Poll

Restore normal range of movement?

Yes
44 (58.7%)
No
31 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: May 11, 2011, 07:52:01 am

Author Topic: Cavalry Nerf.... WHY  (Read 10268 times)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Re: Cavalry Nerf.... WHY
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2011, 03:12:41 am »
+1
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:22:40 am by polkafranzi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2011, 03:18:17 am »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2011, 04:08:04 am »
If the cav nerf stayed then those cavs would be in bottom of each team - how's that fair in contrast?

Well done for hot-fixing cav...now give me back my heavy lance -_-

Hello? That is RIGHT NOW, with this so called Nerf. Arabian still outruns arrows  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2011, 04:33:20 am »
Hello? That is RIGHT NOW, with this so called Nerf. Arabian still outruns arrows  :lol:

Not an heirloomed warbow!  :lol: :lol: :lol: It can now catch up with even Champian Coursers...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2011, 11:52:10 am »
Outrun arrows, lol, do you want us to stand still so you can shoot us?
Learn to guide your arrows ahead of the horseman.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:44 pm »
+1
Not to mention that the top 2 spots on both teams are cavalry with over 20 kills, while the next up is melee with 10...

depends on maps and the number of unaware players, how often you see cav topping port assault, nord town, village etc while every other class is doing fine on all maps, cav can do it only on some, and the number of those maps is low... now you dont see cav players bitching about the fact they have to dismount and play the infantry game no, you only see those crybabies that when some map with a bit of flat terrain comes starts to whine about how its the cav paradise when in fact battle maps should all be open field-like and if you want building you got server siege, and guess what you wont see any cav over there

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2011, 01:01:31 pm »
THe speed isnt the real problem here, it's the damage, the scaling is horrible atm, my double loomed heavy lance does 28 pierce now, on masterwork it does 30. Seriously?

Let's see how we got nerfed:
- Much lower damage
- Speed nerfed by a huge amount
- Useless on foot to use
- Shields require more shield skill, making us fall back to worse ones
- No more polearm sidearms with shield due to slot problem
- No more switching to sidearm without dropping our main weapon
- Long pike added a bigger counter
- Heirloom scaling very poor

And what did we get in return:
+ We kept the stats and scaling of the Sarranid (Arabian) Horse, the ultimate killing machine.

Woohoo! The devs nerfed the wrong item and still can't see the OPness of heirloomed Sarranid(Arabian) horses!
lol fail
cav players get speed damg+
so a nock down in damg is nothing, lances need to be nerffed, to 1 shot people while you pony jogs is BS, at lest now u cant just 1 shot every thing,
it is not useless on foot... you are, if u cant kill with a 190 reach weapon you fail hard...
you dont have to fall back to a shitty sheild... just spend 1 more point and boom you got your good sheild back...
so you cant take you sheild, super long lance and some pol-arm into battle... maybe try being just cav witha lances... or try fighting with your pol-arm off pony back lol
pike people drop there weapons when they switch, Throwers drop there lances when they use or pick up any other weapon but unlike your class throwers cant pick them up again.... so cry somewhere ells
Crying about a 280 pike that takes up 1/2 of there slots... also you can see that dam thing form space
All class got hit, cav didnt get hit hard at all, bowmen have less ammo now,Throwing have way less ammo and deal less damg. Xbows do more damg now(they were buffed why?)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2011, 01:10:05 pm »
+1
depends on maps and the number of unaware players, how often you see cav topping port assault, nord town, village etc while every other class is doing fine on all maps, cav can do it only on some, and the number of those maps is low... now you dont see cav players bitching about the fact they have to dismount and play the infantry game no, you only see those crybabies that when some map with a bit of flat terrain comes starts to whine about how its the cav paradise when in fact battle maps should all be open field-like and if you want building you got server siege, and guess what you wont see any cav over there
This should be put on every cav whiner's homepage or as the welcoming message when they log on.

