged without being overly punishing against the cav player.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2013, 01:41:50 am »
+1
Should get rid of it from every horse or none at all, removing knockdown from lower tier horses bumps just incentivizes people to use heavy horses which are already the most broken out of all horses.

Ideally all horses should just do the "stagger" that stops people from blocking or attacking when bumped instead of being full on knocked down because a 100% chance to knock down on something that you can't block is completely ridiculous when you think about it and probably the most OP thing about cav. 
Every horse should also take the same amount of damage to the head that it already does to the legs since the legs aren't always easy to hit with the broken shield force field on horseback.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2013, 04:26:53 am »
+1
Only one person could possibly be behind all of these ninja patches and blasphemy....

(click to show/hide)