Poll

Like/Dislike Update

75 (40.5%)
Dislike
110 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Like/Dislike new update?  (Read 8156 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: Like/Dislike new update?
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2011, 03:25:02 pm »
oh je, this is so stupid. is it like this with every game out there or is M&B special? all the raging and bitching after each single patch be it warband beta or crpg, i dont get it :rolleyes:

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
The new patch
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2011, 03:31:59 pm »
After playing this new patch for only 10 minutes, i already feel like quitting CRPG.
I really hope that changes will be made (very) soon, otherwise i fear a great decrease in the number of players playing this mod.

I just said "i feel like GTXting CRPG" in the in-game chat, and on a server with 20 players, 5 immediately answered "i agree" "i feel the same way" or something similar.

The first reason i can mention is the totally fucked up nerf of cav. Cav has been one of the classes with least complaints during the last patch, and i don't think that many people have found it OP. Now it is simply unplayable. It only has 1 usable attack, as the new stab animation frm horse is exactly the same as a couched lance, just worse.

Another thing is the new lack of progress.
With this new patch, you can play till you reach lvl 31 and then it's over. Retiring makes no sense anymore as heirlooms literally suck and the exp bonus has also been nerfed like shit. Lvling past 31 doesnt make much sense either anymore, as you will only lvl like once every month (in the beginning) without exp bonuses.

i have alot more i feel like complaining about, but i am too angry to write it all write now :p
anyways, sorry for just complaining, but i really don't like this patch

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: The new patch
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2011, 03:33:22 pm »
yeah sure, it was really necessary to create another of these threads. hurray

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: what you LIKE about the update!
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2011, 03:38:15 pm »
1. New lance change is nice it was too easy to go on a rampage on a sarranid horse with heavy lance.

2. Less amount of xbow hybrids thank god good change.

3. hmn... nice new armors i geuss havent seen em all tho.

4. the slot item idea i waited so long for that change thx.

Will see how it works out but i fear that we will end up with nothing but polearm users and longbow users but we shall see.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2011, 03:38:46 pm »
yeah sure, it was really necessary to create another of these threads. hurray

Mods are free to move it to spam section if they think it doesnt belong here.

I just feel that the developers need to know how the community feels, and 100 trheads says hat the community hates the patch alot, 1 says that a rally small part of the CRPG community dislikes it

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2011, 03:39:49 pm »
I fear we will lose many playes but from past experiance they all come back sooner or l8r simply because there arent any alternative lol  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: what you LIKE about the update!
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2011, 03:40:35 pm »
website is nice, so are the new gamemodes :)

also like the new items

Offline Adhonis

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adonis Adonis_of_Phoenicia Achtung_Panzer
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2011, 03:40:37 pm »
12 Diff. means 12 STR, doesn't it?

Well, I have 21 str and I cant use it, I cant heirloom it on the web page and I cant weild it on the crpg mod game.

So this patch may be bugged. Or I did something wrong.

Ok what really happends is that I lost my twice Heirloomed dadao, and it is removed so none can use it now. Strange bug.
"E tan, e epi tan"
"Come home with your shield or upon it”-  Spartan woman to her son.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2011, 03:43:21 pm »
i dont worry much about it, i'm gonna wait for a hotfix(s) and everything will be normal.

current scenario has happened in every crpg update so far, and after hotfixes and some time all loved it

until then i'll have fun with some other things
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2011, 03:59:33 pm »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:03:44 pm by OttomanSniper »

Offline Gondemar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Torayama clan, Ninja, ex-Shogunate, ex-Pecores
  • Game nicks: Torayama_Munemori (main) ; Satsujin_the_Unseen ; Gondemar_the_Fat
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2011, 03:59:55 pm »
Quite a good patch I'd say.
Slot system is awesome. I'm bringing new players, so making retirement and heirlooms a little less interesting is quite a good idea.

I actually hope yo see the new strange armors soon ! the new armors or skins are awesome by the way.
My two hander can still fight the way he used to.
My full strenght - polearm (pglb) character too.
My thrower has to make choices, and to fight close combat he has to bring less throwing weapons... Not really a problem, it's less a throwing fest but still make one or two kills/assists a round with 4 to 6 javelines or spears. Quite good.
My cav is dead, it's unplayable, and quite a pity.
Testing my archer right now. Seems more accurate, but can't bring as much arrows or close combat weapon.

Mostly positive about the patch, the cavalry nerf wasn't really necessary I'd say, regarding of the money it costs, new pikes... Seems like it's a little less a ranged fest, but they still are effective when making sacrifices in close combat, I'd say then we reach here a better balance.

