Poll

Like/Dislike Update

75 (40.5%)
Dislike
110 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Like/Dislike new update?  (Read 8134 times)

Offline Redemption

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Like/Dislike new update?
« on: April 29, 2011, 05:53:07 am »
So what's your opinion on the new thrust for polearms, website, nerfs, buffs and about everything else that you noticed has changed?

In my own opinion I like it because of the sweet character page now, and now certain items take up more slots. Which will restrict what you can be by a lot.
"Redemption is the best player I have ever met" - Redemption

Offline Barman1942

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Like/Dislike new update?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 05:56:12 am »
I welcome the archery buffs and the quicker 1H buffs, but the repair system is totally FUBAR right now. Everything is expensive to repair, which would make sense if you rarely took damage...but it's a melee based game, you're *always* going to take some hits when you get into a fight. You'll work up 8k gold to repair your armor, repair it, then play for an hour to make that gold back only to have to spend it all on repairing your armor again!

That, and I've had bits of armor get damaged even when I haven't had a single fight/fall.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 06:07:28 am »
First impression is shit.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 06:11:37 am »
First impression is shit.

I understand why your awesomeness is -43 now.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 06:12:51 am »
I noticed that the Long Espada Eslanova is missing from my inventory.  Hopefully that is an oversight that can be corrected.
Other than that I like the new page.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 06:14:11 am »
cavalry is dead....id say well ill retire n go 1h crossbow because i still have my masterwork xbow BUUUUUUT i had 76k starting today buuuut im at 48k n i wore only peasant cloths.... so cant play til that's fixed..... sadly i will be getting athletics next gen due to cavalry being dead, i hope lance thrust gets fixed.... because 2h just has to jump out of the path of the horse and you cant reach em.....then kill the rider with a side swing... am sad..... also throwing lances are still here, massive disappointment.... so what to do while i wait? pray it gets fixed? find a god to pray to? guess ill play league of legends and world of tanks....
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 06:14:51 am »
Yeah i lost 10k playing for 45 minutes using 45k worth of equipment. Jesus christ.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 06:21:14 am »
my stuff was worth.... i think 6-7k due to heavy lance
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 06:24:32 am »
IMO the slots requirement is really great, for the longbow buff I find it gives the LB a purpose cuz before it was not worth it compared to warbow so these are the good things I saw beside the nice website theme and all.

Things that suck:
On the other end, I'm a pure polearmer and I find the new stab animation too fast and just wierd. I know it's new and all but its really just too fast right now it's pretty much the new lolstabbing. I can own so easily with my poleaxe by just poking around. And by the look of it, I was on siege and it became the new ez-lolstab fest it was not cool when I was doing it or receiving it.

Also, this other thing is totally breaking the game: the new upkeep. I was for 2 maps ALWAYS on 5x and even at 5x all the time, with a total value of my gear around 25 840 gold (was written on the website itself), I LOST 12k DURING THOSE 2 MAPS! This is just too much. Also with the bonus xp nerf, I don't understand why nerf this? At gen 9, im currently doing 6.2k of xp per tick at 5x when I was doing 9k like 4 hours ago! This is ridiculous... I feel like the time I spent playing did not really give me an advantage over the new players.

IMO, in resumé, the patch killed the fun of "older players" with the xp bonus nerf, it makes playing with decent gear impossible and just transformed polearms into lolstabmachines.

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 06:28:28 am »
Its still way too early to have a good opinion since there will be probably (hopefully) big tweaks, but the first impression is not so freat, i don't like the change to polearm stab at all and as for the new exp system O_o, it just seem like the new players will be even more scared to heirloom their crap and the veterans will be pissed off cause all their work to get high gen is gone to shit lol

We will see what the future holds
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 06:29:45 am »
well, give it chance, obviously there are some fixes that need to be made...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 06:33:26 am »
The slots idea is just stupid, i doesn't allow me to use my war bow a set of arrow and a sword.

Retiring now is just plain pointless now, since it barley add anything and Its literally impossible to make money.
Bring back the old version, i bet within a month 75% of the veteran players will be like " Fuck this" and leave.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tankmen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 06:37:01 am »
ya please do heirloom reset, heavy lance is useless, my horse is then pointless and since 1h seems unharmed despite the OP swords (side sword) i guess ill heirloom my knightly arming and use my master work Derp bow(sniper). 1H XBOW EVERY BODY YAY karma was prepared... i just didnt realized id get fucked so hard, i thought the bastard sword isnt a huge sword 1 slot at best so heavy lance 2 slots heavy bastard n shield  NOPE.  honestly i am glad i got back in the mood to play league of legends,  ILL BE THERE TIL THIS SHITS STRAIGHTENED OUT ..
 or play fire n sword SP, which leads me to my conspiracy theory, in which tale worlds made chad fuck this mod up so bad every one would leave.... guess im buying fire n sword bullshit 

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 06:37:25 am »
At first glance, dislike. Added invisible weapons, gear. Q chat commands are very clunky. Never had an issue with previous polearm thrust, personally. Lost Masterwork Long Espada and am unable to purchase a new, unheirloomed one (leading me to believe I still own the sword, yet it doesn't show in my inventory). Lack of weight information on items on site. Upkeep is fubar.

I'm hoping some or all of these and more are addressed soon.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 06:39:03 am »
Ok, so everything in the game is now broken, archery was buffed up the ass, great.