Poll

Like/Dislike Update

75 (40.5%)
Dislike
110 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Like/Dislike new update?  (Read 8136 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: Like/Dislike new update?
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2011, 06:16:43 pm »
Things seem mostly ok...

Polearm stab looks bad animation-wise.  It's a total arm-stab.  Not body or hips are put into the thrust.  It looks terrible.

Weight and item-slot information should be on the page.  We need to know how  many slots items take up before we buy them.

The new page looks niiiiice. :)

I'm losing all my gold for some reason...

We should have a character reset/rebuild option to account for all the changes, no?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2011, 06:48:56 pm »
things i like:

- crpg site interface
- tweaked 2handed thrust. now the damage is fine. way lesser than polearms.
- blockcrush fine tuned. now i can still blockcrush good against 2handers or pikemens using a mallet with 7PS. i havent tested it on shields tho.
- big weapons, more slots. forcing to use a 2h and backup shield or 2h sword and 2h maul/mallet/whatever.

things i don't like

- new polearm thrust. i have a hybrid thrower/polearm. the thrust animation should be a buff to polearm but not really good looking. also, the previous animation gave a shorter thrust but a more powerful one. i think its related to animation speed and tied then to speedbonus.
- with my thrower alt, i can carry only a set of jarids (nerfd to 3 ammo) and a polearm. so, raising throwing to 120 profiency and 8 PT, is quite useless when you have only 3 ammo. if i don't carry a polearm i can only use 6 ammo.
- english bill cannot be sheated. so if i want to use a english bill, i can only equip that and nothing else.
- hafted blade, glaive, GLA, poleaxe. they still have the stun. paired with a thrust buff, is well making me thinking to retire my 2hander in a polearm wielder.
- on my thrower polearm, i have 97 polearm profiency. i can spam an elegant poleaxe at the same speed of my 2handed main with a danish greatsword and 155 profiency.

things im not sure of:

- - 1h/shield boost. good for shielders but now in a world of archers with shieldbreaking throwers almost gone, shielders are better suited. gave em more speed. you will see only shielders be the match aces.

i'll not talk about cav as there are lots of cav players that know how they're doing.

i'm really thinking to retire to polearms. why? because:

- polearms have: stun, good thrust, wider weapon variety. pikes, lances, poleaxes, can-openers, maces, staves.
- poleaxes are shieldbreakers and not unbalanced like the 2h axes or morningstar
- the bec-de-corbin is by far superior to the morningstar. 4 swing directions against 3, not unbalanced (makes you able to feint it) and more reach even considering how the animation wield it. since the morningstar became an axe with pierce damage, is now quite useless.

i really don't know... the patch didn't gave me a good feel. i feel crpg going too far from how mount&blade is made.

need to test it deeper but... for now it just made me quit the testing to do something else.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2011, 06:59:04 pm »
I haven't looked at everything. Mostly just my stuff.

RIP Rhodok Crossbowman. And I was going to start heirlooming my board shield next gen.
nerfed military cleaver. Damage I can see, but speed too?
My head is smaller. Can't make it look right. Looks weird in helmet now.
Everything is wrong in the world.
DOOM DOOM DOOM

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2011, 07:00:46 pm »
Look at the "like" votes skyrocket as time goes on. To be expected of course.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2011, 07:48:07 pm »
Well, combat feels slower than before, a bit too slow for my agibuild.
And it took a while to find the option to toggle off the annoying voice sets.

At last the buckler, i canĀ“t help me, but i think it got a bit smaller again.
I believe it had a size of 1x5 before the patch now it is "only" 2x2.

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2011, 07:49:53 pm »

But I am not exactly the standard player.