But please, be indulgent with cav :/

The Way of the Samurai is found in death ; Torayama Clan
                          Munemori's armory

Offline crojosip

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • *insert random quote here*
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crojo
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2011, 04:08:28 pm »
Only dislike the more expensive repairs.

Offline Adhonis

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adonis Adonis_of_Phoenicia Achtung_Panzer
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2011, 04:17:53 pm »
Quite a good patch I'd say.
Slot system is awesome. I'm bringing new players, so making retirement and heirlooms a little less interesting is quite a good idea.

I actually hope yo see the new strange armors soon ! the new armors or skins are awesome by the way.
My two hander can still fight the way he used to.
My full strenght - polearm (pglb) character too.
My thrower has to make choices, and to fight close combat he has to bring less throwing weapons... Not really a problem, it's less a throwing fest but still make one or two kills/assists a round with 4 to 6 javelines or spears. Quite good.
My cav is dead, it's unplayable, and quite a pity.
Testing my archer right now. Seems more accurate, but can't bring as much arrows or close combat weapon.

Mostly positive about the patch, the cavalry nerf wasn't really necessary I'd say, regarding of the money it costs, new pikes... Seems like it's a little less a ranged fest, but they still are effective when making sacrifices in close combat, I'd say then we reach here a better balance.

But please, be indulgent with cav :/

Seriously you must be kidding

THrowers now can only have 6 jarids or spears or watever and have to PICK UP weapons from ground, thats idiot.

Retirement is useless, bonus are a joke.  This kills endgame action, its good to have high level players. It must not be easy, but now its impossible if you dont play 24/7
"E tan, e epi tan"
"Come home with your shield or upon it”-  Spartan woman to her son.

Offline Stylin_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valt_The_Duke_of_Disco
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2011, 04:58:21 pm »
cavalry is dead....id say well ill retire n go 1h crossbow because i still have my masterwork xbow BUUUUUUT i had 76k starting today buuuut im at 48k n i wore only peasant cloths.... so cant play til that's fixed..... sadly i will be getting athletics next gen due to cavalry being dead, i hope lance thrust gets fixed.... because 2h just has to jump out of the path of the horse and you cant reach em.....then kill the rider with a side swing... am sad..... also throwing lances are still here, massive disappointment.... so what to do while i wait? pray it gets fixed? find a god to pray to? guess ill play league of legends and world of tanks....

Sorry, but I have to say this. If you want to NEVER be taken seriously and come off as elementary school kid, keep using ellipsis between EVERY FUCKING SENTENCE. So many kids do this these days, look at youtube comments if you don't believe me. It drives me nuts, what compels someone not use any punctuation and end every god damn sentence with an ellipsis. I seriously fear the day when this generation is running shit, god help us all.

On topic: The update just seems slightly broken. I am however happy about the addition of some slick looking armor, albeit something other than Russian stuff would have been nice. Also happy that I don't have to use bodkins as Khergit are a great option now (only being one less damage and a slightly larger stack). Like some other people mentioned, I seem to be losing money, sometimes in large amounts. I haven't noticed that repairs are any more than before, but something is happening that's making my money tank. And lastly, the new pole arm thrust despite possibly being faster (and better) looks so goofy I can't take pole arms seriously. I was considering making a warspear user but that thrust turned me off completely.

OH, and I completely forgot to mention that hitboxes, especially those for the head seem much smaller. I've noticed my arrows pretty much passing through enemies or not hitting in cases where it would have easily scored a hit before. Anyone else noticed this? Also is it just me, or do arrows seem to travel faster? I don't remember the shoot speeds of bows pre-patch to compare them.

And one other thing, I edited my character to have one of the new skin types (if you weren't aware, there's a bunch of new ones). After I edited the skin type to a new one, my char won't connect to the database or something, can't chose any gear, have no stats and am at level 1. As soon as I edited the skin back to an old one I could get all my stuff =/.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:44:42 pm by Stylin_ATS »

Offline pumak

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2011, 04:58:59 pm »
I started playing crpg for 2 months now and seriously, the mod was sooooooo funny.  There were some things unbalanced? of course, but the mod was still funny. Now we have limitations for almost everything. Its funny to nerf aaaaaaall classes? I dont think so, but yay now its more balanced! congrats!

But seriously, this is a game, this is a mod and for balanced shit we already have Native. I apreciate the efforts to make this mod more balanced and accesible to most people, but this changes are very boring and a pain in the ass :(