On top of that i'll add that cav DID get hit in the patch and what people always seem to forget, cav has to pay at least double the upkeep than an average infantry player. Stop the bitching already.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:11:51 pm by Shogunate_Ujin »

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2011, 06:10:48 pm »
lol fail
cav players get speed damg+
so a nock down in damg is nothing, lances need to be nerffed, to 1 shot people while you pony jogs is BS, at lest now u cant just 1 shot every thing,
it is not useless on foot... you are, if u cant kill with a 190 reach weapon you fail hard...
you dont have to fall back to a shitty sheild... just spend 1 more point and boom you got your good sheild back...
so you cant take you sheild, super long lance and some pol-arm into battle... maybe try being just cav witha lances... or try fighting with your pol-arm off pony back lol
pike people drop there weapons when they switch, Throwers drop there lances when they use or pick up any other weapon but unlike your class throwers cant pick them up again.... so cry somewhere ells
Crying about a 280 pike that takes up 1/2 of there slots... also you can see that dam thing form space
All class got hit, cav didnt get hit hard at all, bowmen have less ammo now,Throwing have way less ammo and deal less damg. Xbows do more damg now(they were buffed why?)

From this I can tell your one of the people who don't look around for cav then cry's about how we're OP when actually most cav have 4-6 PS and with speed (from the horse) it makes sense that we one hit you due to momentum. Also you say archers and throwers got nerfed the hardest because they can't have as much ammo this is a good thing because before the patch I used to see atleast 7 archers with no melee weapon and with 90 arrows which is  pure BS, throwers I admit can be useful and mid range but again if you have to much ammo then its just stupid.   
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2011, 03:13:38 pm »
On top of that i'll add that cav DID get hit in the patch and what people always seem to forget, cav has to pay at least double the upkeep than an average infantry player. Stop the bitching already.
+1 to Ujin.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2011, 03:19:41 pm »
Yeah, the cav nerf is indeed unnecessary. We pay high amounts of upkeep already, we're no challenge to a player who pays attention and our non-plate horses get 1/2 shotted by thrown/xbows.
Also, we can't do crap on village maps where we get roofcamped to death. I usually just go on foot on those maps because the upkeep is just not worth it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:21:11 pm by Vibe »

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2011, 01:08:32 am »
I'm fed up with the anti-cav whiners who swarm this thread because they just got backstabbed in the head while they were running around like an idiot. They all say cav is easymode because they see one cav player topping the boards. Yet when you duel them on horseback they get owned like hell. Cav did get hit, we always got hit, yet people seem to forget. Why? Because they don't play the class.

So please, all the lobyists go to your own thread, this thread is about the (unnecessary) cav nerf. In which the only reply of the devs was:
'Everyone was using the Heavy Lance, omfg nerf!'

Don't mind the fish.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2011, 12:53:23 pm »
Considering that pike and bamboo are not sheateable, some kind of nerf was necessary to compensate, no ?
Almost  all 1H and polearm user can only block cav attack now.
Yes cav has high upkeep but it is the only class that get an unblockable one hit melee attack, and no it's not easy to avoid couching when you've 4 athletics or less.
Why is couching unblockable anyway ?     

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2011, 07:26:21 pm »
+1
Considering that pike and bamboo are not sheateable, some kind of nerf was necessary to compensate, no ?
Almost  all 1H and polearm user can only block cav attack now.
Yes cav has high upkeep but it is the only class that get an unblockable one hit melee attack, and no it's not easy to avoid couching when you've 4 athletics or less.
Why is couching unblockable anyway ?   

either use some common sense, or at least YT or research how devastating a couched lance was before coming on here with these derp comments.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2011, 11:01:17 pm »
If it makes you feel better, it isn't easy to actually hit someone with a couched lance. Like, I rarely use it, except for the occasional epic, head on, horse on horse charges.

Somebody said that the lance was an effective weapon on foot. That person is false. The reach really doesn't matter when the actual attack is epicly slow. You can only attack from two directions, btw. Oh, and if they're too close, the extra length screws you over and your strike bounces.

A person with a lance, if attacked by somebody with a real infantry weapon, will probably die in a one on one fight. Don't talk about fighting with a team, because I almost never manage to get back to my team after being dehorsed.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG